PDA

View Full Version : Fence Building in New Orleans

PPHSfan
06-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Six foot tall wooden cedar fences are bringing 26 bucks a foot for construction in the New Orleans area. If you are replacing a fence destroyed by the hurricane, you don't need a permit or a license to do the job. There is approximately seven million feet of fence that still needs replacing. The cost for materials is about nine bucks a foot for EVERYTHING you need. Do the math. That is 17 dollars a foot to the "poor working stiff" that has to sweat building the fence. A decent crew of three "laborers", can put up about four hundred feet of fence in a day. Selling the work requires little effort, especially once you build a few. That's six thousand eight hundred dollars worth of labor for three "poor working stiffs" to divide daily. That's twenty two hundred bucks a day each after gas, food, and lodging. Now you will need to invest a few bucks in a level, a post hole digger, and a few hand tools. If you can't come up with enough to do that, then you can give me a call, and I will give you a job, a place to live, food on the table and a hundred and twenty five bucks a day to build them for me. (You can join the 113 others that I feed daily) I am throwing down a challenge for ANYONE who thinks they can't get ahead in this world.

Leave your family for a few months, go where the opportunity is, and do something with your life. Don't complain about the folks who have more than you do. Do something about it. Come get you some.

Twenty two hundred bucks a day for three months is one hundred and ninety eight thousand dollars kids.

I think your wives and kids can do without you for a few weeks.

DU_stud04
06-21-2006, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Six foot tall wooden cedar fences are bringing 26 bucks a foot for construction in the New Orleans area. If you are replacing a fence destroyed by the hurricane, you don't need a permit or a license to do the job. There is approximately seven million feet of fence that still needs replacing. The cost for materials is about nine bucks a foot for EVERYTHING you need. Do the math. That is 17 dollars a foot to the "poor working stiff" that has to sweat building the fence. A decent crew of three "laborers", can put up about four hundred feet of fence in a day. Selling the work requires little effort, especially once you build a few. That's six thousand eight hundred dollars worth of labor for three "poor working stiffs" to divide daily. That's twenty two hundred bucks a day each after gas, food, and lodging. Now you will need to invest a few bucks in a level, a post hole digger, and a few hand tools. If you can't come up with enough to do that, then you can give me a call, and I will give you a job, a place to live, food on the table and a hundred and twenty five bucks a day to build them for me. (You can join the 113 others that I feed daily) I am throwing down a challenge for ANYONE who thinks they can't get ahead in this world.

Leave your family for a few months, go where the opportunity is, and do something with your life. Don't complain about the folks who have more than you do. Do something about it. Come get you some.

Twenty two hundred bucks a day for three months is one hundred and ninety eight thousand dollars kids.

I think your wives and kids can do without you for a few weeks.

seriously????? im interested

DU_stud04
06-21-2006, 03:51 AM
how do i get into this, cause i can be in new orleans in 4 hours

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 12:15 PM
ttt

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 12:20 PM
I helped a guy from work replace his privacy fence last summer... #1 it was hot as hell, #2 it'd rain (which felt really good, until it stopped after 5 minutes, then it just got freakin' hotter)...

But the beer was good :D

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 12:24 PM
If I was a college or high school kid i would have already been there for the summer. There is alot of money to be made.

Blastoderm55
06-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Hah, they should sweat and toil to make you richer if they can't afford the initial investment. Nice touch. So who are you subcontracting for?

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Hah, they should sweat and toil to make you richer if they can't afford the initial investment. Nice touch. So who are you subcontracting for?

the way the world works.

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 12:37 PM
ive built a few fences, so it wouldnt be new for me, im real tempted to go, just dont want to show up and get lost/ not know where to go.....i dont mind going down there till school starts back up, need money to pay that tuition

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ive built a few fences, so it wouldnt be new for me, im real tempted to go, just dont want to show up and get lost/ not know where to go.....i dont mind going down there till school starts back up, need money to pay that tuition

where is home during the summer? Or are you at home right now? Baically whee are you now? I might be able to get you in touch with some contractors out of Houston that are doing alot of work in New Orleans or Mississippi.

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 12:47 PM
im up in arlington right now, will be here.....probly till i graduate and its me and 2 other guys, and weve all done fencing

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 12:48 PM
im up in arlington right now, will be here.....probly till i graduate and its me and 2 other guys, and weve all done fencing

I know some people who will pay more if you build it along our southern border :D

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I know some people who will pay more if you build it along our southern border :D

hahaha, cant do that to my own people;)

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 12:51 PM
hahaha, cant do that to my own people;)

I know plenty of your people who wanna do it haha...

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 12:53 PM
hahahaha

DU_stud04
06-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
where is home during the summer? Or are you at home right now? Baically whee are you now? I might be able to get you in touch with some contractors out of Houston that are doing alot of work in New Orleans or Mississippi.

it would be appreciated

espn1
06-24-2006, 02:55 PM
What kind of posts are they using. 4x4's or 2 3/8 schd. 20? How many runners, 2 or 3 ?