PDA

View Full Version : World Series

kepdawg
06-20-2006, 11:36 PM
So what teams will be playing in the World Series this year?

pirate4state
06-20-2006, 11:47 PM
The Royals & The Nationals :D :D

sahen
06-21-2006, 12:42 AM
if the playoffs where tomorrow i'd put my money on the White Soxes and Mets...but a lot can change since it isnt even the all star break yet....

Maroon87
06-21-2006, 01:12 AM
The Astros, of course!:cool:

big daddy russ
06-21-2006, 03:32 AM
St. Louis and (surprise!) Cleveland. Looking at two teams who are poised for big second halves.

The Cards lead the NL Central and haven't even put it all together just yet. They finally have a great rotation, but their offense was being carried by a guy who's been injured for the past month. Scott Rolen and Jim Edmonds are both on pace for subpar (for them) offensive seasons. They'll make up for it in the second half while David Eckstein continues to have a career season.

Nothing's gone right for Cleveland. Injuries, the bullpen, the list goes on and on. But they'll start getting the pieces back after the All-Star Break and make a run at the AL Wild Card. They take it from Detroit and the Red Sox, then make a Florida-type run through the postseason. With Hafner, Sizemore, Martinez, Peralta, and Blake rounding into form, I think their offense picks them up while those young pitchers regain their composure.

Cardinals take the WS in five.