PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we've been going about this all wrong...

District303aPastPlayer
06-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Who says Gilmer, because of new players, will be able to coexist... what if some players don't like it.. .and they are some of the vocal leaders of the team? and they fall flat on their face...

(no offense to any of the gilmer folks, just posing a scenario)

lostaussie
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
did you hear Larry Brown got fired today by the knicks. hell, i even heard the hired Isiah thomas to replace him:D

Ranger Mom
06-22-2006, 07:31 PM
I think that is a very realistic scenario! I have seen it happen before.

When teammates don't get along, or some teammates feel slighted for some reason, it can change the entire dynamic of the team!

injuredinmelee
06-22-2006, 07:45 PM
they have so much talent it will be had for anyone in 3a to be competetive with them no matter what happens internally.

District303aPastPlayer
06-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
they have so much talent it will be had for anyone in 3a to be competetive with them no matter what happens internally.

two words... Gobble Gobble.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
did you hear Larry Brown got fired today by the knicks. hell, i even heard the hired Isiah thomas to replace him:D

LOL. For the record, I was the first to post the story. I checked that it hadn't been posted before I did it.:D

lostaussie
06-22-2006, 08:05 PM
did you hear Larry Brown got fired today by the knicks. hell, i even heard the hired Isiah thomas to replace him:D matter of fact i heard that earlier today from snyder_tigerfan

DaHop72
06-22-2006, 09:38 PM
did you hear Larry Brown got fired today by the knicks. hell, i even heard the hired Isiah thomas to replace him:D You know, I heard that too aussie.:devil: :devil:

eagles_victory
06-22-2006, 11:16 PM
why are we posting all the possible way Gilmer could fall on there faces. No disrespect to anyone but if i posted this same exact thread and put Cuero instead of Gilmer I would get jumped by 15 people in an hour and I have always liked Gilmer so i got there back

gobblerfan02
06-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
if i posted this same exact thread and put Cuero instead of Gilmer I would get jumped by 15 people in an hour

I don't know about all that....but most of us wouldn't "jump" you....we might disagree...but like someone stated, it could happen to any team...hope our guys don't get too cocky again this season!

injuredinmelee
06-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I don't know about all that....but most of us wouldn't "jump" you....we might disagree...but like someone stated, it could happen to any team...hope our guys don't get too cocky again this season!
was it cockiness or jsut got beat by better teams the last two years?

big daddy russ
06-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
was it cockiness or jsut got beat by better teams the last two years?
Was Hutto a better team? Not disrespecting Hutto at all, just curious. I never saw them, but I did see Cuero and I couldn't imagine anyone that could hang with those boys.

Anyone out there see both teams more than once?

eagles_victory
06-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Was Hutto a better team? Not disrespecting Hutto at all, just curious. I never saw them, but I did see Cuero and I couldn't imagine anyone that could hang with those boys.

Anyone out there see both teams more than once? They were the better team on December 10 2005 and thats all that matters

big daddy russ
06-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They were the better team on December 10 2005 and thats all that matters
And you know, I hear that all the time. But that wasn't the question.

For anyone wondering about the question, I'll make it simple:

If Cuero and Hutto played 10 times, how many times would either/or win? 5-5? 6-4? 9-1? 10-0?

Like I said in the first post, no disrespect for Hutto. I just want a legit answer. I've never seen the Hippos once in my life. They may have been as talented as Cuero, or they may have just been one of those teams that learned to work as a team and made each other better. I want to know which it was.

eagles_victory
06-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
And you know, I hear that all the time. But that wasn't the question.

For anyone wondering about the question, I'll make it simple:

If Cuero and Hutto played 10 times, how many times would either/or win? 5-5? 6-4? 9-1? 10-0?

Like I said in the first post, no disrespect for Hutto. I just want a legit answer. I've never seen the Hippos once in my life. They may have been as talented as Cuero, or they may have just been one of those teams that learned to work as a team and made each other better. I want to know which it was. I saw Hutto played once and Cuero none I thought Hutto was good but i think they played together and made each other better. Cuero i think had to have more talent from what I heard from all around the state but Hutto could run it at will with there backs and linemen

Highschoolfan78
06-23-2006, 12:53 AM
ooooooo i love math problems... this would be a probability question my mom once taught me this.. hmmmm Hutto vs. Cuero ten times... let me write down the 10... the same refs show up...same intense crowds, same ugly orange UT impersonation jerseys... then there could be many different outcomes.. the math hurts my head... what matters is 2006 is a new year and hutto, canton, tatum, wimberley are all equal to any other team in 3a with the record of 0-0 right now.. IDK this post really doesnt make all that much sense now that i think about it.. Maybe i should just go to sleep

STANG RED
06-23-2006, 08:00 AM
You can be loaded with talent every year, and still fall flat on your face, if you dont have the coaching that can handle it. Just look at Lubbock Estacado the last few years. Abilene High is loaded with tons of talent every year, but look at all those lean years they had. I'm sure most of us could make a long list of teams that should be alot better than they are, with the talent level they have. That being said, I believe Gilmer is the real deal, and has the coaching to go along with all that talent. But you never really know how it's going to all play out. All it takes is one bad apple to rot the whole barrel, but thats where good coaching comes in. Good coaches know alot more than just the Xs & Os. They almost have to become a second father to these boys, to keep their heads screwed on streight. If Gilmer is as successful as many of us think they will be, it will be every bit as much due to good coaching, as it will be due to talent level.

hutex04
06-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Hutto was a great team playing as a "team". They may have not had better talent than Cuero, but Hutto played better as a unit that night. To say it was a fluke is just crazy. Hutto by far had the hardest schedule to make it to the championship game
teams Hutto beat
Giddings 10-3
Rice cons 8-3
Marlin 9-2
Bridge City 10-2
Cameron Yoe 13-1
Cuero 13-1
Lost to Tatum 34-38 which went 15-0

eagles_victory
06-24-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
Hutto was a great team playing as a "team". They may have not had better talent than Cuero, but Hutto played better as a unit that night. To say it was a fluke is just crazy. Hutto by far had the hardest schedule to make it to the championship game
teams Hutto beat
Giddings 10-3
Rice cons 8-3
Marlin 9-2
Bridge City 10-2
Cameron Yoe 13-1
Cuero 13-1
Lost to Tatum 34-38 which went 15-0 The Hippos did have some luck Marlin Bridge City and Cameron all had qb injuries for the Hutto games

District303aPastPlayer
06-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
teams Hutto beat
Giddings 10-3
Rice cons 8-3
Marlin 9-2
Bridge City 10-2
Cameron Yoe 13-1
Cuero 13-1
Lost to Tatum 34-38 which went 15-0

the simple fact is this... cueros talent last year was as good as most teams "All Time HS teams." I saw them play 4 times... and really, the Hutto team was the only team that truly got a groove goin and figured out something about Cuero. If they played 10 times, i'd say 7-3 to Cuero. They did something that Liberty Hill didn't do.. Run the ball effectively. Now dont get me wrong, liberty hill gave cuero all they could handle... but Hutto had some good breaks with guys being out of place at the right time.

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm sure most of us could make a long list of teams that should be alot better than they are, with the talent level they have.
Good point! And I think the opposite can be said as well - there are teams that would not do as well without the coaching staff they have. IMO, the combination is what makes the TEAM.