PDA

View Full Version : 100 Rilfes (movie) coming to Encore Westerns!

Phil C
06-23-2006, 11:22 AM
You will have two chances to catch this great movie filmed in color with beautiful scenery and action. It will be on at noon on Friday June 30 and again at midnight on July 1. If you can't watch at those times be sure to set your recorders.

The movie stars Jim Brown (the former great NFL running back) as Lydecker who by permission of the Mexican government comes to Mexico to arrest Burt Reynolds who plays Yaqui Joe who has robbed a bank in the USA to buy guns for his people who are savagely being repressed by the Mexican Government. The beautiful Raquel Welch plays Sarita who is sympathetic to the cause of the Indians. Be sure to watch for her showering scene at the train stop. Fernando Lomas who is a great actor from Mexico does great as General Verdago. Also in the movie is great character actor Dan o'Herlihy as Grimes who is a USA Southern Pacific Rail Road Representive and Eric Braedon as Lt. Von Klemme who is a German Army Republic Representative. Also the beautiful Soledad Miranda appears in the first part of the movie as the Girl in the Hotel with Reynolds and her appearance though brief is outstanding and deserved Oscar consideration for best supporting actress. The setting is in Mexico in the early 19th century.

This is a great movie and Burt Reynolds is really great in it. This was made before he became a big star and it shows why he was to be a great star in the future (The Movie was made in 1969). In fact in the credits he is listed behind Brown and Welch!

It is a good movie in beautiful color and is not to be missed indeed.

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You will have two chances to catch this great movie filmed in color with beautiful scenery and action. It will be on at noon on Friday June 30 and again at midnight on July 14. If you can't watch at those times be sure to set your recorders.

The movie stars Jim Brown (the former great NFL running back) as Lydecker who by permission of the Mexican government comes to Mexico to arrest Burt Reynolds who plays Yaqui Joe who has robbed a bank in the USA to buy guns for his people who are savagely being repressed by the Mexican Government. The beautiful Raquel Welch plays Sarita who is sympathetic to the cause of the Indians. Be sure to watch for her showering scene at the train stop. Fernando Lomas who is a great actor from Mexico does great as General Verdago. Also in the movie is great character actor Dan o'Herlihy as Grimes who is a USA Southern Pacific Rail Road Representive and Eric Braedon as Lt. Von Klemme who is a German Army Republic Representative. Also the beautiful Soledad Miranda appears in the first part of the movie as the Girl in the Hotel with Reynolds and her appearance though brief is outstanding and deserved Oscar consideration for best supporting actress. The setting is in Mexico in the early 19th century.

This is a great movie and Burt Reynolds is really great in it. This was made before he became a big star and it shows why he was to be a great star in the future (The Movie was made in 1969). In fact in the credits he is listed behind Brown and Welch!

It is a good movie in beautiful color and is not to be missed indeed. I've always ADMIRED Raquel Welch.:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Phil C
06-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I've always ADMIRED Raquel Welch.:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Da you don't want to miss this movie especially the showering scene at the train stop.

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
especially the showering scene :devil: :devil:

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 11:29 AM
YES...THE MOVIE POSTS ARE BACK!!! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Phil...I admire the time and effort in this post...even if you copy/pasted it! ;)

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I've always ADMIRED Raquel Welch.:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Me too........And a second me too, for ^^ well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you figure it out. :devil:

By the way. What is a Rilfes?:D
LOL, sorry Phil.:D

CHS_CG
06-23-2006, 12:36 PM
I think i would rather shoot myself in the foot than watch a western