PDA

View Full Version : If You're Mark Cuban

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 04:32 PM
do you give Jason Terry a max contract this summer?

Emerson1
06-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Not sure if they will need to. Terry has talked about how he always wanted to play in Dallas. Don't think he would go back to atlanta just for more money.

injuredinmelee
06-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Not sure if they will need to. Terry has talked about how he always wanted to play in Dallas. Don't think he would go back to atlanta just for more money.
esp since the ATL sucks at bball. But the ATL is the trendy place for black professionals in all career fields.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Not sure if they will need to. Terry has talked about how he always wanted to play in Dallas. Don't think he would go back to atlanta just for more money. all the more reason to, i think. kinda like a reward saying your very appreciated.

slpybear the bullfan
06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
He and Howard are the only ones showing up so far in this series...

DIRK is MIA

big daddy russ
06-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Jason Terry is not a max contract player, IMHO. He's EXTREMELY valuable to the success of Dallas, but a max contract player is a guy who is a franchise player. A Dirk, a Timmy Duncan, a LeBron James, etc. To me, if he gets a max contract he goes down in history as a Keith Van Horn/Eddie Jones/Joe Johnson-type player... a guy who is a good ballplayer and can IMPROVE a team, but isn't the guy you'd build your team around.

All those guys were given max contracts and their teams suffered because of it. During his prime, Jones was the best perimeter defender in the league, was lethal from long range, and was averaging 20 ppg year-in, year-out... one of the best two-guards in the league.

Looking at it that way, I'd offer Terry a deal of somewhere around 7 years/$60 million.

DISCLAIMER: They may have shortened the length of a max contract with last year's CBA, but I can't remember. If so, I'd offer him max years for an average of just under $10 million a year... i.e. 5 years/$45 mil. It would make him one of the five highest-paid PG's in the league, and he would get to play for a contender.

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm hate the Mavs, but since I know Josh Howard is a free agent, he'd be my top priority. Just my opinion;)

DaHop72
06-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I'm hate the Mavs We would have never quessed.:evil: :evil:

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 11:00 PM
yea, but I gotta give props when they are due, Howard is a beast and I would love to have him on my team, if I had one.:clap: