PDA

View Full Version : I'm really in the mood for Krispy Kreme

KTJ
06-22-2006, 11:38 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

SintonFan
06-22-2006, 11:41 PM
I heard Tim Duncan Donuts are really good but they cry foul for every little thing. :p
Wait that's not funny...

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-22-2006, 11:49 PM
duncan donuts pale in comparison to krispy kreme hands down. and i feel ya, i could go for some krispy kremes right now myself. too bad the only one out here in on maui...:(

big daddy russ
06-22-2006, 11:50 PM
There's nothing like a piping hot Krispy Kreme right off the conveyor belt. Dangit, now I want one.

Bulldog_12
06-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Yes, A fresh hot krispy kreme cannot be beat. If there is a dunkin donuts and no krispy kreme, I always get some of those munchkins they have. Those things are pretty good too,

injuredinmelee
06-23-2006, 12:03 AM
krispy kreme and duncan cannot hold a candle to ROUND ROCK DONUTS

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
krispy kreme and duncan cannot hold a candle to ROUND ROCK DONUTS if round rock donuts are so good...why arent they as well known as krispy kreme. you would think they know how to run a business and build a donut empire...or atleast be smart enough to hire someone who does...so, i have to disagree with you on sheer principle

eagles_victory
06-23-2006, 12:26 AM
yea krispy kremes are the best i love them i was talking about how i wanted one last night

KTJ
06-23-2006, 01:42 AM
I've never hard Round Rock Donuts, but I heard they are pretty good.

KK is just...the best.

pirate44
06-23-2006, 06:25 AM
i fell in love with Krispy Kreme about 6 years ago. so i understand why everyone loves em. but in the past couple years i have started to get burned out onthem. not much, just a little ;) but i would love to try Round Rock donuts. ive heard alot about them lately. here is there website. Round Rock Donuts (http://www.roundrockdonuts.com/) they will ship them overnight to you from their website. i might have to do that:)

District303aPastPlayer
06-23-2006, 08:43 AM
a friend and i would go get donuts at like 3am on nights we were bored, while we were in college. She wanted River City, i wanted Krispy Kreme... i never appreciated a Krispy Kreme fully till i had River City... good but i mean, really, who wants just good when you can have the gold standard

Ranger Mom
06-23-2006, 08:45 AM
I've never had one!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sad0064.gif

District303aPastPlayer
06-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I've never had one!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sad0064.gif

life is no where near complete til krispy kreme has been consumed.. - KONfewSHUSH

CHS_CG
06-23-2006, 09:22 AM
CALL ME CRAZY BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE A SHIPLEYS DONUT THAN A KK.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
krispy kreme and duncan cannot hold a candle to ROUND ROCK DONUTS

I have to agree. I've had all three, and nothing beats Round Rock Donuts.

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
There's nothing like a piping hot Krispy Kreme right off the conveyor belt. Dangit, now I want one.

I drove past a Krispy Kreme this morning and man I wanted to stop!!!

That being said, my favorite donut will always be a pink icing donut from Dunk'n Donuts. That was my favorite donut as a kid until they closed their store in Abilene...and every time we go up to New England to visit relatives I always buy as many of these as I can. It's just greatness...

pirate4state
06-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
CALL ME CRAZY BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE A SHIPLEYS DONUT THAN A KK. CRAZY!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Snyder_TigerFan
06-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
if round rock donuts are so good...why arent they as well known as krispy kreme. you would think they know how to run a business and build a donut empire...or atleast be smart enough to hire someone who does...so, i have to disagree with you on sheer principle

Maybe the owners don't want the headache of running a business like that. Maybe they just want to stay local. I'm sure they are happy with the money they are making now. JMO.

CHS_CG
06-23-2006, 09:29 AM
YEAH BUT YA STILL LUV ME:inlove: IM LIKE THE DAUGHTER YOU NEVER HAD...:D

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 09:49 AM
I dont know about those others much, but Krispy Kreme is the best I've ever had by far.
I'm glad we dont have one very close, or I'd weigh 500 lbs.

CHS_CG
06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
THE 2 PLACES WE CAN GET DONUTS IN CALDWELL ARENT VERY GOOD SO I DONT EAT THEM ALOT. AND SHIPLEYS IS ONLY OPEN TILL IKE 3 IN BRYAN.. (IF THAT) SO WHEN I AM PASSING THERE AND I GET A CHANCE I STOP!

Snyder_TigerFan
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont know about those others much, but Krispy Kreme is the best I've ever had by far.
I'm glad we dont have one very close, or I'd weigh 500 lbs.

Since you live in Austin now, you should try to make your way up to Round Rock and try their donuts. I don't think you'll regret it. Maybe a Saturday morning treat!

PurpleFreddy
06-23-2006, 10:07 AM
CALL ME CRAZY BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE A SHIPLEYS DONUT THAN A KK.

You are crazy, CHS_CG! Shipley's?? Are you kidding me?? Just a run of the mill doughnut.

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Since you live in Austin now, you should try to make your way up to Round Rock and try their donuts. I don't think you'll regret it. Maybe a Saturday morning treat!

We actually have a couple of projects just starting up at the new outlet mall going in on 35, just north of Round Rock, so I'll be having to go up that way every so often. So, how do I find this place? Is it close to 35? I dont know my way around well enough yet, to venture far off of 35.

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

and he'll likely pass the Krispy Kreme on the way and never make it to Round Rock! ;)

CHS_CG
06-23-2006, 10:09 AM
MAN YALL ARE MAKING ME HUNGRY! AND IM TRYIN TO GO ON A DIET :mad: :mad:

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and he'll likely pass the Krispy Kreme on the way and never make it to Round Rock! ;)

LOL, you might be right. Think I'll buy a KK on the way. That way, I can make a bit for bit comparison, file a 3adl report post, and put a rest to this bickering.:D

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. And, I'm the man for the job!

CHS_CG
06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
You are crazy, CHS_CG! Shipley's?? Are you kidding me?? Just a run of the mill doughnut.

WELL MAYBE I LIKE RUN OF THE MILL DONUTS

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
LOL, you might be right. Think I'll buy a KK on the way. That way, I can make a bit for bit comparison, file a 3adl report post, and put a rest to this bickering.:D

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. And, I'm the man for the job! And we're darn proud to have you Stang.:clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And we're darn proud to have you Stang.:clap: :clap:

Hop...I admire Stang :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
06-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
if round rock donuts are so good...why arent they as well known as krispy kreme. you would think they know how to run a business and build a donut empire...or atleast be smart enough to hire someone who does...so, i have to disagree with you on sheer principle

The donut that’s worth the drive.

Okay, Round Rock Bakery is just that, a bakery.
So what makes us so special? Quite honestly, we haven’t quite put our finger on that one yet. Maybe it’s the fresh, sweet aroma that wafts out to I-35 that pulls people off the highway. Maybe it’s the warm, melt-in-your-mouth feel you get with every bite. Or just maybe, it’s people wanting to taste a little bit of old time Texas. Because like barbecue and country music, our famous yellow (or are they orange?) donuts have been woven into the fabric of Central Texas for quite some time.

Since 1926!!!

CHS_CG
06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
OK IM REALLY HUNGRY NOW

pirate44
06-23-2006, 10:37 AM
OK IM REALLY HUNGRY NOW
me too. thank goodness the wife is taking me to eat mexican food for lunch

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 10:43 AM
The donut that’s worth the drive.

Okay, Round Rock Bakery is just that, a bakery.
So what makes us so special? Quite honestly, we haven’t quite put our finger on that one yet. Maybe it’s the fresh, sweet aroma that wafts out to I-35 that pulls people off the highway. Maybe it’s the warm, melt-in-your-mouth feel you get with every bite. Or just maybe, it’s people wanting to taste a little bit of old time Texas. Because like barbecue and country music, our famous yellow (or are they orange?) donuts have been woven into the fabric of Central Texas for quite some time.

Since 1926!!! adidas.....I admire injured.:thumbsup:

KTJ
06-23-2006, 10:57 AM
The thing about Shiply's is that is has to be right out of the oven for it to be good. Or so, that's my experience with it.

There aren't any Shiply's here in Austin. But there is one in Round Rock and one in Buda.

KTJ
06-23-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm determined to get KK tonight.

De-Termined.

LH Panther Mom
06-23-2006, 08:23 PM
YEAH BUT YA STILL LUV ME:inlove: IM LIKE THE DAUGHTER YOU NEVER HAD...:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/laughing1.gif