PDA

View Full Version : Texas blanks Oklahoma 17-0 in Oil Bowl

fury900
06-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Texas blanks Oklahoma 17-0 in Oil Bowl

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/local_sports/article/0,1891,TRN_5788_4783812,00.html

Carrolton Creekview’s Blake Beals was recognized as the defensive most valuable player of Saturday night’s Oil Bowl all-star football game.

The Oklahoma signee wreaked havoc against the state he will soon call home, making seven tackles, one-and-a-half sacks, two forced fumbles and a fumble recover

But the truth is, any one of three Texas defenders could have received the honor during Texas’ 17-0 whipping in front of an all-time low of 4,800 fans at Memorial Stadium.

Try Garland’s Tim Crosby, who picked off two passes. Or Plano’s Kinzey Joiner, whose 18-yard fumble return gave the home team a two-touchdown advantage.

In a game marred by nine personal fouls and 216 yards’ worth of penalties, Texas’ defense, headed by the ringleader Beals, was worth the price of admission.

"Defense feeds off of emotion, and that’s what we did," said Beals, referring to the game’s venomous late hits and scuffles. "We kicked their (tail). Did they have over 100 yards? I don’t even think so."

Gobbla2001
06-18-2006, 12:39 PM
HELL YES!!!

hawkfan
06-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I was at the game, and I was flat out embarassed by the class of the players. Out of that 216 yards of penalties, I think only 3 were not personals fouls. Texas even had 45 yards of penalties after a play on their first drive. Not to mention one of the Texas Players getting ejected. How on Earth can you get ejected from an all-star game? I honestly think that that was the only intention of some guys was to start fights and not worry about playing. I think the Oil Bowl commitee needs to take a closer look at who they are getting to play.

Matthew328
06-18-2006, 06:02 PM
well last year they had a bunch of well behaved kids and they got drilled 38-7.....I was down on the field and there was a lot of trash talk on both sides before the game....Texas kids said the Okies were talking trash all week....its been a while since they played a football game and I am sure that had a lot to do with it...

Haunta Yo
06-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
I was at the game, and I was flat out embarassed by the class of the players. Out of that 216 yards of penalties, I think only 3 were not personals fouls. Texas even had 45 yards of penalties after a play on their first drive. Not to mention one of the Texas Players getting ejected. How on Earth can you get ejected from an all-star game? I honestly think that that was the only intention of some guys was to start fights and not worry about playing. I think the Oil Bowl commitee needs to take a closer look at who they are getting to play.

It suonds lkie it was ptrety bad. Yuo're not alnoe in yuor obsrevation.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-18-2006, 07:17 PM
yea the trash talk isnt called for, neither is the personal fouls...but im glad we won.:D i will refrain from my comments about the northern border state. i dont want to offend anyone and get ROM'd.

Matthew328
06-18-2006, 08:35 PM
another thing I have noticed in all-star games it is tough to control a kids emotions...like you can in the season....its a tough position for coaches....last year the Oil Bowl committee was ripped for sending a subpar team to the game and getting killed..this year I guess they'll get ripped because they sent kids who talked too much trash...damned if you do...damned if you don't

hawkfan
06-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
another thing I have noticed in all-star games it is tough to control a kids emotions...like you can in the season....its a tough position for coaches....last year the Oil Bowl committee was ripped for sending a subpar team to the game and getting killed..this year I guess they'll get ripped because they sent kids who talked too much trash...damned if you do...damned if you don't

Well me and my father were talking, and we came to an agreement that the coaches should have adressed the kids and told them what is the truth. That he was in a unique position. He can play who he wants coach how he see fits and he is not going to have to hear mommy and daddy complaining. If they won't play by the rules, they can sit on the bench.

GreenMonster
06-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
It suonds lkie it was ptrety bad. Yuo're not alnoe in yuor obsrevation.

Haunta, either your keyboard is all jacked up or you have a serious drinking problem that needs to be addressed. Never seen anyone slur their words like that on the internet.

Haunta Yo
06-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Haunta, either your keyboard is all jacked up or you have a serious drinking problem that needs to be addressed. Never seen anyone slur their words like that on the internet.

Somenoe tkae me drnuk, I'm hmoe.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Haunta, either your keyboard is all jacked up or you have a serious drinking problem that needs to be addressed. Never seen anyone slur their words like that on the internet. no thats just how haunta types...to get attention no doubt.

Z motion 10 out on 2
06-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Well I again boycotted the Oil Bowl and looks like I wasn't alone. An all time low in attendance.

All I can say is that they should have played my son.

CHS_CG
06-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Somenoe tkae me drnuk, I'm hmoe.

oh come on even one of our "ex" posters types better than that when hes drunk, and I am pretty sure he can out drink you!