PDA

View Full Version : Hey Old Cardinal

Phil C
10-16-2003, 03:36 PM
I read where the USA Women's Junior (Under 19) softball team has a perfect record at the 2003 World Cup in China. They are now 5 - 0 and have cinced the first seed in their pool even though they have one game with Russia tomorrow and then the playoffs. Their scores have been USA over Argentina 7 - 0, USA over the Netherlands 8 - 0, USA over Thailand 20 - 0, USA over Canada 5 - 0, and USA over Chinese TAipei 6 - 1. Three shutouts and no more than one run scored on them in the other two games and they scored 46 runs. Meagan Denny pitched a perfect game against Thailand and Desiree Wilson got a hit I think against the Netherlands. Both girls are coming to UT and I bet UT is smiling. This is great experience and training for these girls which should help them in college. You go Girls! :)

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Yeah!!! You rock, Phil!! :D

Old Cardinal
10-16-2003, 05:04 PM
That is great Phil C....My reconnisance info says that U. of Louisiana-Lafayette(ranked #8 in the nation at the close of the season) has had the best recruitment success. University of Texas had the second best recruitment in the Nation! That is usually not the case across the colleges of America. I was even amazed at how well McNeese State is recruiting from Texas to add to their normal Louisiana-heavy recruited team. When Crissa Williams, from Pasadena Dobie HS origionally, pitcher us to the Gold in the Olympics-USA Softball became popular overnight.

Phil C
10-17-2003, 09:49 AM
That is encouraging Old. Maybe we can break the Far South Western States (California and Arizona) Dynasty since they have won most of the NCAA softball championships.

ej2525
10-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Go Cajuins!!!!

http://www.ragincajuns.com/top.jpg