PDA

View Full Version : US Open

Bull Butter
06-18-2006, 06:03 PM
I can't believe Lefty turned into me on the 18th

Bull Butter
06-18-2006, 06:09 PM
The collapse is complete. Geoff Ogilvy wins his first major.

lostaussie
06-18-2006, 06:15 PM
gave it to an aussie:doh::D

Bull Butter
06-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Lefty wasn't the only one who fell apart. Monty choked as well.

lostaussie
06-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Lefty wasn't the only one who fell apart. Monty choked as well. yea, but we all wanted him to choke. can't say the same for Phil. i think Phil thought he had it won and put it on cruise control. cruise broke and he ran off the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!

injuredinmelee
06-18-2006, 06:24 PM
The driver off of the 18th tee was his undoing. He hadnt been able to control it most of the day and should have hit his 2 or 3 iron. As much as I hate to agree with the arse that is Johnny Miller, he was right when he said you can still pick up the trophy when you win ugly. So why not play it safe on 18?

Bull Butter
06-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Geoff's wife is from Texas, so that's nice.:)

DaHop72
06-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The driver off of the 18th tee was his undoing. He hadnt been able to control it most of the day and should have hit his 2 or 3 iron. As much as I hate to agree with the arse that is Johnny Miller, he was right when he said you can still pick up the trophy when you win ugly. So why not play it safe on 18?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You tell'em partner. I can't stand Miller, he hated on Phil all day, but it was a stupid play on his part. Hit a fairway wood, center of the green, two putt and take the money and run.

injuredinmelee
06-18-2006, 06:49 PM
I can remember when Tiger was starting to play in PGA events and Johny Miller was talking about him and said something like this, " He is good but he is no Arnold Palmer, Nicklaus, or Johnny Miller."

Maroon87
06-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Personally I think Miller is bitter towards some of these players 1) because they're better than he ever was and 2) they're more popular. He's just condescending. He's the only golf analyst that make me long for Ken Venturi (another bitter old guy).

gobbler grad
06-18-2006, 07:12 PM
choke...choke...choke...:mad:

a day he'll never forget...:thinking:

44INAROW
06-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Lefty wasn't the only one who fell apart. Monty choked as well.

yep........ was one of those moments where you could actually see "the wheels falling off the cart"

Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You tell'em partner. I can't stand Miller, he hated on Phil all day,

He was pretty hard on Phil for sure.......

STANG RED
06-19-2006, 07:31 AM
This may not have been quite as bad as Jon Claude VonDeVeld at the British Open a few years back, but it was close.
WHAT WAS LEFTY THINKING!?!?!?!?
Hit what ever long iron or fairway wood, you hit the straightest, and hit it. Also, his decision on how to play his second shot was just as desasterous. At that point, he should have been playing for the playoff. JUST GET IT BACK IN THE FAIRWAY PHIL!!!!

STANG RED
06-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Another thing about Phil. Is it just me, or has Phil really packed on the pounds lately? He barely even looks like himself in face anymore.