PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fictional Western Movie Character

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Gus MCRae!
Duval was magical in this role as he usually is in everything he does.

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Rooster Cogburn

hawkfan
06-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Jacob McCandles, even though I thought he was dead.:)

hawkfan
06-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Jacob McCandles, even though I thoughe he was dead.:)

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I dunno...

Anyone remember the television series "Young Riders"...

man I used to LOVE that movie, my favorite character was Cody (I think that was his name, played by that Baldwin boy)...

3afan
06-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Josey Wales

pirate44
06-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Shane!!!

the baddest dude ever to handle a 6 shooter. the final scene is better than the one in Unforgiven. dont get me wrong, Unforgiven was awesome too.

Maroon87
06-24-2006, 04:38 PM
The Man with No Name from "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly."

big daddy russ
06-24-2006, 04:54 PM
The Stranger from High Plains Drifter (I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie)

wordonthastreet
06-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Word on tha street says that any spaghetti Western with Eastwood is a bad flick.

big daddy russ
06-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by wordonthastreet
Word on tha street says that any spaghetti Western with Eastwood is a bad flick.
Big Daddy Russ says that spaghetti Western or not, Clint Eastwood is a bad mofo.

espn1
06-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Big Daddy Russ says that spaghetti Western or not, Clint Eastwood is a bad mofo. I also love the Trinity Flicks. He and Clint are both bad mofo's

DaHop72
06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Ole Matt Dillion held his own pretty well.:D

smustangs
06-25-2006, 11:17 AM
doc holliday
gus

PhiI C
06-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Don't forget Alex Nicol playing Jimmy Rapp (based on Johnny Ringo) in Dawn at Socorro. This was a great performance which many people felt should have won the oscar for best supporting actor for 1954. Jimmy Rapp plays a gunfighter with a strange sense of honor who opposes Rory Calhoun. In the first 15 minutes of the movie when he is late to fight with his adopted family against Rory Calhoun is a performance by Nicol that is devestating. And the conversation between Nicol, Calhoun and Piper Laurie as they ride the stage to Socorro will leave you limp. Even in the last part of the movie where he lingers in the background one feels the suspense and the electricitiy. Then the final showdown between Nicol and Calhoun which is inevitable even though you wish it didn't have to be. Truely a vastly underrated performance. When shown again on TCM those that have missed it will want to see this great movie and enjoy this splendid performance indeed.

injuredinmelee
06-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Don't forget Alex Nicol playing Jimmy Rapp (based on Johnny Ringo) in Dawn at Socorro. This was a great performance which many people felt should have won the oscar for best supporting actor for 1954. Jimmy Rapp plays a gunfighter with a strange sense of honor who opposes Rory Calhoun. In the first 15 minutes of the movie when he is late to fight with his adopted family against Rory Calhoun is a performance by Nicol that is devestating. And the conversation between Nicol, Calhoun and Piper Laurie as they ride the stage to Socorro will leave you limp. Even in the last part of the movie where he lingers in the background one feels the suspense and the electricitiy. Then the final showdown between Nicol and Calhoun which is inevitable even though you wish it didn't have to be. Truely a vastly underrated performance. When shown again on TCM those that have missed it will want to see this great movie and enjoy this splendid performance indeed.

I guess I will have to watch it now.