PDA

View Full Version : Tuminello Requesting Transfer Papers to Gilmer

Haunta Yo
06-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Tuminello Requesting Transfer Papers from Mesquite ISD, to...
...Gilmer.

Smoaky.com has learned former Canton all-state receiver Houston Tuminello is requesting a transfer from Mesquite High School to Gilmer High School.

Mesquite head football coach Steve Halpin confirmed today that he received a phone call and fax from Gilmer I.S.D. requesting transfer papers.

Tuminello, who will be a junior next season, was an all-state receiver at Canton High School before transferring to Mesquite High School during the spring.

Interesting note is Tuminello is also listed in Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine as a member of the Rockwall Christian football program (page 355).

Gilmer athletic director and head football coach Jeff Traylor has requested all questions about Tuminello's status be directed to his high school principal, Gary Whitwell.

Tuminello has been working out in Gilmer for a few weeks, and participated with Gilmer's 7-on-7 team this past weekend in Paris.

Smoaky

Remember, Tuminello's committment is non-binding, but if Gilmer can hang on to him, Rivals100 has stated they will restructure their 2006 Rankings accordingly:

1 Southern Cal
2 Florida
3 Florida State
4 Georgia
5 Texas
6 Penn State
7 LSU
8 Notre Dame
9 GILMER
10 Auburn

injuredinmelee
06-20-2006, 12:25 AM
thats funny stuff.

Old Tiger
06-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Remember, Tuminello's committment is non-binding, but if Gilmer can hang on to him, Rivals100 has stated they will restructure their 2006 Rankings accordingly:

1 Southern Cal
2 Florida
3 Florida State
4 Georgia
5 Texas
6 Penn State
7 LSU
8 Notre Dame
9 GILMER
10 Auburn lol

KTJ
06-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Why all of the transfers to Gilmer all of a sudden?

Is this Celina all over again?

:D

;)

kaorder1999
06-20-2006, 08:05 AM
the uIL has no backbone and will probably approve this. Sad Sad

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
the uIL has no backbone and will probably approve this. Sad Sad

it hasn't even gone before them yet for approval. Doesn't somebody have to appeal it for them to get involved?

STANG RED
06-20-2006, 08:27 AM
:thinking: Hmmmmm
Me thinkith something stinkith in Gilmermark.:rolleyes:

Phil C
06-20-2006, 08:30 AM
I knowed all along they (the UIL) were setting a bad precident when they approved the first one. Now we will wait and see if ye ole double standard applies to other schools. The GodFather was right on again as usual.

Aesculus gilmus
06-20-2006, 08:35 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

kaorder1999
06-20-2006, 08:54 AM
someone in Gilmer's district will not approve it just like in the Kinne case. BUT....the UIL will lay down and say do what you want to do

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
someone in Gilmer's district will not approve it just like in the Kinne case. BUT....the UIL will lay down and say do what you want to do

maybe once they realized that they have screwed up so much trying to legislate in previous cases that they are just taking a "laissez faire" approach to this kind of stuff

kaorder1999
06-20-2006, 09:09 AM
something needs to be dont to stop this crap....its sickening

BTEXDAD
06-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo

1 Southern Cal
2 Florida
3 Florida State
4 Georgia
5 Texas
6 Penn State
7 LSU
8 Notre Dame
9 GILMER
10 Auburn

excellent, Haunta. LOL

Gilmer has shot at national championship

lostaussie
06-20-2006, 09:34 AM
i think i'm gonna throw up.

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
You'll have to wait your turn. :D

Gobbla2001
06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
This just in: Recruiting has been changed to Gilmering in the dictionary...

I dunno if this is recruiting, you can't help it if kids want to come to your school, but it's obviously one of those things where a kid can have strings pulled for another...

Is this kid's life being threatened too?

Hell, we don't know all the details, but it's kind of fishy (which is under review, fishy may be changed to bucky in the dictionary)...

mistanice
06-20-2006, 12:16 PM
may as well just let Moye play the whole season, i say :)

Gobbla2001
06-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
may as well just let Moye play the whole season, i say :)

Yah right...

Moye got bent over by the UIL...

Emerson1
06-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Which Mesquite school is he going to.

injuredinmelee
06-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Moye did get screwed.

Gobbla2001
06-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Which Mesquite school is he going to.

Must not be as good as Gilmer ha...

injured... I dunno if he got screwed at the time of his case, but after what happened with Kinne J in Gilmer it updated his status to screwed...

lostaussie
06-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Hell, we don't know all the details nor do we. evidently the old adage "if you build it, they will come" is in effect. let's let this play out. i really don't see how this will go through.

AP Panther Fan
06-20-2006, 01:04 PM

this should make everyone sick...it certainly gives the appearance of a "well orchestrated" plan.....

we'll see....:mad:

Bullaholic
06-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm going to "weigh in" (for what that is worth) on this one just like I did on the Kinne transfer approval. I don't think the UIL approves this transfer. To my knowledge, this kid Tuminello doesn't have the compelling circumstances to justify his reason for transfer like Kinne did, so this one seems unlikely. We'll see.

icu812
06-20-2006, 02:13 PM
For those of you who haven't seen this kid play. He has a great arm too, last year I saw him throw the refs flag at least 20-30 yards across the field. Be glad you don't have that kind of talent on your team.

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by icu812
last year I saw him throw the refs flag at least 20-30 yards across the field.
And sounds like he's got great sportsmanship to go with the talent. :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm going to "weigh in" (for what that is worth) on this one just like I did on the Kinne transfer approval. I don't think the UIL approves this transfer. To my knowledge, this kid Tuminello doesn't have the compelling circumstances to justify his reason for transfer like Kinne did, so this one seems unlikely. We'll see.

Kinne saying he didnt feel safe in Canton is a load of crap. He felt safe enough to lead them to the semi's. His dad felt safe enough. It was all CRAP! If the UIL approves this transfer then the whole sate needs to secede from the UIL in protest and form another organization.

Emerson1
06-20-2006, 02:24 PM
For those of you who haven't seen this kid play. He has a great arm too, last year I saw him throw the refs flag at least 20-30 yards across the field. Be glad you don't have that kind of talent on your team.
When the coach is doing the same kind of things it rubs off on the players.

Bullaholic
06-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Kinne saying he didnt feel safe in Canton is a load of crap. He felt safe enough to lead them to the semi's. His dad felt safe enough. It was all CRAP! If the UIL approves this transfer then the whole sate needs to secede from the UIL in protest and form another organization.

Not trying to re-visit the Kinne transfer, injured, but the UIL had to consider the possibility of the danger to G.J. Kinne and had to "ere" on the side of caution under the circumstances. I see no such compelling extraneous circumstances in the Tuminello request for transfer.

lostaussie
06-20-2006, 02:34 PM
For those of you who haven't seen this kid play. He has a great arm too, last year I saw him throw the refs flag at least 20-30 yards across the field. Be glad you don't have that kind of talent on your team. if and when he plays for Gilmer he will lose that attitude or he will never see his first play in a buckeye uniform. if he were to do something like that in a game he won't have to worry about the next game. i firmly believe that.

icu812
06-20-2006, 02:39 PM
When the coach is doing the same kind of things it rubs off on the players.

Oh so true. They had 45 yrds. of unsportmanlike pennalties on that one play. In addition to throwing the flag, 15 yards were on the head coach for not getting out of the center of the field and 15 for a player punching the punter (that player wasnt ejected but got so mad he went to the field house). The best part was that the head coach of this mental meltdown received the national coach of the year award. The kid has great hands and Gilmer has a very good coaching staff. Maybe they can do some good for him.

IHS Fan
06-20-2006, 03:12 PM
ingleside could use an experienced quarterback. can we just order one or do we go thru the U.I.L. recruiting ofice?

WOS1
06-20-2006, 03:17 PM
If the coach from Mesquite signs the transfer papers and states he is transfering for athletic reasons then he will have to sit out for a year before he can play varsity ball (like Moye). If the school appeals it then it will go to the district committee and if they turn down the appeal it can then be appealed to the UIL I believe.

Any way, I do not see how on earth they can approve this. The kid will, more than likely, be sitting out a year.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, a kid can't play 7 on 7 with a school he did not finish the year with. If it's true that he is playing 7 on 7 with Gilmer, they may be in violation.

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
ingleside could use an experienced quarterback. can we just order one or do we go thru the U.I.L. recruiting ofice?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

pirate4state
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
ingleside could use an experienced quarterback. can we just order one or do we go thru the U.I.L. recruiting ofice? :thinking: LMAO!!!

icu812
06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Also, if I'm not mistaken, a kid can't play 7 on 7 with a school he did not finish the year with. If it's true that he is playing 7 on 7 with Gilmer, they may be in violation.

I don't know about that one. Canton is playing with Edgewood's (2A) star RB who just transfered to Canton. The news broke about him transfering last week, but he may have transfered just before school was out, I don't know.

Emerson1
06-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Oh so true. They had 45 yrds. of unsportmanlike pennalties on that one play. In addition to throwing the flag, 15 yards were on the head coach for not getting out of the center of the field and 15 for a player punching the punter (that player wasnt ejected but got so mad he went to the field house). The best part was that the head coach of this mental meltdown received the national coach of the year award. The kid has great hands and Gilmer has a very good coaching staff. Maybe they can do some good for him.
People would of never heard of him if he wasn't shot. Apparently getting shot makes your a good coach, I've read other stories on smoaky about how he is always racking up penalties for the same kind of stuff.

Gobbla2001
06-20-2006, 05:39 PM
if and when he plays for Gilmer he will lose that attitude or he will never see his first play in a buckeye uniform. if he were to do something like that in a game he won't have to worry about the next game. i firmly believe that.

Yah, boot his butt out if he does that, y'all can have his replacement overnighted to Gilmer in time for Saturday practice haha (gotta get some humor out of it)

Gobbla2001
06-20-2006, 05:41 PM
People would of never heard of him if he wasn't shot. Apparently getting shot makes your a good coach, I've read other stories on smoaky about how he is always racking up penalties for the same kind of stuff.

Did a helluva a job this last year after being gunned down, that's for sure...

Hey, I have an idea K, I mean Emerson1... we shoot each other at the same (make sure it's not fatal) and see if we can get free cars or something...:thinking:

Chief Woodman
06-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Say it ain't so!

gtownpoke
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
His PAP form has already been signed by his old school and says not for athletic purposes. if he is living in gilmer and the vote by the district passes that's it isnt it?

District303aPastPlayer
06-20-2006, 05:46 PM
umm... can we form a super south texas team in Sinton in 2 years? Just so we can win it all or something.

Gobbla2001
06-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
that's it isnt it?

Damn, you're excited...

I forget the rules but if that's it then that's that...

big daddy russ
06-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
umm... can we form a super south texas team in Sinton in 2 years? Just so we can win it all or something.
We can consolidate all that talent that's at West Oso and Aransas Pass, throw in a few of Ingleside's kids, and have ourselves a mini-Gilmer.

gtownpoke
06-20-2006, 06:08 PM
im glad he's moving in and with that addition at WR I think gilmer will be able to put some more talent in the secondary which is an area that needs attention. not really all that excited because I expected this team to do really well this season anyways.

Gobbla2001
06-20-2006, 06:24 PM
This is more than just the freeing up talent to put in the secondary, this is a bad-A WR who is USED to catching bombs from Kinne... that should be bucky/fishy enough right there...

There are about 1,000 schools that compete in high school football in the state... Chosing Gilmer automatically points at the relationship between the two on the football field... athletic reasons...

I had plenty of friends who moved away when I was younger, I didn't say "John moved, let's go with him"...

Alert: If this goes through, all athletes move to Canton and then chose Gilmer, there is a pipeline there leading straight to Gilmer (possible stops in Mesquite thank you for flying the Canton to Gilmer pipeline)...

Does that pipeline go anywhere else? Like, I dunno, Palacios?

Chris Hart
06-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure I agree with the Kinne transfer to begin with, but, I can stomach that one due to the 'possibility' of being retaliated on by the shooter's son/friends. However, if this one passes, then there is some serious stuff going on with the UIL and Gilmer. I don't see this one being accepted without the kid sitting a year from varsity sports. If this one is accepted, something needs to be done. I have nothing against Gilmer, and have even pulled for them on occasion, but if this goes through, I'll definately be pulling against them...:confused:

kaorder1999
06-21-2006, 08:05 AM
i could be wrong about this but a friend of mine in Mesquite said that he was removed from the program for certain reasons unknown....apparantly he and the coach were not seeing eye to eye

LH Panther Mom
06-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
but if this goes through, I'll definately be pulling against them...:confused:
I doubt you'll be the only one.....

Gobbla2001
06-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I doubt you'll be the only one.....

Hell, if Cuero goes D1 I'll put for Gilmer to get to state so we can too... may not have gotten the best team the right way, but you gotta play the best I guess...

But, then again, they still have to get on the field and win some games before we get that far... I've seen talent bow down before stronger chemistry etc...

JasperDog94
06-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Moye did get screwed. Not by the old rules, but certainly by the new ones.

lostaussie
06-23-2006, 01:54 PM
come on guys and girls. this thread has recieved over 10300 views on smoaky.com. we can do better than this:D

Adidas410s
06-23-2006, 01:56 PM
come on guys and girls. this thread has recieved over 10300 views on smoaky.com. we can do better than this:D

LOL...that's sad.

44INAROW
06-23-2006, 01:56 PM

ROFL.........

LH Panther Mom
06-23-2006, 07:58 PM
10,850+ now. :eek: Lots of "interesting" information/rumors in that thread. :thinking: If only half of the posts that aren't "opinion" are true, what a crock.

lostaussie
06-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
10,850+ now. :eek: Lots of "interesting" information/rumors in that thread. :thinking: If only half of the posts that aren't "opinion" are true, what a crock. its all opinion. ya'll need to get over it. we didn't go looking for them. it's my OPINION they want to win. thats why they moved to Gilmer. but that is all it is, an OPINION.

LH Panther Mom
06-23-2006, 09:25 PM
its all opinion. ya'll need to get over it. we didn't go looking for them. it's my OPINION they want to win. thats why they moved to Gilmer. but that is all it is, an OPINION.
I was only referring to the "residency" stuff, past and present. I don't give a rat's butt about anyone moving where they do. But, if in fact his parents didn't actually LIVE in the house in Canton, just visited on the weekends, then that alone is a violation, if I'm not mistaken. Most everyone's got opinions about why, etc and I personally don't care WHY, nor do I have an opinion about WHY.

Txbroadcaster
06-23-2006, 09:27 PM
I said it on Smoaky and I will it here...Gilmer did not recruit this kid...He left Mesquite to play with Kinne in Canton because they have been friends along time.

Last year as a SOPH he was an All-Stater...because of Kinne and the offense.

HE moved back to Mesquite BEFORE Kinne left Canton. So when Kinne goes to Gilmer, same offense, best friend starting QB, a great team, the decision is to move to Gilmer.

This is not about the coaches going after him. This is about him going after Kinne.

My thing is, he will NOT put up the same numbers, or anywhere close. Someone called him a Bad-A WR..maybe, but he does not have the speed of the Gilmer WR, or honestly the skills. He was the main target in Canton, mainly because Canton had solid but not great WR, in Gilmer he will be a 4th option most of the time.

LH Panther Mom
06-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Gilmer did not recruit this kid...
I've never thought they did. :)

Fish's mom
06-24-2006, 12:24 AM

IHS Fan I believe we'll be just fine with the one we have, but I'm biased.:) But this could be a great idea,(we could request 6'4", with speed, and an arm that could throw an accurrate bullet) It would take a lot of pressure off the one we have and he'd get to play where he always has played. Oh, I forgot he keeps getting moved around. Dang, number keeps changing too.........What's wrong with having a larger number as a quarterback. Is there some unwritten or written rule that only little numbers go to quarterbacks?:thinking:

pirate4state
06-24-2006, 01:04 AM
What are you guys talking about? :thinking: Recruiting? Transfers? Football??? This is the off-season where only frivilous things are discussed!! :mad: :mad:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!

piratebg
06-24-2006, 01:05 AM
WOW

Your are really working hard to hit 7000 tonight, aren't ya?

pirate4state
06-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
WOW

Your are really working hard to hit 7000 tonight, aren't ya? Yeah, but I'm really sleepy so I don't think it's gonna happen. :(

Ranger Mom
06-24-2006, 01:21 AM
I said it on Smoaky and I will it here...Gilmer did not recruit this kid...He left Mesquite to play with Kinne in Canton because they have been friends along time.

Last year as a SOPH he was an All-Stater...because of Kinne and the offense.

HE moved back to Mesquite BEFORE Kinne left Canton. So when Kinne goes to Gilmer, same offense, best friend starting QB, a great team, the decision is to move to Gilmer.

This is not about the coaches going after him. This is about him going after Kinne.

My thing is, he will NOT put up the same numbers, or anywhere close. Someone called him a Bad-A WR..maybe, but he does not have the speed of the Gilmer WR, or honestly the skills. He was the main target in Canton, mainly because Canton had solid but not great WR, in Gilmer he will be a 4th option most of the time.

I was never one who thought the Gilmer coaches were recruiting...but man, your post sure makes it sound like he is moving for athletic purposes....his OWN purpose maybe, but athletic purposes nonetheless!

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2006, 05:29 AM
Yes I do honestly believe it is for athletic purposes. No other reason he is making the move.

His family is claiming the father( an evangelist) just wants a smaller community, and his son was threatened at Canton as well. Just not sure I can buy that

lostaussie
06-24-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was never one who thought the Gilmer coaches were recruiting...but man, your post sure makes it sound like he is moving for athletic purposes....his OWN purpose maybe, but athletic purposes nonetheless! i'm with you. i'm pretty sure he is moving for athletic purposes also. but still this is my opinion. thats all it is, an opinion. whoever hits the field for the buckeyes is who i will cheer for. thats what fans do.

District303aPastPlayer
06-24-2006, 07:07 AM
attway to be a true fan

44INAROW
06-24-2006, 11:21 AM

His family is claiming the father( an evangelist) just wants a smaller community, and his son was threatened at Canton as well. Just not sure I can buy that

What we need here is a good ole fashioned TENT REVIVAL..... that will straighten all this mess up :D :D :D :D

HillBoy
06-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't understand why all of these kids are moving around to play ball. What ever happend to being proud of where you were raised and the community you grew up in. I understand if a kid has to move for a reason other than athletic but just leaving all your other teamates in search of a championship is wrong to me. They should learn that winning it the old fashion way through hard work is something to be proud. I think we are watching the downfall of school pride.

Gobbla2001
06-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by HillBoy
I don't understand why all of these kids are moving around to play ball. What ever happend to being proud of where you were raised and the community you grew up in. I understand if a kid has to move for a reason other than athletic but just leaving all your other teamates in search of a championship is wrong to me. They should learn that winning it the old fashion way through hard work is something to be proud. I think we are watching the downfall of school pride.

In Kinne's case his father had relocated and I'm not even sure if they were originally from Canton anyway...

The other guy's parents may have moved or something so who knows...

But yah, it does suck when kids actually do what you are talking about...

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2006, 01:06 PM
No Kinne was a coach in the Mesquite system( was LB coach for MEsquite state champ team) and became a head coach in Canton.