PDA

View Full Version : What Movies have made you cry?

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 12:36 PM
List some of the flicks that have made you cry and the age if you feel it matters.

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Rocky 3 I was about 12 or 13. If Mickeys death didnt rock you to the core... well there is no hope for you.

Where the Red Fern Grows.

Old Yeller

What about tv shows?

I have been known to get choked up during Extreme Homemakover. And not just because of Ty's annoying megaphone.

Blastoderm55
06-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Rudy. Every single time.

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
List some of the flicks that have made you cry and the age if you feel it matters.

friday night lights,,,,,didnt like the movie, but reminded me when i tore my knee:( and this as last year

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 12:39 PM
I just didnt enjoy Rudy for some reason. I have heard several people list it as one of the best sports movies ever. Maybe it is my detestation (is that a word) of Notre Dame.

Blastoderm55
06-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Transformers: The Movie. Optimus dying was a shocker for every four year old.

Forrest Gump

Chasing Amy

Jersey Girl

Add me to the list for Rocky III, though I usually get teary eyed for Rocky IV as well after Drago obliterates Apollo.

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I teared up at the end of Friday Night Lights the first time I saw it... just seen that type of deal happen too many times and it hits me personally...

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 12:44 PM
But I've cried tears of laughter during Old School, Dodgeball and a few others...

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 12:49 PM
And Steel Magnolias... dear lord, made me cry every time my ex wanted to put it in...

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Oh, and Top Gun, when Goose dies... now I just cry before it happens because I already know it will...

R.I.P., Goose...

eagles_victory
06-24-2006, 01:01 PM
I cried in the season finale of the OC when Marissa died.

Phil C
06-24-2006, 02:28 PM
The Bounty Hunter with Randolph Scott because the villian turned out to be the sheriff and in my young mind I couldn't understand that a peace officer (remember I was only about 6) would be a criminal. Of course when I watched it years later it was easier to understand especially when the character gave several hints that I didn't understand at a young age.
At that same age I came close when Bambi's mother died. Also Rage at Dawn with Randolph Scott I came close because Randolph Scott didn't come into the movie until after about the first 20 minutes and I was wondering if he was going to be in the movie. :)

exbccards76'smom
06-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
And Steel Magnolias... dear lord, made me cry every time my ex wanted to put it in...

Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies. I get choked up every time I see it.

Who Don't cry at the end of Old Yeller?

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 02:45 PM
hahaha.....in 8th grade i was the ONLY one on a choir trip to not have seen armageddon, and we watched it on the bus. i felt bad cause not even the girls were cryin hahaha

Ranger Mom
06-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm almost ashamed to admit this...but there is this one episode of "Fresh Prince of Belaire" where Will's dad comes back into his life and plans on taking Will with him on the road and then leaves him again.

Will is talking to Uncle Phil and says, "why don't he want me?" and then falls into his arms crying....man, that gets to me EVERY time!!

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm almost ashamed to admit this...but there is this one episode of "Fresh Prince of Belaire" where Will's dad comes back into his life and plans on taking Will with him on the road and then leaves him again.

Will is talking to Uncle Phil and says, "why don't he want me?" and then falls into his arms crying....man, that gets to me EVERY time!!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/A20.gif

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2006, 02:58 PM
:weeping:

Ghost - any age
Top Gun - ditto
Saving Private Ryan
Bambi

I'm sure there's more. :thinking:

Ranger Mom
06-24-2006, 03:03 PM
The Notebook!:(

big daddy russ
06-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Brian's Song

Old Yeller

Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Transformers: The Movie. Optimus dying was a shocker for every four year old.
I'm sure I cried there, too.

Hey, Blast, did you know that there's a new Trasnformers movie coming out? I was watching the Late Show with Craig Ferguson last night... guest was Tyrese Gibson... he's one of the stars.

I'm there.

PPHSfan
06-24-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't cry at the movies. But Million Dollar Baby liked to broke my heart.

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Brian's Song
Oh, man! How could I forget? :(

lostaussie
06-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Brian's Song gets me everytime.

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 03:28 PM
I watched armegeddon recently and cried. Didnt the first time i saw it. Maybe im just in a different screwed up emotional state now.

Blastoderm55
06-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Brian's Song

Old Yeller

I'm sure I cried there, too.

Hey, Blast, did you know that there's a new Trasnformers movie coming out? I was watching the Late Show with Craig Ferguson last night... guest was Tyrese Gibson... he's one of the stars.

I'm there.

The live-action movie? Yeah, heard about it a while back. It had been rumored for a while, so it'll be pretty neat to see it finally come to life.

big daddy russ
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
The live-action movie? Yeah, heard about it a while back. It had been rumored for a while, so it'll be pretty neat to see it finally come to life.
Yes sir. I'm stoked.

Fal44
06-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Friday Night Lights- when he goes into the locker room and comes out and the uncle is waiting for him in the car and he just bursts out crying man that got me

pirate4state
06-24-2006, 04:52 PM
:weeping: :weeping:

Steel Magonilas
The Notebook
Legends of the Fall (Brad Pitt has never looked hotter :inlove: )
Finding Nemo (that first scene is a shocker!)
Whale Rider
Beaches
Braveheart
A Time to Kill
TITANIC!!!
Rocky, II, & III hell even IV...V made cry b/c it was so bad

and

The Dirty Dozen :D

mrescape43
06-24-2006, 05:08 PM
"My Life" with Micheal Keaton.

MHSvarsity2007
06-24-2006, 05:17 PM
all the disney movies are sad...such as lion king, fox and the hound, bambi etc.

i bauled in the notebook for some reason

pearl harbor. everytime.

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I cried at Pearl harbor because the plot was too thick with romanticism and very predictable not to mention about an hour too long.

piratebg
06-24-2006, 07:20 PM
The first time I saw The Land Before Time as a kid, I cried when Little Foot's mother died. :weeping:

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The first time I saw The Land Before Time as a kid, I cried when Little Foot's mother died. :weeping:

Oh yah, I remember crying to that... and remember crying when I lost my first tooth trying to open up my Land Before Time toy at Pizza Hut...

SintonFan
06-25-2006, 01:20 AM
The Last of the Mohicans... that whole seen at the end and seeing it at an IMAX. Powerful.
Armageddon... it's definately an empathetic Dad thing.
50 First Dates... how can you not at the end?
Braveheart... "Freeeeeeedom! ..."
The Passion of the Christ... no explanation needed.

CHS_CG
06-25-2006, 02:00 AM
~The notebook always gets me
~A walk to remember gets me bc the song "Only Hope" was sang at my best friends funeral
~Steel Magonilas
~How to Deal
~ Remember the Titans ( i have no idea why though lol)

there are more i just cant think of them!

lepfan
06-25-2006, 02:15 AM
The Notebook!:( I just saw this on TV not long ago for the first time...I cried like a baby! I also cried on Steel Magnolias and Ghost.

PHS Wildcats
06-25-2006, 02:21 AM
Boys on the Side and Armageddon when "Willie Stamper" was talking to his daughter before he hit the button

pantherpop
06-25-2006, 09:47 AM
The movie Radio, where his mom died really got to me. Also I agree that the show X-treme home makeovers gets to me about half the time. A funny one I remember that made my middle son cry was Ernest scared stupid when that dog, Rim shot was his name, got petrified by the monster.

44INAROW
06-25-2006, 10:01 AM
"The Champ" with Jon Voight and Ricky Schroeder... I cried like a baby......... "Champ, please don't die, don't leave me all alone.... I love you Champ" :(

DaHop72
06-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Ole Yeller
Briann's Song
Shenendoah

smustangs
06-25-2006, 10:50 AM
where the red fern grows i was bout 13 or 14

gobbler grad
06-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Old Yeller

everyone cried when Old Yeller was shot...:(

Chris Hart
06-25-2006, 01:12 PM
For me, it's The Patriot with Mel Gibson, in several places. However, the part where the youngest girl that couldn't talk finally starts crying "daddy, daddy" for the first time and running after her dad as he is about to head back to the war. I guess having a daughter myself about that age makes it even more intense. Him losing two of his sons during the movie does it to me too, and also the part where the two youngest boys are crying while they are actually shooting Brits to help their dad after one of their brothers was killed and the other was taken prisoner( at the same time their dad is just going off on some Brits hand to hand= GREAT SCENE!). Awesome movie!:clap:

hutex04
06-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Iam a guy i dont cry in movies! haha. But ones that did chock me up are
Titanic (first time seeing it)
The Notebook (mom wanted me to see it and it was a pretty good movie)
Passion of Christ (ive never felt so angry and upset over a movie, you just wanna be there and shoot all those a**holes that killed or hurt jesus)
Night Mother' An unknown movie to most. But probably the most sad of all time

Bulldog_12
06-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I agree with Mike with the Patriot. I also cried in Radio when the mom died. I even got a little choked up in Big Daddy when the child services took the little kid and he was talking about he didnt even like the kangaroo song anymore.

injuredinmelee
06-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
~The notebook always gets me
~A walk to remember gets me bc the song "Only Hope" was sang at my best friends funeral
~Steel Magonilas
~How to Deal
~ Remember the Titans ( i have no idea why though lol)

there are more i just cant think of them!

When i read A Walk To Remember several years ago I bawled through the entire thing.

injuredinmelee
06-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
"The Champ" with Jon Voight and Ricky Schroeder... I cried like a baby......... "Champ, please don't die, don't leave me all alone.... I love you Champ" :(

I always forget about that movie. It was great! It is now my mission to find it here in town.

CenTexSports
06-25-2006, 05:54 PM
For TV show:

How can you not tear up when Mark McCain runs and jumps in pa's arms at the end of about half of the Riffleman's shows?

Old Green
06-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
The movie Radio, where his mom died really got to me. Also I agree that the show X-treme home makeovers gets to me about half the time. A funny one I remember that made my middle son cry was Ernest scared stupid when that dog, Rim shot was his name, got petrified by the monster. Radio. I don't shed tears much, but this one did.

pirate44
06-25-2006, 07:09 PM
It's a Wonderful Life

The Passion of Christ.

these are the only 2 movies i remember not being able to control myself. i've only seen The Passion once, but ive seen Its a Wonderful Life about a hundred times and i tear up on several parts of that movie every time i watch it.

Phantom Stang
06-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Field of Dreams, when Kevin Costner asks his father's ghost for a game of catch.

44INAROW
06-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

The Notebook

I still haven''t seen "The Notebook" I am putting that on my list of movies to rent this summer...... :)

CHS_CG
06-25-2006, 09:48 PM
I still haven''t seen "The Notebook" I am putting that on my list of movies to rent this summer...... :)

You will cry! I saw it when I was still prego and my first temp job required we worked every other weekend, so one of my co-workers brought his laptop up there and we watched it.. I did my best not to cry but I couldnt help it lol.

pero chato
06-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Hanoi Hilton - when the POWs return home, I cried unashamedly in front of my wife. My father was a Vietnam vet, so any 'Nam movie is special to me.

DU_stud04
06-26-2006, 01:45 AM
i teared up during every fast and the furious movies, i cant imagine hurting a car like that....even the new one, he wrecked every car!!!

oh yea, also gone in 60 seconds at the end, when they spike the 67 gt500 through the sides, i almost went into a cardiac arrest.:( :( :(

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-26-2006, 01:59 AM
howard the duck, all of the muppet movies...

piratebg
06-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Showgirls :weeping:

eagles_victory
06-26-2006, 02:25 AM

Will is talking to Uncle Phil and says, "why don't he want me?" and then falls into his arms crying....man, that gets to me EVERY time!! I saw that one like 3 weeks ago and it got me too and then i watched the same epsiode an hour later and it got me again very sad

CHS_Grad '85
06-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Ditto - I was about 12 and that scene was just too much for me... I starting balling...
http://www.dvcreators.net/discuss/images/smilies/crying.gif

AP Panther Fan
06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Beaches (I have a hard time turning off the tears)....
The Notebook
Steel Magnolias

Oh, and remember....
My Girl, when Thomas J (McCauley Caulkin) gets stung by bees and dies....
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

pirate4state
06-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

My Girl, when Thomas J (McCauley Caulkin) gets stung by bees and dies....
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: "where are his glasses? He can't see without his glasses?" :weeping: :weeping:

I forgot about My Girl!!! I'm sure we are leaving out a bunch of other movies!!

AP Panther Fan
06-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
"where are his glasses? He can't see without his glasses?" :weeping: :weeping:

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

We are forgetting quite a few.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2006, 11:19 AM
8 Seconds :weeping: :weeping: