PDA

View Full Version : your very first post

pirate44
06-21-2006, 09:37 PM
most everybody remembers their first love, first kiss, first car, etc.

but how about your first post? was it memorable? do a search under your profile and find your very first post

here's mine"

lostaussie
06-21-2006, 09:39 PM
i don't remember it, but somebody probably ticked me off enough to sign up:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-21-2006, 09:42 PM
This was my very first post when I signed up my freshman year...I think we lost, haha.

I dissagree with you Hornetpride. I think that while you're sitting there bragging about how good your frosh team is, you should be getting your varsity team to practice. You don't get much done while you're sitting in front of the computer screen. As for the matter of who's better, we will find out Thursday night at 5:30

Phantom Stang
06-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Here's mine

Sweetwater by at least 21

LHMom
06-21-2006, 09:54 PM
My first post (9/14/03) was a new thread titled "Liberty Hill 27, Hutto 7." Comments were, "Yeah, Panthers."

Wow. That's lame.

lostaussie
06-21-2006, 09:57 PM
"not a problem for the buckeyes. actually we kind of like it this way.29-1 the last 2 years speaks for itself. gilmer will be there in the end or close to it. too much returning talent and too good coaching. class 3-a championship comes somewhere through east texas again, and i am including jasper in east texas."

i was right as usual:D 3a championship came right through tatum texas.

SintonFan
06-21-2006, 09:58 PM
SintonFan
All-American

Member #: 35

Cuero not only has loads of tradition but some of the best facilities in the state of texas(even compared to some 5A teams). It doesn't take talent to be stong...
I hope we don't play them until the region finals! Maybe a little sinton-cuero rivaly could happen? Stanger thing have happened.
Good luck cuero.
Go Sinton Pirates!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

09-06-2001 09:55 PM
lol
I've since learned that Cuero doesn't have the best facilities in Texas as that Cuero dude I went to college with always said they did.
:doh:

Snyder_TigerFan
06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Ha, here is my first....kinda funny. I just know it took a few days for my registration to go through, and I kept reading posts by Sweetwater that I wanted to reply to!

Whoever runs this site must be pro Sweetwater...I've been in the queue for a couple of days and have not been able to post or vote on polls....that's probably why this site seems to be so biased!

What a match-up it's going to be Friday night. It should be a much better game than the first one. I have not seen the Tigers play as bad as they did against Sweetwater the first game. To many costly mistakes and turnovers. Don't expect that to happen this game. In the end, I believe Snyder will come out victorious.

Bulldog_12
06-21-2006, 10:10 PM
ok, someone tell me how to do this

olddawggreen
06-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Heres mine:)

Congratulations Everman, you were outstanding. You are definatly State Champions. We will keep Corey and his family in our prayers and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

MHSvarsity2007
06-21-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm from an area thats not very big on state champions much less play-offs but I definetly think that Abilene Wylie is so overrated. The only reason they are so good is because they are in a district with unexperienced teams. Abilene Wylie should move up to 4A but they will stay 3A so they can win district every year. But hey thats my opinion take it or leave it.

hah. my first post is lame. i was such a wylie hating sophomore back then. hahaha

pirate4state
06-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Sinton went up againist Ingleside (the only other team in 30-3A that was undefeated) last night. Great game. Alaniz was awesome. He had a shaky 1st inning, but once he calmed down he was on fire. Striking out 16, and giving up only 2 hits. They are now #1 in district with a 7-0 record and 23-4
overall.

Posted on April 3, 2002 :nerd:

I had been reading since the fall of 2001 during Sinton's run to the state game, but didn't sign up/post until baseball season. :D

Bulldog_12
06-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Ok finally found mine. September 6th, 2004. I had to defend my boys from Jasper before they made their run to the state championship game. lol

Z, I find that you keep contradicting yourself. You say that no one should rate a team unless they have seen them play. You have not seen Jasper or WOS play yet. When you see them, then you can come back here and maybe someone will listen to you and take you seriously. Ive seen film on these teams. In my mind, WOS and Jasper still retain the top teams in 3A. But i respect that you want credit for your team. Maybe they will get it sooner or later.

bulldogbark
06-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I dont think I was to biased with this post:

I had to go with R-3 are I could well say east tx. Plus being from Jasper (unbiased though) and the fact that J_dog would woop me on the jasper board. and my wife would divorce me, and my dog would run away and my daughter would be with child ( sounds like a country song) Yeah R-3 is the best

I guess I was trying to make a point

:)

District303aPastPlayer
06-21-2006, 10:52 PM
I remember watching that game live on Fox Sports. Can we say dream match?? I love HS football, and am a huge fanatic. When i saw Long Beach Poly and DLS Playing, i had to say, i was speechless. All of those players were D1 material

Wow... that was a long time ago...

44INAROW
06-21-2006, 11:01 PM
I was registered before but I had to re-register when we moved over "to the new system" or something like that....... I had a very profound 1st post:

Nice post

:)

Member #: 3034

slpybear the bullfan
06-21-2006, 11:14 PM
LOL... Slpybear's first was in December 01... talking up that eternal question of High School Football rankings!

Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan 12-09-2001
I don't mind replying to this one...

District 6-3A has to be one of the top 5 toughest in the state.
Vernon
Graham
and Bridgeport all play here. Vernon went deep in the playoffs, Graham got suprised, and Bridgeport is Region 1 Div2 Champs. That makes it at least in the top 5, although I think number 1 may be a stretch.

espn1
06-22-2006, 12:54 AM
My First Post Oct. 31st. 2002.
Burnet's weakest link is the defensive line if we can get a handle on that we can win state. If not we can say by at Sinton. Either way it will be tough to beat Jasper. But we got past Marlin so anything is possible. Marlin the team to watch in D2.

Maroon87
06-22-2006, 01:20 AM
My very first post, from 8/26/04...

Sinton will make the playoffs again, I'm sure. I don't really know much about their personnel but they've got a good, long winning tradition over there.

Fal44
06-22-2006, 02:06 AM
Jerseys 1
Pirates 0

thats my first post nothing special

DU_stud04
06-22-2006, 02:26 AM
on 10-01-2005 06:16 PM my first post was born. it said

WHOOP!!!

then i got remarks stating it was the worst first post ever....i almost cried...(justkidding)....hahaha

LH Panther Mom
06-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Oct 10, 2003 - stuck at home with a strep-throat child, with the game right across the street from me. :(

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Anybody out there trying to listen to the live broadcast on panthercast? It bites. So, since 7:15, I managed to hear 4 commercials, the tail-end of a Wimberley TD, and just now the LH TD. Everything in between can't be heard.

LHMom
06-22-2006, 06:20 AM
But we won that game, LHPM! :)

spiveyrat
06-22-2006, 06:45 AM
lol! Here's mine. Apparently I was trying to make friends. :D

Originally posted by spiveyrat
Mexia by 14???

:rolleyes:

Jasper by 35!!!

LH Panther Mom
06-22-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
But we won that game, LHPM! :)
More like a sound butt-whupping! :D

AggieJohn
06-22-2006, 08:19 AM
i'm having a blond moment, how would i find mine...

CHS_Grad '85
06-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Someone was asking about the freshman teams at the time... lol This is fun...

9-20-02 02:28 pm -

Didn't go to the game but heard that the Caldwell "Freshman" beat Smithville 48-0. Hope that helps.

pirate44
06-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i'm having a blond moment, how would i find mine...
go to your profile
click on "search for all posts by this user"
bottom right where the pages are displayed, click "Last"
your first post will be the last one

AggieJohn
06-22-2006, 08:31 AM
gotfcha, forgot about taht feature

AggieJohn
06-22-2006, 08:35 AM
my first post, man i was such an ass then.....

I think barbers hill football is an extreme shame....30-0 over 3 years...yeah we all could do that if we were 'roiding too....now they are drug testing to cover that fact too...i was told it was so minute the way that they were testing that it's not any different than not doing it at all...seems like we all could take a page out of enron's books...good on the outside..bad on the inside..guess i'll just have to take the elevator up too find out

kaorder1999
06-22-2006, 08:42 AM
That season Forney went on to beat Lindale like 50-0. Blanton went crazy. They held him in check until the last carry of the first half when he broke loose for a 50-60 yard TD with 1 second to go. In the second half he rushed for about 200 yards.

And Tye Gunn was a MUCH better QB. What did Shipley do is college? Gunn did okay for himself!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY FIRST POST

I totally have to dissagree with you. Tye Gunn was a much better q-back that Shipley. Gunn could throw...and he could run. He was a lot better leader than Shipley on the field.

Lindale's offense didn't just dominate Forney's defense last year. Lindale got a couple scores off of turnovers or as a result of a turnover.

In the preseason without Blanton last season, Forney was still able to play some teams close...they played Aledo 12-0, which ended up being Aledo's closest game of the season until their loss in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong..Lindale was a talented team but Forney played them better than the score appeared!

Adidas410s
06-22-2006, 09:06 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10697

QB Journal???
Whatever happened to the kid? Is there planning to be an update anytime soon?

AP Panther Fan
06-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Ha ha ha....you might know it had to do with Ingleside versus Aransas Pass....and of course, defending my son! :)

AP/Ingleside Rivalry

Okay, this is my first post, so you pro's be patient with this rookie. I have been reading the forum and couldn't resist signing in when you guys started talking about the QB situation in AP yesterday on the thread about the toughness of the 30-3a district schedule.

I am an IHS grad myself, but have lived in AP for the last 20 yrs and now have 3 kids of my own in APISD. I know exactly what you mean regarding the rivalry, it is intense and has been since the beginning of time.

One thing is certain.....It will be a good game! Let's just hope it is injury free, we both still have some tough district battles ahead.

Ranger Mom
06-22-2006, 09:51 AM
WOW!! That was many many posts ago (I think next Monday (the 26th) it will be 4 years to the day when I joined up)!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am so happy to find a 3A board. Last year I went to Friday Night Headbangers. While it is a fairly good board (despite all the trash talk) it seemed to be more 1A - 2A. Anytime I posted about Greenwood - I heard how stuck-up we were, how dirty we played, etc. I finally quit posting under my "username" to stop the harrassment. I don't mind critisism, I KNOW we aren't perfect, but I never slammed another team that we played. Just wanna know if we can all be friends?? I have 3 boys who play football, so I am trying to learn all I can.
Thanks!!

Sweetwater Red
06-22-2006, 10:16 AM
"Someone forgot to tell ol' Matt that Sweetwater is returning the house from their quarter-finalist team of last year. Including Dave Cambell's 12th rated athlete in all classifications...QB/WR/RB/FS/KR/PR/P...
Kendall Carillo"

This was my first post responding to Matthew328's pre-season
top twenty-five poll.

I'm sure he'll do better this year :D .

BJG40
06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Decatur is a very well coached, disciplined team and they play well together. I give them that but they are not unbeatable. We held Dane to 10-20 for 165 yds his lowest this year. Godbolt rushed for 141 yds. Theyve got weapons but ones that can be stopped. You just cant make any stupid mistakes in which we made a few last night. Dont get me wrong theyre a great team but I wish we could get another shot at em. Hopefully in playoffs. Good luck with the rest of your season Decatur and to my bros from CHS we're makin great strides. I have all the confidence in the world in us.

LOL. man, what a rookie. I got put in my place but recovered alright. Man I miss playin FOOTBALL!!!

Gobbla2001
06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
I think mine said

"This is pretty neat" or "This is pretty cool" or something...

It was the first post ever on here:D

Blastoderm55
06-22-2006, 12:30 PM
"Mathis beat Sinton back in 2000 for the district title, so this would be their fourth undefeated district campaign."

Too bad it ain't happening again for a long time. :p

CHS_Grad '85
06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
First post by Gobbla2001 06-15-2001 09:13 AM
:) I like this....
Looks nice.... I'm registered finally..... PEACE!!!

Gobbla2001
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85

AHA, thank you...

CHS_CG
06-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey FB_Gurl check you pm's

that was my first post, but it didnt take me long to jump into the crap with HornetPride(if anybody remembers THAT poster) My 2nd post was telling him to act his age not his shoe size lol

sinton66
06-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I think this was mine on 12/12/2000:

Everman fans Sinton will be ready. This is the best team I've ever seen come out of South Texas. All the respect in the world for your accomplishments, but teams have been underestimating Sinton all year. This game has all the markings of a classic. Won't be a 5A Madison/North Shore affair (61-58 Madison win in the dome), 3A teams have no choice but to play defense, and obviously both of these are terrific!

Pmoney
06-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Nope they are gone...thank goodness lol GO HORNS

that was my 1st...it was the Horns win in baseball over the Rice Owls last year 7-6

Da Mules
06-22-2006, 10:06 PM
" Muleshoe 41, Lubbock Cooper 2
Muleshoe's defense clicks in first district game. Lubbock Cooper -6 yards total offense from scrimmage. "

from 2001

smustangs
06-22-2006, 10:12 PM
"both sweetwater and greenwood have high quality football teams who do yall think will take this and advace"

not ne thing special

Ranger Mom
06-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
" Muleshoe 41, Lubbock Cooper 2
Muleshoe's defense clicks in first district game. Lubbock Cooper -6 yards total offense from scrimmage. "

from 2001

Hey Da Mules!!

I am glad to see you still check in with us. Keep us informed how Muleshoe is doing in 2-A!

Ranger Mom
06-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
"both sweetwater and greenwood have high quality football teams who do yall think will take this and advace"

I think Greenwood took it that year!!:D :D

Ahhh....those were the good ole days!:p

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-22-2006, 11:03 PM
here is my first post:

i've been wathching all the excitement on this sight for a while and finally decided to join the action. heres to post number 1 and many more to follow. despite a deployment to afghanistan.

SWMustang
06-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Well I watched the show - ONLY because you recommended it. You just knew MR. Greer was going to get it.

This was in response to one of Phil's movie recommendations

Da Mules
06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey Da Mules!!

I am glad to see you still check in with us. Keep us informed how Muleshoe is doing in 2-A!

no problem, RM. they say a bad penny always turns up again.
:D

piratebg
06-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Greetings everyone!!! Is is nice to finally be here. I will definitely be at this game.

Nothing to brag about, but still it's my first. This was the Sinton/Cuero roll call from last August......the game that never happened. Thanks Rita.

CHS_CG
07-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I for one always will stand and support my team no matter what they do! Our cheerleaders, football players, and band give there all for the whole game. As CHSGrad I am also one of the loudest people in my section and sometimes I am told to be quite

Some how I am guessing I didnt look up my first post correctly but this was actually my first post.

CalallenWildcat
07-05-2006, 10:33 PM
What was the final on this game?

LMAO...then I was informed that the game hadn't yet been played...LMFAO

District303aPastPlayer
07-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
LMAO...then I was informed that the game hadn't yet been played...LMFAO

nice one buddy

CalallenWildcat
07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
nice one buddy

Yeah, I thought the game was the week before, but it turned out it was the week after :D

Ranger Mom
07-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Some how I am guessing I didnt look up my first post correctly but this was actually my first post.

LOL!! I think that was in response to my post...."Does anyone actually 'Stand up and Holler'"!!

CHS_CG
07-06-2006, 08:58 AM
LOL!! I think that was in response to my post...."Does anyone actually 'Stand up and Holler'"!!

correct! lol

tigerpride_08
07-06-2006, 10:52 AM
haha mine was like only a week ago...:D

Sweetwater Red
07-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Black Magic's first post...how appropriate huh?

what talent areyou talking about? I believe Snyders JV beat Sweetwaters JV by 21 last year even considering the sympathy TD Snyder gave you guys at the end of the game by playing all the scrubs. Maybe the talent your refering to is coaching talent. I hear that Swater will have ALL new coaching staff from the bottom to the varsity staff. Is that the talent you are refering to?

neck_06
07-06-2006, 10:59 AM
The Columbia Roughnecks beat the Yoakum Bulldogs friday night pretty handily, by a score of 28-10. Coming in to the game, the necks were 18 point underdogs, and there were only about 60 people who thought they had a chance (50 of them were on the field), but when the smoke cleared the necks beat Yoakum by that same 18 point spread. So look out 3A the necks are for real.

ahhh, stirring up stuff from day one.......:)

olddog73
07-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Here's mine, posted on a Burnet thread......

LETS HEAR IT FOR ALL OUR FRESHMAN AND JV PLAYERS, WHOSE GREAT SEASONS HAVE ENDED, BUT WHO CONTINUE TO WORK HARD WITH THE VARSITY EVERY WEEK TO HELP THEM PREPARE FOR EACH NEW GAME. THESE GUYS DEFINATLY DESERVE SOME CREDIT.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Who takes a knee at home when you've got a QB like TX State does and three timeouts?

I'm rooting for the home team, but c'mon, junior high coaches wouldn't do that.

That game reallllly frustrated me.

Manck
07-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Of course, I was stat-boy...

Manuel Johnson's a senior comitted to Oklahoma as a WR. The stats were right for yardage, but he was 24-28.

Over 1100 yds of offense between the teams, who were ranked 1st (Gilmer) and 2nd (Tatum) on defense in the state in 3A.

CalallenWildcat
07-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Manck
Of course, I was stat-boy...

You remember that game? Best game I heard you and Terry call...ever...