PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

CHS_CG
06-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Over the weekend, two young guys were in an accident. They were not wearing their seatbelts and were thrown from the truck and life flighted to the hospital. One has a broken spine and underwent surgery yesterday. The other has a very messed up spine and both may paralyzed. Although one could move his toes. Please keep both the Garbs family and the Brinkman family in your prayers.

kaorder1999
06-19-2006, 10:32 AM
thats horrible

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 10:35 AM
sorry to hear...was this in Caldwell?

CHS_CG
06-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
sorry to hear...was this in Caldwell?

yes down FM 2000, if you have ever been to the high school there is a FM road right across the turn off to the HS... there are a lot of wrecks down that road. Its a very hilly/ curvey road. People go way to fast down it at night and even the day.

CHS_CG
06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I was also just told that one of the boys was playing football a few years a go and took a hard lick that caused his spleen to open and was never going to play again.

Fish's mom
06-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Prayers go out to them and their families and friends. May god give them a speedy recovery.

From Ingleside

fb_gurl
06-20-2006, 08:05 AM
More of an update, both the boys had been out for the night and were headed out to one of the boys families land. About a 1/4 of a mile down 2000 ran off the road and over corrected to get back on, lost control and rolled the truck 3 times. Both flew out of the truck, neither was wearing a seatbelt.

Last I heard both are in stable condition and will make it. Both may have some very troubling problems afterward.

And a correction to CHS_CG's original post.... It is the Garbs family and Brinkman family.

CHS_CG
06-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by fb_gurl
More of an update, both the boys had been out for the night and were headed out to one of the boys families land. About a 1/4 of a mile down 2000 ran off the road and over corrected to get back on, lost control and rolled the truck 3 times. Both flew out of the truck, neither was wearing a seatbelt.

Last I heard both are in stable condition and will make it. Both may have some very troubling problems afterward.

And a correction to CHS_CG's original post.... It is the Garbs family and Brinkman family.

I knew that.. just wasnt paying attention lol.

CHS_CG
06-22-2006, 03:29 PM
little update as far as i am told.

Cole Garbs is in an induced coma, his spine looks to be shattered, Kyle Brinkman is awake and talking, but is most likely goin to be paralyzed from the waist down if not more. He broke his spine in 2. When they were at the accident they were trying to move what they thought were Cole's feet off of Kyle's shoulders and it turns out it was Kyle's own feet on his own shoulders. I will post more as one of the guys I work with talk to the families. Just please keep both kids and families in your prayers!