PDA

View Full Version : Players to watch in the upcoming season!!!

whartontigerBDC
06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
what are some of the names of athletes that yall think will have a good season and should be a threat in 3a?

Fish's mom
06-20-2006, 03:31 PM
And give away our secrets?? HAHAHA

Sweetwater Red
06-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Not anyone from Sweetwater. We aren't gonna be any good
next year according to DCHSF. Hell, he's even got Snyder ranked
ahead of us at 11th.:mad:

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2006, 03:40 PM
# 55 :D ;)

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 03:42 PM

GetRDoneStangs
06-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I can't remember his name but I think he wears a red jersey...or was it white???:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
06-20-2006, 03:46 PM
#15 is running amuck...he must be stopped!!!

lostaussie
06-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Gilmer's #1 is pretty good!!!!!!!

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I can't remember his name but I think he wears a red jersey...or was it white???:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

It was Red...and he wears #22

http://texnews.com/documents/gfn/slideshows/gfn100705/018.jpg

Old Tiger
06-20-2006, 04:22 PM
nm

lostaussie
06-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Houston Tuminello - Gilmer
not so fast my young fan. he has not enrolled at Gilmer. at this point he has only requested transfer papers.

Old Tiger
06-20-2006, 04:37 PM
There I fixed it a little bit ;)

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 04:41 PM
I would also include Wylie's Gary Edwards under the Athlete category. Anybody in Region 1 can confirm that for you.

District303aPastPlayer
06-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
RB
Devan Jarmon - Giddings
Joseph Banyard - Sweetwater
Dason Jackson - Cuero
Jermie Calhoun - Van
Justin Johnson - Gilmer
Xavier Smitch - Hempstead
Shiloh Wompler - Hutto
[/B]

I think you gotta include both Cuero RBs on that list. Olguin ran for something like 1300 yards last year...

icu812
06-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Justin Sturns from Rusk needs to be on that list considering I think he may have led 3A in rushing last year (and did it playing qb). Should be listed as athlete.

District303aPastPlayer
06-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Justin Sturns from Rusk needs to be on that list considering I think he may have led 3A in rushing last year (and did it playing qb). Should be listed as athlete.

he didnt lead 3A in rushing...

Chief Woodman
06-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Brian Christian and Chandler Dane

big daddy russ
06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
LOL.

Chief Woodman
06-20-2006, 05:41 PM
humm

shadow13
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Shawnbrey McNeil - Dallas Madison is probably the best RB in 3a this year. BAR NONE

wedo
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Jamal Shelton WR- Wharton

yoemenkracker30
06-20-2006, 07:29 PM
hmm....lets think of players I know for sure....
Justin Sturns - Rusk
Jeremy Kearley - Hutto
Shiloh Wompler - Hutto
Brian Scott - Cameron Yoe
Cordrick Mobely - Cameron Yoe
Brock Fitzhenry - Giddings
Devone Jarmon - Giddings
GJ Kinne - Gilmer
Curtis Brown - Gilmer
Michael Buse - Wimberly
Randy Kitchens - Robinson
BJ Lewis - Robinson

lostaussie
06-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
hmm....lets think of players I know for sure....
Justin Sturns - Rusk
this guy deserves all the pub he can get.

shadow13
06-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Dave Campbell's : Best of the Rest list , just the 3A - RB's

Micheal Buse - Wimberly

Shaka Harris - Carrollton Ranchview

Kelby Shandy-Kerby - Anahuac

Crimestick
06-20-2006, 09:16 PM
For WO-S, we're expecting big things from Earl Thomas (UT commit), Jacoby Franks and Depauldrick Garrett, to name a few.

crabman
06-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Cuero's watch list goes something like this.

Fabian Olguin - RB - returning with over 3,000 yards

Kyle Noack - QB - returning from last years 2700 yard performance with only four interceptions

Tre Gray - WR - on DCTF top 300

Justin Freeman - Lineman - DCTF top 300

Stephon Hargrove - Defensive end - second place in state in 100 meters. Sandwiched between Shawnbrey McNeal and Skye Green. A defensive end with the two fastest running backs in the state as bookends!

Kaeron Johnson - G - DCTF top Junior list

Desmond Patton - DE - DCTF top Sophomore list. Looks and plays like Michael Strahan

Dason Jackson - LB - incredible closing speed and the brains of the defense.

Domingo Ruiz - WR - Double gold medal winner in 4x100 and 4x200 at state track meet. Probably a 40" vertical leap. Incredible athlete.

Corey Scott - WR - Double gold medal winner in 4x100 and 4x200 at state track meet.

Speed and size will be the norm for Cuero this year. Let's just see how they play as a team and see if we can all stay healthy for once.

Adidas410s
06-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman

I heard they transferred to Gilmer to provide some depth to the roster.

Sweetwater Red
06-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

That's true. Also, the UIL just granted both of them 3 more years
of eligibility at the high school level.

44INAROW
06-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by crabman

Kyle Noack - QB - returning from last years 2700 yard performance with only four interceptions

Stephon Hargrove - Defensive end - second place in state in 100 meters. Sandwiched between Shawnbrey McNeal and Skye Green. A defensive end with the two fastest running backs in the state as bookends!

Desmond Patton - DE - DCTF top Sophomore list. Looks and plays like Michael Strahan

Domingo Ruiz - WR - Double gold medal winner in 4x100 and 4x200 at state track meet. Probably a 40" vertical leap. Incredible athlete.

Corey Scott - WR - Double gold medal winner in 4x100 and 4x200 at state track meet.

Speed and size will be the norm for Cuero this year. Let's just see how they play as a team and see if we can all stay healthy for once.

Everyone one of these boys has been in a Gobbler uniform since pre-7th grade - HOMEGROWN TALENT........... (as are majority of the others on the team) That's something to be proud of, none of that 'moving in" controversy crap. We'll utilize the TEAM the Good Lord provided us :)

VWG
06-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Everyone one of these boys has been in a Gobbler uniform since pre-7th grade - HOMEGROWN TALENT........... (as are majority of the others on the team) That's something to be proud of, none of that 'moving in" controversy crap. We'll utilize the TEAM the Good Lord provided us :)

Dang... now that's a good point!
I like how Cuero stays within the "farm system".

PPHSfan
06-21-2006, 09:39 AM

They would be third stringers in Gilmer.

icu812
06-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he didnt lead 3A in rushing...

Ok, well I thought I read that somewhere but maybe I didnt. You have a list of the leading rushers in 3A?

BTW, point was Sturns put up huge #'s, is a big time talent and should be on that list.

Also, J. Calhoun (6'1" 200 4.4) from Van was the best rb I saw in 3A last year and I watched several very good backs including the backs at Gilmer, Tatum, Hutto and Rusk. He's a junior this season. Van's back up rb senior J. Crawford (6'1" 205 4.5) is pretty good to.

District303aPastPlayer
06-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Ok, well I thought I read that somewhere but maybe I didnt. You have a list of the leading rushers in 3A?

BTW, point was Sturns put up huge #'s, is a big time talent and should be on that list.

Also, J. Calhoun (6'1" 200 4.4) from Van was the best rb I saw in 3A last year and I watched several very good backs including the backs at Gilmer, Tatum, Hutto and Rusk. He's a junior this season. Van's back up rb senior J. Crawford (6'1" 205 4.5) is pretty good to.

how many non-Van games did you go to? because i can think off of hand 5 better RBs that i saw... and they were not at Sinton games

Ranger Mom
06-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

:clap: :clap: :clap: There is a LOT to be said for that too!!

icu812
06-21-2006, 11:01 AM
how many non-Van games did you go to? because i can think off of hand 5 better RBs that i saw... and they were not at Sinton games

None of those were Van games. Are you telling me you saw 5 better rb's than the two that played in the DII championship game, Creer and Wompler? B/C many scouts have Creer listed as a top 5 rb in the state in any classification. And the kid from Gilmer is drawing comparisons to A. Peterson. I have a hard time believing there are 5 better backs in 3A. But hey everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Oh yeah and about Justin Sturns, "Justin Sturns from Rusk is the leading returnee rusher with 2,654 yards in the classification". Maybe he did lead 3A in rushing :thinking:

LHMom
06-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
# 55 :D ;)

Yeah baby!

Go Cats!

Black_Magic
06-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Not anyone from Sweetwater. We aren't gonna be any good
next year according to DCHSF. Hell, he's even got Snyder ranked
ahead of us at 11th.:mad: Dont that just Burn your @$#!!!! LOL YOW MAMA, YOW DADDY, YOW BIG FAT GRANNY WITH A HOLE IN HER PANY GOTA BIG BEHIND LIKE FRANKENSTEIN.. LOL Dont worry, Sweetwater will most likely end up with that 3rd playoff spot in the district and get to play decator or Gainsvile:thumbsup:

wildstangs
06-21-2006, 09:11 PM
We get to play Decatur in the regular season. Hopefully we can get our second win this decade over them.

whartontigerBDC
06-22-2006, 12:53 AM
The wharton tiger squad

whartontigerBDC
06-29-2006, 02:48 PM
i like the track stats but where the football stats for the track athletes. we talkin bout football!!!
Originally posted by crabman

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 02:55 PM
None of those were Van games. Are you telling me you saw 5 better rb's than the two that played in the DII championship game, Creer and Wompler? B/C many scouts have Creer listed as a top 5 rb in the state in any classification. And the kid from Gilmer is drawing comparisons to A. Peterson. I have a hard time believing there are 5 better backs in 3A. But hey everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Oh yeah and about Justin Sturns, "Justin Sturns from Rusk is the leading returnee rusher with 2,654 yards in the classification". Maybe he did lead 3A in rushing :thinking:

He was saying that he saw 5 better RB's than your boys from Van. Also, you just said that the RB's from Van were better than the guys from Tatum...and now you are saying the opposite. Which is it...I'm confused?? :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
06-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Dont that just Burn your @$#!!!! LOL YOW MAMA, YOW DADDY, YOW BIG FAT GRANNY WITH A HOLE IN HER PANY GOTA BIG BEHIND LIKE FRANKENSTEIN.. LOL Dont worry, Sweetwater will most likely end up with that 3rd playoff spot in the district and get to play decator or Gainsvile:thumbsup:

What are we talking about? An idiot poster who goes and gets
liquored up and runs his mouth. (OK I ripped off Peyton manning)

The time of this post was 8:10 pm. That tells me he'd probably been
slamming back the Jack Daniels since 5:00 pm. Then decided to
get on the low three hours later and post this stupidity. :doh:

Big Papa
06-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Oh yeah and about Justin Sturns, "Justin Sturns from Rusk is the leading returnee rusher with 2,654 yards in the classification". Maybe he did lead 3A in rushing

OR maybe he lead 3A Jrs and undersclassmen last year in rushing

maroogreen
06-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Cuero's Quincy Whittington will have a good year as will Callan Hardin on the line. They are both juniors this year.

GOFOR2
06-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Watch out for the Sinton Defense

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 08:48 AM
ttt

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 10:48 AM
What are we talking about? An idiot poster who goes and gets
liquored up and runs his mouth. (OK I ripped off Peyton manning)

The time of this post was 8:10 pm. That tells me he'd probably been
slamming back the Jack Daniels since 5:00 pm. Then decided to
get on the low three hours later and post this stupidity. :doh:

Here it is Black Magic. This is the thread. Were you too drunk to
remember?

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Here it is Black Magic. This is the thread. Were you too drunk to
remember? AND??? your point is....:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Dont that just Burn your @$#!!!! LOL YOW MAMA, YOW DADDY, YOW BIG FAT GRANNY WITH A HOLE IN HER PANY GOTA BIG BEHIND LIKE FRANKENSTEIN.. LOL Dont worry, Sweetwater will most likely end up with that 3rd playoff spot in the district and get to play decator or Gainsvile:thumbsup:

BM can you honestly say you weren't three sheets into the wind
when you posted this stupid crap?

You couldn't possibly be this much of an idiot sober....could you?:thinking:

Gobbla2001
06-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by whartontigerBDC
i like the track stats but where the football stats for the track athletes. we talkin bout football!!!

Any defensive end that gets 2nd in state in the 100 should be on the watch-list...

Basically the track stats are to try and explain the speed coming back/up etc...

Gunna be exciting

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 12:31 PM
BM can you honestly say you weren't three sheets into the wind
when you posted this stupid crap?

You couldn't possibly be this much of an idiot sober....could you?:thinking: Your just not too bright. Its called having fun and Joking around.:rolleyes: That was a stupid taunt from Jr high.:rolleyes: Drunk?? LOL:clap: Ok, what ever you think.:clap: :clap:

eagles_victory
06-30-2006, 12:35 PM
he didnt lead 3A in rushing... Justin Sturns did lead 3a rushing last year. I know he led the state the whole year and i dont think he got passed and if he did it was only bc the other guys played a lot more games then him.

icu812
06-30-2006, 02:09 PM
He was saying that he saw 5 better RB's than your boys from Van. Also, you just said that the RB's from Van were better than the guys from Tatum...and now you are saying the opposite. Which is it...I'm confused?? :thinking:

I did understand what he was saying and personally don't believe there are 5 backs in 3A better than Calhoun from Van. From what I understand some SCOUTS think Creer is the top back in the state. I watched Creer play 3 games last year and saw all Calhoun's games. I think Calhoun is just as good if not better than Creer, the kid from Hutto and Justin Johnson from Gilmer. I'm sure there are some other very good rb's out there I just don't think there are 5 better than Calhoun. He wasn't 2nd team all state as a soph. for no reason.

Also, until someone proves otherwise I'm going to stand by my original post that Sturns led 3A in rushing.

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
I did understand what he was saying and personally don't believe there are 5 backs in 3A better than Calhoun from Van. From what I understand some SCOUTS think Creer is the top back in the state. I watched Creer play 3 games last year and saw all Calhoun's games. I think Calhoun is just as good if not better than Creer, the kid from Hutto and Justin Johnson from Gilmer. I'm sure there are some other very good rb's out there I just don't think there are 5 better than Calhoun. He wasn't 2nd team all state as a soph. for no reason.

Also, until someone proves otherwise I'm going to stand by my original post that Sturns led 3A in rushing.

http://home.wtal.de/homer/home/ho_smile.gif

icu812
06-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Yes I am a homer but he's the real deal. Not many people outside of ET know about him, so I thought I'd share what I know. Thats the point of this thread isn't it?

"Van is home to one of 2008's top in-state prospects in Jermie Calhoun. Calhoun burst onto the scene as a freshman and did nothing to hurt his growing reputation as a sophomore. Orangebloods.com traveled to Van recently to catch up with one of 2008's best."

tigerpride_08
06-30-2006, 06:18 PM
i'm going to have to say Joel Ansley QB for wharton...didn't put up many numbers last year because he tore his ACL...before then he could run a 4.47 and can cut as quick as anyone...he's been working out hard and i can see big numbers this year for him

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i'm going to have to say Joel Ansley QB for wharton...didn't put up many numbers last year because he tore his ACL...before then he could run a 4.47 and can cut as quick as anyone...he's been working out hard and i can see big numbers this year for him

will his repaired ACL be able to take the wear and tear that it used to... i know that when you tear it... and come back... its tender when you make some cuts..

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Thats the point of this thread isn't it?
:thumbsup:

tigerpride_08
06-30-2006, 06:29 PM
his knee still hurts him everyonce in a while but his doctors told him tearing an ACL will make the knee even better when it heals...i know this because i'm a grade below him and a buddy...i think he'll able to take the shots...you should have seen him shake a cinco ranch player at 7 on 7 this past week..it was amazing to see him move like that again

neck_94
07-01-2006, 07:57 AM
yeah, Ansley (wharton) is a good player and so is Shelton (wr)

WOS1
07-01-2006, 10:24 AM
DePauldrick Garrett (RB) will be huge for WO-S this year...