PDA

View Full Version : My Name is Earl

BU97
06-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Does anyone watch this and would like to briefly give me the storyline? A buddy of mine says this show is halarious and I am watching for the first time, I know there is some storyline about his mom and something else. Anyone want to help me out?

Ranger Mom
06-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Never heard of it!

injuredinmelee
06-22-2006, 07:44 PM
is it some weird o guy that has won the lottery and doesnt want anyone else to find out? For some reason that seems like the case. I havent gotten to watch it yet though.

Txbroadcaster
06-22-2006, 07:46 PM
ok here is the story

Earl is a loser who robs, steals,cons and does whatever it takes to get money.

One day he wins ALOT of money off a scratch off( can't remember exact amount). Well as he is celebrating he runs out into road and gets hit by a car and loses the ticket.

While in hospital his wife( who has two kids, niether his own, even though one was born while they were married) divorces him.

He decides at that moment he needs to turn around his life becaise he watched Carson Daly on TV talk about good/Bad KArma

Well his brother finds the tivket, and Earl creates a list of all his wrongs, and tries to fix each of them.

The show is friggin funny.

Jamie Pressley as his Ex-wife might be the best white trash woman ever on TV.

pirate44
06-22-2006, 07:50 PM
the story line is this.
Earl’s life has been full of poor choices and mistakes, but after winning a small lottery jackpot he has an epiphany and vows to change his ways. Upon discovering that he is the holder of a winning ticket, Earl is hit by a car and the ticket blows out of his limp hand as he lies unconscious in the street. While recovering in the hospital and watching television, Earl has a karmic epiphany, thanks to Carson Daly, who attributes his success to doing good for others. A light bulb goes off in Earl’s dim head and he sets out to right every wrong he has done .

Txbroadcaster
06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
uhh yea..i already said that ;)

pirate44
06-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh yea..i already said that ;)
yeah..hehe. sorry bout that

ILS1
06-22-2006, 08:08 PM
I love this show!!! Freakin' hilarious!!! Plus,two of the hottest women on TV, Jamie Pressly (Earl's ex-wife) and Nadine Velasquez as a female friend.

:D

BU97
06-22-2006, 08:15 PM
What is the deal with the black guy?

Buccaneer
06-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Crab Man

BU97
06-22-2006, 09:09 PM
And he is with Earls ex wife, but did Earl know him before?

pirate44
06-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BU97
And he is with Earls ex wife, but did Earl know him before?
yeah, they knew each other. crabman is the dad of earl's ex-wife's kids...before they were divorced

BU97
06-22-2006, 09:27 PM
OK I knew there was some connection that was off the wall. I watched 2 episodes tonight and laughed pretty hard during the 2nd episode, first episode was hard to follow but still funny.

Already set the DVR to start recording it weekly:)

Txbroadcaster
06-23-2006, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
yeah, they knew each other. crabman is the dad of earl's ex-wife's kids...before they were divorced

Only one of the kids...The other one She was pregnant before she met, Earl, got him drunk and married him so she would not be a single mom.....What's up Crab Man

pirate44
06-23-2006, 06:14 AM
Only one of the kids...The other one She was pregnant before she met, Earl, got him drunk and married him so she would not be a single mom.....What's up Crab Man
oh yeah, i remember now. they had an episode not long ago that explained how everybody met and how all the storielines started.

crabman
06-23-2006, 01:42 PM

Oh, not much. I had the name before the series came out. I thought it was hilarious the first episode when they called him Crabman. He works at the crabshack.

44INAROW
06-23-2006, 02:01 PM
What's up Crab Man

and not to be confused with our own beloved Crabman :) :D

the show is hysterical..............

*** I posted this before I read CRABMAN's reply** oops

Buccaneer
06-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Crabman is in the Witness Relocation program. The actor that plays him is also the "Rubberband Man" from the commercials.

pirate4state
06-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Jason Lee is da man!! :thumbsup:

"that kid is still on the escalator!" - Mallrats

CHS_Grad '85
06-23-2006, 04:29 PM
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/slideshow/59961/0.jpg

This stuff is too funny... we DVRed both seasons and have them on disk... when I show it to someone who's not familiar with the show - they are hooked...

Cameron Crazy
06-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah that show is really funny!

injuredinmelee
06-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I LOVE Jamie Presley. I think she needs to be the next Mrs. Injured.