PDA

View Full Version : A loss is a loss, is a loss

pirate4state
06-21-2006, 06:12 PM
BUT....someone has to lose so would you rather get blown out or lose by a point/run? :thinking:

Just curious.

I hate losing by a close margin especially in baseball/softball. Losing by a run while stranding runners in scoring position sucks! :mad: Getting your rear handed to you sucks too though...:thinking:

*sigh*

Oh well....discuss....

big daddy russ
06-21-2006, 06:15 PM
By seven or less. As much as it hurts, you can ALWAYS say that you were as good as that team and ramble on about it 'till you're 85.

kepdawg
06-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Depends on how the teams play.

Jasper's loss to Gilmer was better than a lot of Jasper wins I have seen!

Maroon87
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Either way bites. One of my mottos is..."I don't have to win, I just hate to lose.";)

District303aPastPlayer
06-21-2006, 06:40 PM
id rather get blown out by 50

injuredinmelee
06-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
id rather get blown out by 50

me too. Id rather know that it was obvious than to get close and come away empty handed.

SintonFan
06-21-2006, 07:05 PM
A close loss. If you are getting blown out early then you lose interest. A close game is always more entertaining.

LHMom
06-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Close games are much better. The losses may hurt more for a while, but still much better memories than getting your butt whooped.

GOFOR2
06-21-2006, 09:21 PM
i think if you get blown out, you might get the feeling that you dont have the calibre team you may have once thought you had.
i would much rather lose by a close margin, it would give me hope.

lostaussie
06-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Depends on how the teams play.

Jasper's loss to Gilmer was better than a lot of Jasper wins I have seen! agreed kepdawg. i would rather lose feeling i was just as good as my opponent. and on that night you guys were every bit as good as we were. just came up a little on the short end. i guarantee thats better than getting beat by 40.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-21-2006, 09:56 PM
a close loss. it shows you still have heart. if you dont stand for something you will fall for anything.

pirate4state
06-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
Close games are much better. The losses may hurt more for a while, but still much better memories than getting your butt whooped. good point.

AP Panther Fan
06-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
Close games are much better. The losses may hurt more for a while, but still much better memories than getting your butt whooped.

Absolutely, I agree!:)

CenTexSports
06-22-2006, 09:44 AM
I have been playing sports since I was 6. I still play golf, some softball, tennis, horse shoes and others when I can. It may be my up bringing but I have never felt bad about being beaten but I can not stand to lose.

If a better team out plays mine no problem. If a better golfer (even if it is only that he had one good day) beats me thats OK. But if my team plays brain dead or I give the game to my opponent, I don't like it no matter what the score.

spiveyrat
06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
I'd rather not lose at all! :nerd:

Gobbla2001
06-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I dunno man, I'm torn... it's always good to say "We played down to the wire", but DAMN, watching these Gobblers lose in the last minute of the last three playoff losses all involving FG's??? You just start aching...

If it happens again this year I'm jumping off of a bridge... a little one, just for the hell of it:D

DU_stud04
06-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

If it happens again this year I'm jumping off of a bridge... a little one, just for the hell of it:D

nice one:D

BJG40
06-22-2006, 12:34 PM
haha I've been at both ends of the stick. Before I was on varsity we would always get blown away by Everman. That stunk. But then we missed the playoffs by one point in losing to Glen Rose 42-41 in overtime. Then when I was on varsity we missed the playoffs by 5 points to Glen Rose 33-28. Then my senior season, we missed the playoffs by 3 points and 2 yards! ( We fumbled the ball on the two yard line for the go ahead win) If we wouldve beaten Bridgeport (24-21..if i remember correctly) we wouldve made the playoffs. Being that close hurts like none other but the pain keeps you alive and gives you something to shoot for. Getting blown out is harder on the team and a program. Losing either way makes me angry and inspired but I would much rather be right in it than being miles away.