PDA

View Full Version : In UIL History....

Bullaholic
06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Has any school ever been citied by the UIL for outright recruiting? I know transfers deemed to be for "athletic purposes" has been disallowed, but I wonder if anyone has been actually penalized for outright recruiting.

Phantom Stang
06-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Don't know.:thinking: :thinking:

Pmoney
06-22-2006, 04:29 PM
thats a good question

Adidas410s
06-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Breckenridge very well may have been "back in the day" (see 1950's)

injuredinmelee
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
wasnt Stamford back in like 69 - 70.

Gobbla2001
06-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Sure as hell isn't gunna happen soon...

Since when did an athletic department request transfer papers? Isn't that up to the parents/guardians of the student transferring?

big daddy russ
06-22-2006, 05:38 PM
I don't think they ever got busted, but I've heard (JUST HEARSAY... DON'T TAKE IT AND RUN WITH IT!!!) that Refugio used to find jobs for single moms, struggling dads, etc. with kids who could run over a brick wall back in the 70's. From what the stories say, the dearth of talent in that podunk town nowadays are the kids of those players.

District303aPastPlayer
06-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't think they ever got busted, but I've heard (JUST HEARSAY... DON'T TAKE IT AND RUN WITH IT!!!) that Refugio used to find jobs for single moms, struggling dads, etc. with kids who could run over a brick wall back in the 70's. From what the stories say, the dearth of talent in that podunk town nowadays are the kids of those players.

i know of a 4A school in the area who had a kid who was a RB stud. Turns out his dad starts working for said ISD, the same year said kid starts HS. They also had some other sport talent come as well...

big daddy russ
06-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i know of a 4A school in the area who had a kid who was a RB stud. Turns out his dad starts working for said ISD, the same year said kid starts HS. They also had some other sport talent come as well...
I think I know exactly who you're talking about. That kid wouldn't happen to be playing Big XII ball now, would he?

District303aPastPlayer
06-22-2006, 06:04 PM
I think I know exactly who you're talking about. That kid wouldn't happen to be playing Big XII ball now, would he?

which kid are you talking about... because i know one of them is a baseballer, one is a footballer

injuredinmelee
06-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Stamford had a kid live in that town that was a stud and hi parents moved but he stayed there and lived at the Fire House.

big daddy russ
06-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
which kid are you talking about... because i know one of them is a baseballer, one is a footballer
Actually, one plays both at A&M... but his move was kosher.

lostaussie
06-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Sure as hell isn't gunna happen soon...

Since when did an athletic department request transfer papers? Isn't that up to the parents/guardians of the student transferring? there ya go. answered everybodys question. the parents request the transfer, and the school either says yes or no and evidently answers the question was it for athletic purposes. then said child moves with parent to wherever. unfortunately, they all seem to be moving to where i live. please make it stop:doh:

injuredinmelee
06-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
there ya go. answered everybodys question. the parents request the transfer, and the school either says yes or no and evidently answers the question was it for athletic purposes. then said child moves with parent to wherever. unfortunately, they all seem to be moving to where i live. please make it stop:doh:
The Kinne move was because he knew yall were already loaded and he would win a ring. The Canton reciever is simply wanting to play with his battery mate from last fall.

Tiger Baseball
06-22-2006, 07:20 PM
what about the mojo from the 70's and 80's. all of the big oil companies transfering dads in that had great atheletic kids.

Maroon87
06-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Actually, one plays both at A&M... but his move was kosher.

I bet I know who ya'll are talking about...:thinking: ;)

gtownpoke
06-22-2006, 11:15 PM
I heard from people in Daingerfield that Daingerfield used to get jobs for the parents of great athletes at that Lone Star plant right outside town. They said it happened for a ton of years and were lucky to never get busted.