PDA

View Full Version : What 3A teams do not participate in 7 on 7?

VWG
06-20-2006, 07:37 AM
How many 3A teams do not participate in 7 on 7?
I don't hear about Sweetwater, Canyon, Gainesville, Bridgeport, and other teams. Are they participating in tournaments?

injuredinmelee
06-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Abilene Wylie does NOT.

Bullaholic
06-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Strictly my opinion, but I think coaches in the smaller classes will only get into 7-on-7 tournaments if they know they have a lot of team speed and a QB who can move and throw. Otherwise, they get "monkey stomped" ( one for PPHSFan ) by the 4A and 5A schools who are "loaded" with team speed.

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Strictly my opinion, but I think coaches in the smaller classes will only get into 7-on-7 tournaments if they know they have a lot of team speed and a QB who can move and throw. Otherwise, they get "monkey stomped" ( one for PPHSFan ) by the 4A and 5A schools who are "loaded" with team speed.

true...true

District303aPastPlayer
06-20-2006, 10:40 AM
sinton played in the Robstown league a year or two back

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2006, 10:42 AM
We don't participate in tournament play, but have weekly "games" against Leander H.S. (5a). And we haven't been monkey-stomped yet. ;)

Bullaholic
06-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We don't participate in tournament play, but have weekly "games" against Leander H.S. (5a). And we haven't been monkey-stomped yet. ;)

Yep, and LH saw the other team's QB throw the ball thru the air, and their guys said--"You can do that?" :D

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Yep, and LH saw the other team's QB throw the ball thru the air, and their guys said--"You can do that?" :D

ROFL...good one!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

The same thing happened when Iowa Park played Graham and Breckenridge last year!

District303aPastPlayer

i dont care who you are, tahts funny

LH Panther Mom
:p You should've seen the look on the Leander team's face. ;)

KTJ
06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Gainesville used to for a few years.

Don't know if they still do it or not. Highschool Fan could probably tell you. Although I haven't seen him on here in a long time.

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Gainesville used to for a few years.

Don't know if they still do it or not. Highschool Fan could probably tell you. Although I haven't seen him on here in a long time.

he was ROM'd a while back! ;)

AP Panther Fan
06-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Aransas Pass plays weekly with teams from Ingleside, Rockport, G-P, Taft and others....or at least they did last year. They usually just bounce the location around between the schools.

District303aPastPlayer
06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Aransas Pass plays weekly with teams from Ingleside, Rockport, G-P, Taft and others....or at least they did last year. They usually just bounce the location around between the schools.

i know that some Ingleside kids play games at the HS weekly... but im not sure about much else other than that

AP Panther Fan
06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i know that some Ingleside kids play games at the HS weekly... but im not sure about much else other than that

I am already missing the boy sports...:weeping:

KTJ
06-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
he was ROM'd a while back! ;)

Wow. Didn't know that.

slpybear the bullfan
06-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Bridgeport, Boyd, Bowie, Decatur, Paradise all play 7 on 7 in a local league. It isn't for SQT... just for sharpening the skills prior to the start of the season...

injuredinmelee
06-20-2006, 12:02 PM

That my friends is funny.

Fish's mom
06-20-2006, 03:27 PM

Inglesides playing in a different league this year I know the played in Alice last Thurs night........Don't know whose all in league except Robstown...son said you can tell Robstown had been practicing alot..

They also played in tourney.........McAllen this weekend.....won one lost two..............played I believe 2 5A schools and 1 4A school. But was told they held their own just got tired only had 9 boys go to it so they played offense and defense.

I'm ready for some real football though;)

WOS1
06-20-2006, 03:35 PM
On this side of Texas it doesn't appear that the following have teams this year:
1. Jasper (surprisingly enough)
2. Silsbee
3. Hamshire Fanette
4. Hardin Jefferson

Whsdogs
06-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Abilene Wylie does NOT.

ACtuallllllly... wylie does have a 7 on 7 football team because i am the "coach" haha...or the person that did the paper work lol. They have played in 3 little tournaments here in abilene and have lost one to abilene high.

injuredinmelee
06-21-2006, 03:53 AM
holler at me when they are gonna play sometime Id love to watch.

olddawggreen
06-21-2006, 08:08 AM

Thats what I was thinking;)

thewyliefan
06-21-2006, 09:43 AM
yea abilene wylie does have a team, ive gone to a couple and they havnt really played any tough teams i guess you could say, they started out playing jim neds JV or something like that. It was a "tad" bit mis-matched if you ask me....why do they do that any ways??

AP Panther Fan
06-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Fish's mom Inglesides playing in a different league this year I know the played in Alice last Thurs night........Don't know whose all in league except Robstown...son said you can tell Robstown had been practicing alot..

I just heard last night that Aransas Pass was in Alice last week also...quite a drive for 7 on 7...

Robstown usually has a good team. I believe Sinton played them pre-season last year, but I can't remember who won. :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
06-21-2006, 10:11 AM
I just heard last night that Aransas Pass was in Alice last week also...quite a drive for 7 on 7...

Robstown usually has a good team. I believe Sinton played them pre-season last year, but I can't remember who won. :thinking:

Sinton/Robstown preseason in regular football, or 7-on-7 football?

AP Panther Fan
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Sinton/Robstown preseason in regular football, or 7-on-7 football?

regular football...I think I remember passing their stadium on the way to some forsaken place and thinking y'all were playing them at the time...:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
06-21-2006, 10:27 AM
regular football...I think I remember passing their stadium on the way to some forsaken place and thinking y'all were playing them at the time...:thinking:

we have them next 2 years... i dont remember playing them... i remember GP though

Adidas410s
06-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
yea abilene wylie does have a team, ive gone to a couple and they havnt really played any tough teams i guess you could say, they started out playing jim neds JV or something like that. It was a "tad" bit mis-matched if you ask me....why do they do that any ways??

I would think to find out if they even want to compete in 7-on-7. Glad to hear that they are finally getting around to playing in it. I like idea that the Wise County schools have of forming a league to play each other in. We could do that out here with Abilene, Cooper, Wylie, Jim Ned, Clyde, Merkel, Baird, Hawley, Anson, Stamford, Hamlin, Coleman, Winters, and Albany. Heck even Trent if they can find 7 kids to play! ;) That would be pretty cool I think.

pirate4state
06-21-2006, 10:47 AM
regular football...I think I remember passing their stadium on the way to some forsaken place and thinking y'all were playing them at the time...:thinking: I think we scrimmaged against Robstown last year.

AP Panther Fan
06-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think we scrimmaged against Robstown last year.

That was probably it, I think we must have been scrimmaging in San Diego or Banquete...

Whsdogs
06-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Wylie has been playing in the ACU tournaments on mondays...usually start at 5(for injured)

and yes wylie did play some not so good teams the first couple weeks....the first week they played they werent even on the schedule and just showed up and they ended up having teams forfeit so they let the wylie team play...then some paper work was done and now they are starting to play some actual good teams and look to play in a tournament in the first week of july to try to go to state.

Fish's mom
06-23-2006, 02:22 PM

I went to Calallen last night for 7 on 7. Seems all of our small league joined this group. Aransas, ingleside, Taft, Sinton playing with Alice, FB, Calallen, TM, Robstown, etc I know I saw alot of schools......I believe the concept is to improve with tougher competion..........Next week I believe they play in FB........

AP Fan if you miss the boys sports too much next year, you can always come cheer for Ingleside HAHAHA The more the merrier.

AP Panther Fan
06-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
I went to Calallen last night for 7 on 7. Seems all of our small league joined this group. Aransas, ingleside, Taft, Sinton playing with Alice, FB, Calallen, TM, Robstown, etc I know I saw alot of schools......I believe the concept is to improve with tougher competion..........Next week I believe they play in FB........

AP Fan if you miss the boys sports too much next year, you can always come cheer for Ingleside HAHAHA The more the merrier.

I might just do that! We have a nephew that plays for Ingleside, but I'm not sure if he will be JV or Varsity. Also have a niece in the band. Good kids!:D