PDA

View Full Version : Rice=Choke Artists, and...so does Snyder football

SpreadtheRed
06-22-2006, 09:44 PM
**** ...Rice is in driverseat and they choke off the CWS

Edited by Slpybear

3afan
06-22-2006, 09:48 PM
they didnt choke - they lost to a hot OSU team ....

wildstangs
06-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Disclaimer...I dont know what this post originally said...but SpreadtheRed has never been one of Sweetwaters brightest posters.

SpreadtheRed
06-22-2006, 10:39 PM
yea I'm pretty sure Rice choked...they were #2 seed and only had to win one game.....and don't live in Sweetwater

Emerson1
06-22-2006, 11:05 PM
He must support Texas Tech, who choked in their bowl game.

and what word was just edited out, didn't notice anything earlier? Just post the first letter no the whole word

Tweeder215
06-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Just curious.......How did Tech choke in their bowl game?

pirate4state
06-22-2006, 11:24 PM
How many innings did they go w/o scoring a run? Something like 17??? :thinking: :doh:

KTJ
06-22-2006, 11:37 PM
deleted

big daddy russ
06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
How many T-shirts have you bought so far??? You wouldn't happen to be mexican would you???

they were probably black
How's it going, Hitler?

SpreadtheRed
06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
yeahhhhh...pretty sure I support LSU since thats where I go to college...wat a dumba$$

Emerson1
06-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Who said anything about LSU. Hurry and reply before you are banned.

injuredinmelee
06-23-2006, 12:10 AM
wow the iq level dropped in here awful fast tonight... what did I miss?

Cameron Crazy
06-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Seems like to me spreadthered is a spammer and rants on what he doesnt know!

SpreadtheRed
06-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Its pretty obvious Cameron Crazy...ALL I said was that Rice joked...how in the hell can that be misunderstood, I think I know that as well as everyone else. Emerson1 you said I support Texas Tech which I don't so your point is...

DU_stud04
06-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Its pretty obvious Cameron Crazy...ALL I said was that Rice joked...how in the hell can that be misunderstood, I think I know that as well as everyone else. Emerson1 you said I support Texas Tech which I don't so your point is...

you type like a 9 year old, are you sure you are from sweetwater? must be one of those that were kept in the closet.

District303aPastPlayer
06-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How many innings did they go w/o scoring a run? Something like 17??? :thinking: :doh:

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 07:13 AM
yeahhhhh...pretty sure I support LSU since thats where I go to college...wat a dumba$$ Is there a "LSU" in Lubbock?

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Is there a "LSU" in Lubbock?

Not that I know of, but theres an "LCU".

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 08:27 AM
O.K. Who let Sweetwater's one lost child out from under the
stairs. Somebody is in hot water. :mad: .

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Disclaimer...I dont know what this post originally said...but SpreadtheRed has never been one of Sweetwaters brightest posters. I couldn't agree more wildstangs.

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
O.K. Who let Sweetwater's one lost child out from under the
stairs. Somebody is in hot water. :mad: .

I'm just glad that ours were tossed back under the rug a few years ago. Now if they could just do something about Blackie! ;)

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm just glad that ours were tossed back under the rug a few years ago. Now if they could just do something about Blackie! ;)

Come on adidas, blackie and spreadthered are nothing alike. Blackie does have a little bit of an IQ.

Cameron Crazy
06-23-2006, 09:42 AM
lol!:clap:

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm just glad that ours were tossed back under the rug a few years ago. Now if they could just do something about Blackie! ;) adidas, big difference between being a "pot stirrer" and being "STUPID".:thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Come on adidas, blackie and spreadthered are nothing alike. Blackie does have a little bit of an IQ.

yeah, and add their IQ's together and you get about 15 or 20.

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
SCORE

Blackie = 15 or 20
SpreadtheRed = 0

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 09:52 AM
SCORE

Blackie = 15 or 20
SpreadtheRed = 0 ROFL

Phil C
06-23-2006, 11:01 AM
It reminds me of the time in the early sixties when the New York Giants lost three NFL championship games against Green Bay (2) and once against Chicago (Super Bowl wasn't invented yet). The NY Giant Quarterback was Y.A. Tittle and the word got out that he couldn't win the big one (still goes around even today). But he had a great line about it though when he replied, "There are a lot of people saying I can't win the big one but nearly all of those are watching at the game or on television while I am playing in them."

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 11:05 AM

I know that...that's why I put the ;) next to my comment!

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It reminds me of the time in the early sixties when the New York Giants lost three NFL championship games against Green Bay (2) and once against Chicago (Super Bowl wasn't invented yet). The NY Giant Quarterback was Y.A. Tittle and the word got out that he couldn't win the big one (still goes around even today). But he had a great line about it though when he replied, "There are a lot of people saying I can't win the big one but nearly all of those are watching at the game or on television while I am playing in them."

Phil C...the 3ADL Man's Man!!! :thumbsup:

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 11:13 AM
SCORE

Blackie = 15 or 20
SpreadtheRed = 0

C'mon now. At least give Spread his due. At last count, did'nt he have 3 votes. That should at least = 3 iq points should'nt it?
Blackie = 17 +/- 2.5
SpreadtheRed = 3
Sounds about right to me.

P.S. Reverse those numbers when predicting the outcome of the next Sweetwater/Snyder football game. When/If ever that may be. :D

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
C'mon now. At least give Spread his due. At last count, did'nt he have 3 votes. That should at least = 3 iq points should'nt it?
Blackie = 17 +/- 2.5
SpreadtheRed = 3
Sounds about right to me.

P.S. Reverse those numbers when predicting the outcome of the next Sweetwater/Snyder football game. When/If ever that may be. :D

:thumbsup: on first part

P.S. Part: 17 - 3 :thinking: I figure you would of had a bigger spread.

When/If ever: Region 1 Final on grass!

44INAROW
06-23-2006, 11:27 AM
I hope I don't get ROMMED for this :D

I have been reading SpreadtheRed's past posts.. He seems to be obsessed with certain words.. HHMM might explain some things..

He uses the following words in the majority of his posts:
BLOW-out, SUX, CHOKE.(see a pattern here). He sure seems to be obsessed with Snyder.

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I have been reading SpreadtheRed's past posts.. He seems to be obsessed with certain words.. HHMM might explain some things..

BLOW-out, SUX, CHOKE.(see a pattern here). He sure seems to be obsessed with Snyder. You go 44!!!!

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 11:31 AM
:thumbsup: on first part

P.S. Part: 17 - 3 :thinking: I figure you would of had a bigger spread.

When/If ever: Region 1 Final on grass!

Spread doesnt matter. Heck I'll take a last second 1 point win by a missed extra point, if I can get it. ;)

Grass is no problem, as long as it's not on that sorry excuse for a football field they have at Big Spring. Besides, we seem to play better on the real grass at Tiger Stadium. Let's just play there. :D :D :D

Now you know everybody is going to say we just hijacked this thread into another Sweetwater/Snyder thread, dont you?
Well, I guess we did.

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Spread doesnt matter. Heck I'll take a last second 1 point win by a missed extra point, if I can get it. ;)

Grass is no problem, as long as it's not on that sorry excuse for a football field they have at Big Spring. Besides, we seem to play better on the real grass at Tiger Stadium. Let's just play there. :D :D :D

Now you know everybody is going to say we just hijacked this thread into another Sweetwater/Snyder thread, dont you?
Well, I guess we did. Oh well, what else is new.:thumbsup:

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 11:35 AM

Well, I guess we did. But Red it does have Snyder football in the title.

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
But Red it does have Snyder football in the title.

True! No hijacking here. Just took in another direction you might say.

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Lets not drift in another direction. We could say all kinds of things that is true on both sides, but that is not what was intended, its about some :nerd: called spreadthered.

CHS_CG
06-23-2006, 12:12 PM

BLOW-out, SUX, CHOKE.(see a pattern here). He sure seems to be obsessed with Snyder.

ROFLMAO:clap:

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 01:43 PM
What the boy has is called Psudosexual Snyder Envy.

PS. Being able to stir the pot or to get under peoples skins is an art perfected by years of practice. You have to know just where to hit them. with Wylie folks Just mention enrolment or them being 0-2 the last two outings vs Snyder, Sweetwater Just mention default on Field turf or TAKS scores.. that will do it.

pero chato
06-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

PS. Being able to stir the pot or to get under peoples skins is an art perfected by years of practice. You have to know just where to hit them. with Wylie folks Just mention enrolment or them being 0-2 the last two outings vs Snyder, Sweetwater Just mention default on Field turf or TAKS scores.. that will do it.

It's a known FACT that Snyder RECRUITS!

j/k!!!!

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 02:01 PM

And with Snyder, just mention that 1st round exit handed to them by Monahans last season.

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black_Magic
only in athletics;) and only if your good.. gota limit it some ya know;)

Phil C
06-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
It's a known FACT that Snyder RECRUITS!

j/k!!!!

Are you sure you don't mean Gilmer? :)

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:09 PM
As long as Sweetwater continues to beat Snyder 3 out of every
4 times they play...you getting under our skin isn't all that bad.

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Is Snyder 2 and 2 vs swater in the last 4 meetings. And I do believe Snyder is Undefeated vs sweetwater in the playoffs;) not quite the 3 out of 4 you mentioned but hey! its ok we all overlook or are in denial about something in our life

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:21 PM
You either say there is no history between us or you use all
the history. Not, just the last few years. Bottomline, Sweetwater
has won 75% of it's games against Snyder, all-time.

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Snyder gets excited about playing in December

Sweetwater and Wylie expect to be playing in December

end of story! :thumbsup:

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 02:25 PM
You either say there is no history between us or you use all
the history. Not, just the last few years. Bottomline, Sweetwater
has won 75% of it's games against Snyder, all-time. Doubt your 75% number but anyway. If you really think what sweetwater or Snyder did 50 years ago in football has ANY impact or relivance to them today then your not as smart as i thought you were. :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Doubt your 75% number but anyway. If you really think what sweetwater or Snyder did 50 years ago in football has ANY impact or relivance to them today then your not as smart as i thought you were. :rolleyes:

If you think what happened 2 or 3 years ago has ANY impact or relevance to them today then you're not as smart as I thought you were. :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Snyder gets excited about playing in December

Sweetwater and Wylie expect to be playing in December

end of story! :thumbsup: Snyder Gets realy excited to play Wylie!:p Its a challenge for the coaches and players. Just gota get more miles per player and you can beat any 4A school.;)

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
The best football is December football!
And only the best are playing football in December!
Snyder's usually a few weeks into basketball by then. You would have thought their basketball team would have been much better, would'nt you? :devil:

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Snyder Gets realy excited to play Wylie!:p Its a challenge for the coaches and players. Just gota get more miles per player and you can beat any 4A school.;)

Let me know when Wylie goes 4A ok??? :thumbsup:

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 02:29 PM
If you think what happened 2 or 3 years ago has ANY impact or relevance to them today then you're not as smart as I thought you were. :rolleyes: Whats more Relivant then. the last 4-5 years or looking at records in the 1930s??:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Whats more Relivant then. the last 4-5 years or looking at records in the 1930s??:rolleyes:

In terms of it's impact on the next swetwater/snyder matchup...neither.

Tiger Baseball
"Crap" It Has Been Hijacked.

Black_Magic
Let me know when Wylie goes 4A ok??? :thumbsup: oh ! sorry I thought they were already.. dang flu epidemic in october:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:31 PM
oh ! sorry I thought they were already.. dang flu epidemic in october:rolleyes:

that must explain how we lost to Snyder then. Our players were sick and unable to perform at their best. It's ok...we have it together come playoff time! Yall should look into that! ;)

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 02:32 PM

That just means all is back right with world again. Enjoy it!

pero chato
06-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Snyder Gets realy excited to play Wylie!:p Its a challenge for the coaches and players. Just gota get more miles per player and you can beat any 4A school.;)

I have to agree with you here except it applies to Wylie beating Snyder when Snyder was 4A.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:33 PM

As was mentioned earlier...the thread title ends with so does
Snyder football. No hi-jacking here.

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:34 PM
I have to agree with you here except it applies to Wylie beating Snyder when Snyder was 4A.

What is scary is look what I wrote here...

My 2nd Post on the Board!!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13208)

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 02:36 PM
that must explain how we lost to Snyder then. Our players were sick and unable to perform at their best. It's ok...we have it together come playoff time! Yall should look into that! ;) IF only the hot head had gotten sick too! Dang! no matter, he got put out in the 4th anyway. Snyder has been in plenty of playoff games in the last 3 seasons ( 9 playoff games). I believe more are coming but we will see:D

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 02:36 PM

Sweetwater was in that 4A class also with Wylie on top

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:37 PM
What were you thinking? Snyder wasn't any good in 4-A either.
I never lost to Snyder, Ever ...7th-12th grade. 8-0(played twice my
7th and 8th grade years)

pero chato
06-23-2006, 02:38 PM
What is scary is look what I wrote here...

My 2nd Post on the Board!!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13208)

Not only were they 4A, if my memory serves me correctly they were ranked later that year in the top 15, or maybe the year before.

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:39 PM
IF only the hot head had gotten sick too! Dang! no matter, he got put out in the 4th anyway. Snyder has been in plenty of playoff games in the last 3 seasons ( 9 playoff games). I believe more are coming but we will see:D

Wylie has been in 12, having advanced to at least the Regional Finals each of the past 3 years....and remember we have one fewer game within our region since we go Division 1.

hickup...Monahans...first round...aheh...sorry I'm choking! ;)

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:40 PM
What were you thinking? Snyder wasn't any good in 4-A either.
I never lost to Snyder, Ever ...7th-12th grade. 8-0(played twice my
7th and 8th grade years)

I was young and didn't know any better!

pero chato
06-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Sweetwater was in that 4A class also with Wylie on top

I don't quite follow you, but I don't believe Wylie played Sweetwater when they were 4A. I watched a scrimmage once when Sweetwater was 4A and Willie Amos pretty much ran and scored at will against Wylie.

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Not only were they 4A, if my memory serves me correctly they were ranked later that year in the top 15, or maybe the year before. memory may serve you right in that they were 4A with an enrollment less than wylie in 2 of those years. I remember one of those years Snyder had an enrolment of 760 and Wylie having a little over 800... Snyder was 4A, Wylie was 3A.

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:43 PM
memory may serve you right in that they were 4A with an enrollment less than wylie in 2 of those years. I remember one of those years Snyder had an enrolment of 760 and Wylie having a little over 800... Snyder was 4A, Wylie was 3A.

umm...that wouldn't work. Wylie was at 778 after the 98 allignment (2 under the 4A line of 780) and 798 after the 2000 alignment (52 under the 4A line of 850)

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:44 PM
When I was in school we were beating Abilene high, Wylie, and
Big Spring. 2 5-A's and 1 3-A. The scores against Wylie were
closer than the scores against Abilene or Big Spring.

These were our non-district games.

Black_Magic
Wylie has been in 12, having advanced to at least the Regional Finals each of the past 3 years....and remember we have one fewer game within our region since we go Division 1.

hickup...Monahans...first round...aheh...sorry I'm choking! ;) IF you could have only had the honor of playing Gilmer in 04....;) Now there would have been a big hickup. with exception to Gainsville DI in Region I is wattered down with the best teams being in DII

STANG RED
I don't quite follow you, but I don't believe Wylie played Sweetwater when they were 4A. I watched a scrimmage once when Sweetwater was 4A and Willie Amos pretty much ran and scored at will against Wylie.

Sweetwater played Wylie several times back in the 80s, but didnt play again (except for scrimmages) until Sweetwater dropped to 3a in the late 90s.

pero chato
06-23-2006, 02:45 PM
memory may serve you right in that they were 4A with an enrollment less than wylie in 2 of those years. I remember one of those years Snyder had an enrolment of 760 and Wylie having a little over 800... Snyder was 4A, Wylie was 3A.

OK no argument from me on that. What about the enrollment numbers since 1991 or 2 when the two schools started competing?

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 02:45 PM
When I was in school we were beating Abilene high, Wylie, and
Big Spring. 2 5-A's and 1 3-A. The scores against Wylie were
closer than the scores against Abilene or Big Spring.

These were our non-district games. what years was that?

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
IF you could have only had the honor of playing Gilmer in 04....;) Now there would have been a big hickup. with exception to Gainsville DI in Region I is wattered down with the best teams being in DII

I believe you forget about Canyon my friend. They are a very good program. And who did we beat in the Region 1 Finals in 2003??? I can't remember who it was...:thinking:

pirate4state

:clap:

You've been http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/banned.gif

;)

pero chato
Sweetwater played Wylie several times back in the 80s, but didnt play again (except for scrimmages) until Sweetwater dropped to 3a in the late 90s.

Thanks. My history with Wylie starts about 1989. I'm sure those games in the 80's weren't pretty for Wylie!

Black_Magic
nope, I didnt.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:47 PM
In football years would be '85-'88. Class of '89

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks. My history with Wylie starts about 1989. I'm sure those games in the 80's weren't pretty for Wylie!

from the stories I've heard...it didn't get pretty until Sandifer's 3rd or 4th year. They made the playoffs before then...but it was as much luck as anything.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:53 PM
from the stories I've heard...it didn't get pretty until Sandifer's 3rd or 4th year. They made the playoffs before then...but it was as much luck as anything.

Hey are ya'll trying to make this an "it's all about Wylie" thread.
:D :D :D

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 02:54 PM

no...just a quick aside from our riveting conversation!

pero chato
06-23-2006, 02:55 PM

NEVER! I was referring to the 80's games against Sweetwater. Would you happen to have any scores?

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:55 PM
no...just a quick aside from our riveting conversation!

It's O.K. looks like BM bailed anyway.

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
WHO CARES!

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 02:59 PM
WHO CARES!

Look here Mr. 58 posts. Black Magic is a legend in his own mind
on this board. He gets hammered cause of years of dishing it
out. Don't get caught up in his battles. It will end up scarring you.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-23-2006, 02:59 PM
WHO CARES!

Hey, I was entertained for a little while.:)

44INAROW
06-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap:

You've been http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/banned.gif

;)

You are finding the funniest "smiley's" today :D I sure wish SOMEONE in administration would add them to the list of smileys for those of us that are "smiley challenged" :)

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Look here Mr. 58 posts. Black Magic is a legend in his own mind
on this board. He gets hammered cause of years of dishing it
out. Don't get caught up in his battles. It will end up scarring you.

Oh well mr 600 excuse me! By the way was greendwood the only pictures you could find.

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh well mr 600 excuse me! By the way was greendwood the only pictures you could find.

Well it was better than the pictures of Wylie beating Sweetwater that are also on the ARN site! ;)

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:08 PM

Yes, I didn't search long though. My reference to your # of posts
was meant to be compared to BM total # of posts. I think every
one of his begin with our end with either "I hate Sweetwater"
or "I hate Wylie". That was my point.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Well it was better than the pictures of Wylie beating Sweetwater that are also on the ARN site! ;)

To be honest I figured that would be all ARN had for Sweetwater.
My sig is a work in progress. It won't be the same a week from
now probably.

bhtrainer
06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
i dont think rice choked OSU was on a powertrip... they won like their first college world series game and they showed up to play ball...

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Where did BM go? Was it time to flip the burgers or take a drive
thru order?:D

Snyder_TigerFan
06-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
i dont think rice choked OSU was on a powertrip... they won like their first college world series game and they showed up to play ball...

Wrong thread buddy!;)

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by bhtrainer

:thumbsup: very true bh

pero chato
06-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Where did BM go? Was it time to flip the burgers or take a drive
thru order?:D

You have no mercy! As a wise man once said "show some compassion!"

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 03:21 PM
You have no mercy! As a wise man once said "show some compassion!"
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

p.s. - I'm not that wise man!

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Wrong thread buddy!;)

Your wrong Fan the thread title started rice = choke artists, by some :nerd: called spreadthered

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Your wrong Fan the thread title started rice = choke artists, by some :nerd: called spreadthered

uh oh...we have fighting amongst the Snyder faithful. This is the best kind!!! :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 03:27 PM
You have no mercy! As a wise man once said "show some compassion!" Its ok . I would have an intelectual battle with the boy but I dont fight unarmed men. He thinks I work the day shift at the same burger joint he works the night shift at.

Snyder_TigerFan

I was being sarcastic!

uh oh...we have fighting amongst the Snyder faithful. This is the best kind!!! :rolleyes:

That only happens to Sweetwater!

STANG RED

I faintly remember one of them actually being very close, and I think Wylie was even leading at 1/2. But the rest were pretty ugly, as best as I can remember. But Sweetwater was a 4A powerhouse in those days, and beat alot of 4A and 5A schools even worse. But all good things eventually come to an end. It got pretty ugly for us in the late 90s, before we made the drop to 3A.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:28 PM

He was kidding. See the winking emoticon?

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 03:31 PM
I faintly remember one of them actually being very close, and I think Wylie was even leading at 1/2. But the rest were pretty ugly, as best as I can remember. But Sweetwater was a 4A powerhouse in those days, and beat alot of 4A and 5A schools even worse. But all good things eventually come to an end. It got pretty ugly for us in the late 90s, before we made the drop to 3A.

Yeah...the drop to 3A couldn't come soon enough for Sweetwater. And oddly enough their talent level spiked at the same time...how convenient! ;)

pirate4state
06-23-2006, 03:32 PM
How does this happen?? A Rice thread turned into Sweetwater/Snyder thrash fest. :confused: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Damn!!! Where is reggie and Dahop72. We could turn this into
a free for all.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:33 PM
And Awylie112 i think?

Ranger Mom
06-23-2006, 03:34 PM

You have a problem with Greenwood???:doh:

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Uh oh...see what did I tell ya kid? Now you have gone and done
it.:doh:

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 03:39 PM
I guess it didn't matter that Rice got their a$$ stomped in two games. This is apparentley more entertaining!

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah...the drop to 3A couldn't come soon enough for Sweetwater. And oddly enough their talent level spiked at the same time...how convenient! ;)

It really spiked in the mid to late 80s and early 90s, but yeah, we've been lucky enough to have some good talent the last few years as well. I'm a little concerned about 2007 and on though. We may be looking at a down year or two after 06. I could be wrong though. I really havent kept up too much with the Jr. High boys. Maybe some of them will step up big. Sometimes its amazing to see that transformation some go through from 13 or 14 to 17.

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

No mom I don't. I just asked if he had any other pictures.

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Stang doesn't this years freshman class have some studs in it.

Black_Magic
06-23-2006, 03:46 PM
a free for all. well I think I saw one of them ( you could guess who ) trying to hump the brass tiger in front of Tiger Stadium. That tiger is a male by the way. It didnt matter to him, Reminded me of Austin Powers midget humping the Laser.:p

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:46 PM

Yep, Kenneth Norman Jr. and my nephew (starting CB) to name a
few.

Ranger Mom
06-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Reminded me of Austin Powers midget humping the Laser.:p

ROFL!!!!:D

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 03:51 PM

Yeah, a few I think, but I know it's a very small class # wise, so I dont think there are many. Seems like the 8th grade class was pretty big though.
We're just going to be so loaded with seniors next year, I'm not sure how much playing time any of the underclassmen are going to get. Especially at the skill positions.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2006, 03:54 PM
well I think I saw one of them ( you could guess who ) trying to hump the brass tiger in front of Tiger Stadium. That tiger is a male by the way. It didnt matter to him, Reminded me of Austin Powers midget humping the Laser.:p

Damn you BM!!!:mad:

You got a laugh outta me. But, this doesn't change anything.

Ding! Ding! Ding! BM it's the drive thru again better go answer it.

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 03:54 PM
a free for all.

Reg is putting in some long days out at the wind farm this summer. Probably wont see much of him till August.

Tiger Baseball
06-23-2006, 03:57 PM
well I think I saw one of them ( you could guess who ) trying to hump the brass tiger in front of Tiger Stadium. That tiger is a male by the way. It didnt matter to him, Reminded me of Austin Powers midget humping the Laser.:p

ROFL!!!!!!!

DaHop72
06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
a free for all. Dang it, come in a little early on a Friday and miss all the fun.:evil: :evil: