PDA

View Full Version : Be Encouraged Mavs Fans!

Phil C
06-19-2006, 09:25 AM
The next two games are in Dallas and that will be a big help. The only thing is Dallas must not think that gives them the decided edge. They must come out and play well and make those baskets especially when it really counts in the fourth quarter. The Heat has a big edge now at 3 - 2 but hopefully the Mavs will be at their best Tuesday night and force a 7th game. We will see. I am a Spurs fan but still hope the Mavs can pull it off. Sorry I don't have a Mavs auto flag to drive around town in like I did for UT and the Spurs (Sinton Pirate auto flags are no longer available). Go Mavs!

Phil C
06-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Go Mavs!

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Want me to find a flag and overnight it to you? I'm sure there is a Mavs Fan Shop somewhere down south of San Antonio!!! :rolleyes: Then again...with the (lack of) success that the Spurs had this season when you pulled out the flag...it may not be in our best interests! However, at this point anything is better than what has occured in the past week. Thanks for the support Phil! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 09:28 AM
GO MAVS...AND GO PHIL!!! :thumbsup:

Phil C
06-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I need to use reverse psychology maybe ad.

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I need to use reverse psychology maybe ad.

driving in reverse...what a great idea! Don't know how your wife would feel about it though! ;)

Bullaholic
06-19-2006, 09:32 AM
As "Slingblade" would say, Phil---"I like the way you talk."
At this point the Mav's attitude would have to be like Custer yelling to his troops---"Don't take any prisioners." Go Mavs! Win 2 in a row.

pirate44
06-19-2006, 11:15 AM
go mavs.

D_bird
06-19-2006, 01:40 PM
I don't know about y'all but I think this is one of those series that the home team will win every game in.

That being said, the Heat do have the momentum.

Also I believe that regardless of who wins or who loses, the MVP of the series will be Dwayne Wade.

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Let's GO HEAT!!!!:flamingma :clap: One more win!!!

Macarthur
06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
I must admit I was one of the one's that thought this would go 6, at most.

I do give some credit to the Heat for pretty good defense, but if the Mavs lose this, it will be the biggest collapse in NBA finals history, IMO.

The dominated the first two games and were up 13 with 4 minutes left in game 3. Since then, they have been uncharacteristically sloppy and unagressive. I don't mean to dis the Heat, but this would be a case of the Mavs losing the series rather than the Heat winning it.

For the record, I still think the Mavs will show up and win the next 2.

Phil C
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by D_bird
I don't know about y'all but I think this is one of those series that the home team will win every game in.

That being said, the Heat do have the momentum.

Also I believe that regardless of who wins or who loses, the MVP of the series will be Dwayne Wade.

Let's hope you are right and I agree with you on Dwayne Wade being MVP win or lose based on the games so far. His credibility as to being injured has suffered. Either his injuries were not that bad or he was faking. It would be nice for him to be probably the first MVP from a losing team. :)

Bullaholic
06-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Let's GO HEAT!!!!:flamingma :clap: One more win!!!

I may have missed it in an earlier thread, but would you care to share why you "hate" the Mavs PHS Wildcats?

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I may have missed it in an earlier thread, but would you care to share why you "hate" the Mavs PHS Wildcats?

cuz he has nothing better to do. He's never given a good reason...just that he doesn't like the Mavs. I guess it's easy to always hate on a team that, until recent years, has never been a winning team except for 2 years in the 80's. Now that they are winning and your team isn't...you just feel like you will be a jerk to others about it. If you are pro-Miami, then that is one thing...however you aren't. You are just anti-Dallas. When the Mavs and Spurs played, there was typical fan banter going back and forth. However, once that series was over Spurs fans were supporting the Mavs (with the exception of Bandera YaYa) as they represent Texas and the Western Conference. Show some class PHS!!! SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
So are you telling me that since I live in Dallas that I should root for Dallas:doh: I gave my reason in an earlier thread.

Phil C
06-19-2006, 02:34 PM
So are you telling me that since I live in Dallas that I should root for Dallas:doh: I gave my reason in an earlier thread.

When in Rome do as the Romans do. :)

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 02:34 PM
When in Rome do as the Romans do. :)

:( But I don't want to!!:(

DaHop72
06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
:( But I don't want to!!:( :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Phil C
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
:( But I don't want to!!:(

It is wise to do so. :)

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 02:41 PM
hold on let me think about it:thinking: .........Me actually rooting for Mark Cuban:doh: :hairpunk: NEVER!!!!!:clap:

pirate4state
06-19-2006, 02:43 PM
I've never understood why people think you MUST root for the home team? I'll tell you why I don't like Dallas. When I was living there, they sucked! I went to 5 different games all to watch OTHER basketball teams and their players. The (2) Lakers, Bulls, Rockets and memory fails me, but I can't remember the other team. Anyway, I stopped watching (as a true fan of the sport) when all the greats that I grew up watching were gone: Byrd, McHale, Ainge, Magic, Kareen, Hakeem Olajawon, Rodman just to name a few. I've always been a fan of players vs. teams. Which is why I'm rooting for Miami...I like Big Daddy Shaq!! :D SO SUE ME!!! :tongue:

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 02:43 PM

I never said that. As I stated in an earlier thread, if you "don't have a dog in the fight"...why not stay out of it as opposed to being an antagonizer? You don't like Dallas...we get that. You don't like Miami either...you don't care about Miami. Why not allow Dallas to enjoy their 1st ever time in the Finals instead of being the jerk who is always looking to put others down when you aren't a fan of their team or the team they are playing?

Phil C
06-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I've never understood why people think you MUST root for the home team? I'll tell you why I don't like Dallas. When I was living there, they sucked! I went to 5 different games all to watch OTHER basketball teams and their players. The (2) Lakers, Bulls, Rockets and memory fails me, but I can't remember the other team. Anyway, I stopped watching (as a true fan of the sport) when all the greats that I grew up watching were gone: Byrd, McHale, Ainge, Magic, Kareen, Hakeem Olajawon, Rodman just to name a few. I've always been a fan of players vs. teams. Which is why I'm rooting for Miami...I like Big Daddy Shaq!! :D SO SUE ME!!! :tongue:

You must work on improving your attitude. :)

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I never said that. As I stated in an earlier thread, if you "don't have a dog in the fight"...why not stay out of it as opposed to being an antagonizer? You don't like Dallas...we get that. You don't like Miami either...you don't care about Miami. Why not allow Dallas to enjoy their 1st ever time in the Finals instead of being the jerk who is always looking to put others down when you aren't a fan of their team or the team they are playing?

Oh but you are wrong. I like Shaq, no I don't have a team in the NBA, but I like players. I want to see Shaq get another title and don't want to see Crybaby cuban win one.

pirate4state
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
You must work on improving your attitude. :) It'll never happen!!! :p NOW SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

Phil C
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Oh but you are wrong. I like Shaq, no I don't have a team in the NBA, but I like players. I want to see Shaq get another title and don't want to see Crybaby cuban win one.

You must work on improving your attitude. :)

DaHop72
06-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
memory fails me And I agree with you P4, it just tends to happen more often than we like these days.:D

pirate4state
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And I agree with you P4, it just tends to happen more often than we like these days.:D It is gonna drive me :crazy: (I know, short trip :rolleyes: ) until I remember!! :doh: