06-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Len Bias died today 20 years ago...

Who is that?

District303aPastPlayer
06-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Who is that?

#1 Draft Pick of the Boston Celtics in 1986... Was being looked at in the Jordan type caliber to bring back luster to Boston after McHale and Bird left

Ranger Mom
06-19-2006, 04:45 PM
#1 Draft Pick of the Boston Celtics in 1986... Was being looked at in the Jordan type caliber to bring back luster to Boston after McHale and Bird left

Oh!! How did he die?

District303aPastPlayer
06-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh!! How did he die?

Cocaine Induced Heart Attack :(

injuredinmelee
06-19-2006, 04:56 PM
terrible that he threw his own life away like that.

eagles_victory
06-19-2006, 05:16 PM
#1 Draft Pick of the Boston Celtics in 1986... Was being looked at in the Jordan type caliber to bring back luster to Boston after McHale and Bird left what was Jordan caliber in 86 being that he had been in the league for all but two years and his career wasnt anything close to what it became. Bias was a good player but come on now your gonna have to let me borrow a couple dollars to buy that bs comparison

District303aPastPlayer
06-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
what was Jordan caliber in 86 being that he had been in the league for all but two years and his career wasnt anything close to what it became. Bias was a good player but come on now your gonna have to let me borrow a couple dollars to buy that bs comparison

tell that to Mike Wilbon... he is the one who directly stated that

eagles_victory
06-19-2006, 05:36 PM
tell that to Mike Wilbon... he is the one who directly stated that the Celtics has just won a championship that season i dont think they were struggling. Why are you stealing other peoples quotes and making it sound like you said them :clap:

kepdawg
06-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
what was Jordan caliber in 86 being that he had been in the league for all but two years and his career wasnt anything close to what it became. Bias was a good player but come on now your gonna have to let me borrow a couple dollars to buy that bs comparison

Jordan caliber in 86 is better than almost all players in the league since then. Just look at his college accolades and his NBA stats and you will see the quality caliber of Jordan in 86. Obviously he hadn't won championships, but he wasn't a slouch. Don't forget his 63 point playoff game against Boston was in 86!

Txbroadcaster
06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes the Celtics were still good,but what Bias would have done for them would have been able to extend the careers of Bird and Mchale in his early years because he could have helped with the load.

Remember in 87 the Celtics made it to the finals, but they were dead legged and Mchale had a hurt foot. Bias would have been there to step up.

I know alot of u dont remember him, because College basketball was not on every channel like it is now, but this kid was the real deal.

I would not compare him to Jordan, but think of a Lebron James if he had went to college. Bias was 6'8 and could run the floor better than most 6'4 guards, but what made him so great was he already had a great in the lane game. He had a soft one hand hook he could do with both hands, he also could rebound.

Here is a tribute to him that shows some of his play, including the famous score-steal in bound-then reverse dunks with just a simple jump step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHB7TAoUUc

Chief Woodman
06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
sad