PDA

View Full Version : Howard's T.O

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 12:45 AM
OK people, they showed the replay about 4 or 5 times. Howard was at the FT line and saw Avery calling for a T.O after the 2nd FT, but Howard called T.O and started walking to the bench and then called it again. So he DID signal a T.O, but I'm sure the Mavs fan will find a way to make the replay a lie:)

Bulldog_12
06-19-2006, 12:48 AM
"Josh Howard goes to Joe DeRosa and not only once, but twice, asked for a timeout. Forced to call it, simple as that," crew chief Joe Crawford told a pool reporter.

This comes straight from ESPN.com

Quote is halfway down (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260618014)

kaorder1999
06-19-2006, 12:50 AM
there is not one mav fan that will say they got screwed with the TO deal. Howard screwed up. He knows it.

Emerson1
06-19-2006, 12:51 AM
They got screwed right before with the phantom foul.

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
there is not one mav fan that will say they got screwed witht he to deal. Howard screwed up. He knows it.

Check the poll question!!! There's some people that disagree with you.

kaorder1999
06-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Check the poll question!!! There's some people that disagree with you.

what are you talking about?

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 12:58 AM
what are you talking about?

the poll question, "Which blown call was worse"

kaorder1999
06-19-2006, 01:00 AM
and did you read where they went on to say that it was Avery that blew the call by flashing the TO sign to Howard....leading to Howard calling the timeout. They werent saying anything about the refs blowing the call.

Emerson1
06-19-2006, 01:02 AM
This guy doesn't know what he is talking about, the heat bandwagon is so full there is little air for him to breath.

kaorder1999
06-19-2006, 01:02 AM
earlier i was saying that there isnt a mavs fan that would say they got screwed (by the refs) witht eh TO deal. Howard called the TO. Thats his fault. Did it hurt their chances for winning. Of course.

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 01:07 AM
and did you read where they went on to say that it was Avery that blew the call by flashing the TO sign to Howard....leading to Howard calling the timeout. They werent saying anything about the refs blowing the call.

Come on now, how many times do I have to say this, I'm not a Heat bandwagon fan. I am and will forever be an "ANTI-MAVS FAN"!!! Please get it right!!!!!:doh:

DU_stud04
06-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Come on now, how many times do I have to say this, I'm not a Heat bandwagon fan. I am and will forever be an "ANTI-MAVS FAN"!!! Please get it right!!!!!:doh:

that goes for me as well!:D

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
that goes for me as well!:D

HI-5:clap:

DU_stud04
06-19-2006, 01:28 AM
::high-5!::

like how were both in the metroplex and going against their team:D

Rabbit'93
06-19-2006, 05:59 AM
can you get more gay that doing a high five over the internet?

About the TO. One ref was telling every one to get back on the floor because he heard Avery say after the second shot. The ball was dead so they should have gotten it right.

3afan
06-19-2006, 06:43 AM

i still dont get that - just 'cause some people you work with are whiners you want your home town team to lose ...

STANG RED
06-19-2006, 07:23 AM
I dont know why this thread is even called "Howards time out". It was Avery Johnsons time out!!! Howard just made the call. I saw Avery trying to make the call, and so did Howard. Howard had no choice in the matter. He was just doing what the coach wanted. I'm a big fan of Avery Johnsons, but he blew it, in both game 3 & game 5, plain and simple. But he wasnt the only one. Dirk and the rest of the Mavs have to take their fair share of the blame as well.

DaHop72
06-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
::high-5!::

like how were both in the metroplex and going against their team:D Twins, seperated at birth. Glad you're back together.:devil:

kaorder1999
06-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont know why this thread is even called "Howards time out". It was Avery Johnsons time out!!! Howard just made the call. I saw Avery trying to make the call, and so did Howard. Howard had no choice in the matter. He was just doing what the coach wanted. I'm a big fan of Avery Johnsons, but he blew it, in both game 3 & game 5, plain and simple. But he wasnt the only one. Dirk and the rest of the Mavs have to take their fair share of the blame as well.

According to Avery he was telling them to call a timeout after the free throw whether or not Wade made it.

lostaussie
06-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
HAAAAA thats classic right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DU_stud04
06-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Twins, seperated at birth. Glad you're back together.:devil:

funny:)

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 08:27 AM

That made my day right there!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
06-19-2006, 10:11 AM

About the TO. One ref was telling every one to get back on the floor because he heard Avery say after the second shot. The ball was dead so they should have gotten it right.

yeah it was Joey Crawford .... but they talked about it ... guess the fact that Josh called it sealed it

kaorder1999
06-19-2006, 10:12 AM
yeah....Howard screwed it up. You could tell the refs didn't want to give them the TO because they understood what was going on. But when Howard called for the TO the second time they had to do it. I dont blame the refs one bit for that

Adidas410s
06-19-2006, 10:19 AM
yeah....Howard screwed it up. You could tell the refs didn't want to give them the TO because they understood what was going on. But when Howard called for the TO the second time they had to do it. I dont blame the refs one bit for that

Yeah....I never really thought he was looking over towards the ref. He started walking towards Avery. The "second" time I thought he was asking Avery "are we taking a TO here?" and was making the hand signal. Either way...we hit our free throws and this doesn't happen. You can question the free throw discrepancy...the questionable call on Wade at the end...was there a backcourt violation (I thought there was but when I didn't hear the announcers say anything I figured I didn't see it right)...but in the end Miami ended up with more points than Dallas did. On to Game 6...

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 02:17 PM

:clap: eats eating at you that your team is one loss from from pulling a "Phil Mickelson" that you have to resort to that.:clap:

DaHop72
06-19-2006, 02:19 PM
:clap: eats eating at you that your team is one loss from from pulling a "Phil Mickelson" that you have to resort to that.:clap: Note to PHS, check grammar and spelling.

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Note to PHS, check grammar and spelling.

Note to Dahop72, One more win:clap:

3afan
06-19-2006, 02:34 PM
I heard an interesting tidbit a while ago ... seems the officiating crew may have erred with respect to the timeout. If a timeout is called during a live ball, and play is stopped, then the timeout cannot be “taken back”. If the timeout is requested during a dead ball and the team who requested the timeout “never minds” it soon enough (subjective?), then it can be “ignored”. Interesting to say the least … obviously changes nothing but the league is supposed to issue a statement.