PDA

View Full Version : Classmates.com

44INAROW
06-24-2006, 07:46 PM
OK, so we're working on a class reunion. Can't find some folks and we discussed joining Classmates.com. Anyone had any experience with that site? Is it s ripoff?

PPHSfan
06-24-2006, 08:01 PM
I am a member, and I have not been thrilled. I get access, but none of the members, including myself leave much of a trail.

44INAROW
06-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I am a member, and I have not been thrilled. I get access, but none of the members, including myself leave much of a trail.

that's kinda what we figured...... guess we'll just find these folks the old fashioned way :)

exbccards76'smom
06-25-2006, 05:29 AM
I used Classmates to contact some old class members about a reunion meeting. A few of them replied to me.

gobbler grad
06-25-2006, 09:23 AM
we used it and it seemed to help...found most of them, anyway...usually, somebody knows somebody that knows somebody that can get them...good luck 44 :thinking:

my wife is getting her 20th year going this summer and has found a few through classmates

ILS1
06-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
we used it and it seemed to help...found most of them, anyway...usually, somebody knows somebody that knows somebody that can get them...good luck 44 :thinking:

I'm also in the midst of helping plan our.....(gulp)......20th Reunion,as well. We never had a 10th or any type of reunion at all. Don't know why? BTW,am I wrong in assuming that wasn't it the job of the Class President or Veep to try and set one up. I was never a Class officer (never wanted to be) during school but now I wish I was. Our former QB and I are starting to get the wheels in motion and trying to set one up and get everyone located. Their was only 18 of us. I know the location of about half the class. You would think of being so small we would all at least keep in contact. I probably haven't seen 5 classmates since graduation. The others I've run into a couple of times.

:D

Maroon87
06-25-2006, 01:06 PM
I've actually made contact with several people through that site. Overall I think it's pretty good.

Gobbla2001
06-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I think our's is a 10 year... giving me about 5 more years to get the Arnold Shwarthoffiheizenager look...

I'm gunna tell 'em I invented Post-Its...

44INAROW
06-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I'm also in the midst of helping plan our.....(gulp)......20th Reunion,as well. We never had a 10th or any type of reunion at all. Don't know why? BTW,am I wrong in assuming that wasn't it the job of the Class President or Veep to try and set one up.

:D

traditionally, I think that's the way it's supposed to go, but as it is, all the Class Officers don't live anywhere near Cuero anymore, so some of us "locals" are doing it........