PDA

View Full Version : Im interested in listening to how everyone thinks Burnet is going to do this season

20StephDawg05
05-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Well i am from Burnet and i was just wondering how you all think they will do this year in football. Because they lost alot of good players but still have some.

PPHSfan
05-30-2003, 01:48 PM
They still have their ace QB and WR. As long as the OL holds up, they will be a TOP Contenter.

20StephDawg05
05-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Yup that is true. Thanks for ur input

Matthew328
05-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Burnet is my team to beat....but there are a couple of question marks....can the running game be as successful as it was last year?? If not teams will really focus all their attention on Shipley...Miller gave the Bulldogs a very balanced attack..also I think Templeton was a big part of Burnet's offense...replacing him will be important and finally can the O-Line be as dominant as it was last year...

Old Dog
05-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Burnet has a lot going for it next season, but they are also carrying a large target on their back. They won't slip up on anybody, especially those in pre-district. I think 2003 will be a larger charactor test than last year. With Stephen and Jordan having already verbaled to Div I schools, a lot of opponents with lesser reps are gona want to show them up. There is no doubt in my mind that Coach Shipley will keep their minds on track. Personally, I can't wait until kick-off.

Old Tiger
05-30-2003, 02:41 PM
They have what it takes to win. Hunger is the question. How bad do they want it and what will they do to get it also.

20StephDawg05
05-30-2003, 03:54 PM
yes i cant wait until the first game either. and i agree with you Matthew-Miller did balance it out and thats what i am worried about. but i think the coaches know what we want and what they want, and i know that they will keep their mind on the team and train those boys to be just as good as last year, even if we lost a few good players. some people say we will be #1 this year, but we will just have to sit and watch what happens!