PDA

View Full Version : The real facts for the year, concerning HS football

Old Cardinal
12-23-2002, 07:36 PM
State winners in each region for this year are as follows: REGION I 3 State Champs REGION II 1 State Champ REGION III 2 State Champs REGION IV 2 State Champs...Funny how this data as a way of averaging out over the years. Region I was the best, Region II was the worst- this season....There sure has been a lot of smoke-screens thrown up this year out of Region II- but FACTS are facts.

PPHSfan
12-23-2002, 08:31 PM
Funny how your data is wrong Old Cardinal. But there are nine state champs, not counting six man, and region 2 has two not one. :rolleyes:

But you are welcome to try again. :p

PPHSfan
12-23-2002, 08:35 PM
Oh and last time I looked. Southlake Carroll, Denton Ryan, and Everman, were all in the DFW Metroplex. So chalk up 3 out of 9 for DFW.

Man don't you just hate me now? :D

turbostud
12-23-2002, 08:44 PM
ouch. thats gotta hurt.

turbostud
12-23-2002, 08:46 PM
I can't wait for OLD CARDS theory that will prove you wrong, PPHSFAN.

Burnet-05
12-23-2002, 08:54 PM
Curiously Strong!

uh, yea...i don know about that whole 'mouth of the south' thing...good luck pal, but....where the hell am i...this isn't altoids.com!

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Burnet-05 ]</small>

Burnet-05
12-23-2002, 08:56 PM
<small>[ December 23, 2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Burnet-05 ]</small>

turbostud
12-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Burnet05 are you trying to rip on me? :D

Old Cardinal
12-24-2002, 10:16 AM
Everman is in Region I, another nice try however.

turbostud
12-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Old Card I think he plainly stated that. Region II has two winners in Southlake Carroll and Denton Ryan. DFW has 3winners in SLC, Denton Ryan, and Everman.

Rabbit'93
12-24-2002, 11:13 AM
<small>[ December 24, 2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Well actualy the Region 2 winners are Texarkana and Petrolia. And the DFW winners are SLC, Denton Ryan, and Everman. And that is not a nice try, just a simple fact. :p

Old Cardinal
12-24-2002, 02:56 PM
You know, Region I- had Everman, SLC, and Denton Ryan...This post was all about UIL REGIONS and Regional strength. Obviously Region I is stronger than Region II, right?...Can you tell us about Pilot Point and if they might recover and do something in the Playoffs next year?

Old Cardinal
12-24-2002, 03:20 PM
PPHS, I did not include 6 man and Petrolia in Class A. What I was saying is that above Class A the following.,,,, Regions when properly compared, pretty will balance out over the years. Region IV trailed a little but have been catching up in the last two years..

Rabbit'93
12-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Man that was a cheap shot Card

stinky pete
12-24-2002, 06:35 PM
I got three words for you, old cardinal, G. A. Moore! eek!

PPHSfan
12-24-2002, 08:07 PM
I will put my Bearcats up against any team on any given Friday night in any town in Texas. Ask eye of the tiger if my boys can play. Ask slpybear if my boys can play. I don't recall the last time you were at a Pilot Point game Old Cardinal, but if you would like a shot, why not call G.A. and see if Bridge City can come show us how to play ball next pre-season. :D

Old Cardinal
12-24-2002, 10:50 PM
I thought you lost 3 or 4 and tied one, but won in OT, and loss in the very first round. Other folks were showing you how to play ball. Hope you have a good season next year, I have no hard feeling against your team..Sound like you have potential to turn it around up there in Div II next season.

PPHSfan
12-24-2002, 11:28 PM
How many PP games did you watch this year Old Card? LOL

You try and put a "spin" on every post you make, and the only thing you ever accomplish is adding to the number of folks who think you have lost your marbles.

You have no hard feelings against my team?????
Well why would you?????
Did one of our players come down to Bridge City and moon you in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart?

Oh and by the way, Old Card. Pilot Point lost in the first round to the Defending State Champions by 3 points. And Pilot Point has Two State Championship Trophys and 29 Playoff Appearances. 23 of them in the last 24 years. Can you even come close to that kind of tradition?

I have no hard feelings against your team either..ROFL...But I sure would love a shot at seeing our LITTLE team play yours. :p

<small>[ December 25, 2002, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-27-2002, 02:36 AM
Old Cardinal:
...Funny how this data has a way of averaging out over the years...... ....There sure has been a lot of smoke-screens thrown up this year out of Region II- but FACTS are facts..
Here are some more facts for you :D

Since it averages out over the years, I went back for the last 25 years. I looked at all 207 teams that are in 3A now and added the number of State Championsips won by these 207 teams. Then I broke them down into regions :p , and below is the list of ring holders and their respective region.

TEAM, State Titles, Region

Celina, 5, II
Sealy, 5, III
Commerce, 2, II
Daingerfield 2, II
Everman, 2, I
Pilot Point 2, II
Bandera 1, IV
Cameron 1, III
China Springs 1, III
Cuero 1, IV
Gatesville 1, III
Groesbeck 1, III
Jefferson 1, II
La Grange 1, III
Lorena 1, III
Mexia 1, III
Newton 1, III
Pittsburg 1, II
Texarkana LE 1, II
Van 1, II
Vernon 1, I

I believe that adds up like this. :p

Region I.....3 Titles
Region II...15 Titles
Region III..13 Titles
Region IV....2 Titles

SintonFan
12-27-2002, 03:01 AM
PPHSfan:

Old Cardinal:
...Funny how this data has a way of averaging out over the years...... ....There sure has been a lot of smoke-screens thrown up this year out of Region II- but FACTS are facts..
Here are some more facts for you :D

Since it averages out over the years, I went back for the last 25 years. I looked at all 207 teams that are in 3A now and added the number of State Championsips won by these 207 teams. Then I broke them down into regions :p , and below is the list of ring holders and their respective region.

TEAM, State Titles, Region

Celina, 5, II
Sealy, 5, III
Commerce, 2, II
Daingerfield 2, II
Everman, 2, I
Pilot Point 2, II
Bandera 1, IV
Cameron 1, III
China Springs 1, III
Cuero 1, IV
Gatesville 1, III
Groesbeck 1, III
Jefferson 1, II
La Grange 1, III
Lorena 1, III
Mexia 1, III
Newton 1, III
Pittsburg 1, II
Texarkana LE 1, II
Van 1, II
Vernon 1, I

I believe that adds up like this. :p

Region I.....3 Titles
Region II...15 Titles
Region III..13 Titles
Region IV....2 TitlesYou gotta pm me buddy...

Phil C
12-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Good work in analysis PPHS but Everman was in Region II when they won the state championship in 2001. They were moved to Region I in 2002 with the realignment.

PPHSfan
12-27-2002, 12:13 PM
Phil C:
Good work in analysis PPHS but Everman was in Region II when they won the state championship in 2001. They were moved to Region I in 2002 with the realignment.Yes, there are a couple of teams that have moved around a time or two over the past 25 years. However I don't think it will change the fact that Region II and III are pretty much dominate. All of my research was really just to prove that Old Cardinal was wrong about how it balances out over the years :D

Old Cardinal
12-27-2002, 01:59 PM
If Region II has a couple of more seasons, like this one, where you came in last, the stats are going change. Looks like the averaging out is starting to take place.

PPHSfan
12-27-2002, 02:27 PM
Old Cardinal:
If Region II has a couple of more seasons, like this one, where you came in last, the stats are going change. Looks like the averaging out is starting to take place.You are so right Old Cardinal. And since the difference in Last Verses First was 2 rings. It will only take about seven more years for it to balance out. Providing region II never manages two rings instead of one, otherwise it could take thousands of years :D