PDA

View Full Version : Bad News from the Motor City

Phil C
06-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Detroit's Tiger Stadium is going to be torn down. :(

Adidas410s
06-16-2006, 02:12 PM
not totally...they are keeping part of the field and stands to turn into a little league facility.

3afan
06-16-2006, 02:12 PM
i saw a game there in 1979, Tigers vs. Seattle Pilots who are now the Milwaukee Brewers (I think) ... I remember Ron LeFlore hit a home run

GreenMonster
06-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Why were they saving it? Hoping a natural disaster would strike the new Tigers Stadium so games could be moved back into the antique ballpark? I would have built a parking garage on it or something useful with the first swing of the wrecking ball about 30 minutes after the final pitch of the last game. I feel the same way about Texas Stadium. Texas Stadium baffles my mind. Why in the world didn't they finish the dome on that thing??? Did they run out of $$? Yeah, it is/was unique and all but with the progression of technology they should have finished what they started and put something retractable on there. Place is a POS anyway. I for one, can't wait for the new stadium to be built in Arlington.

Phil C
06-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Why were they saving it? Hoping a natural disaster would strike the new Tigers Stadium so games could be moved back into the antique ballpark? I would have built a parking garage on it or something useful with the first swing of the wrecking ball about 30 minutes after the final pitch of the last game. I feel the same way about Texas Stadium. Texas Stadium baffles my mind. Why in the world didn't they finish the dome on that thing??? Did they run out of $$? Yeah, it is/was unique and all but with the progression of technology they should have finished what they started and put something retractable on there. Place is a POS anyway. I for one, can't wait for the new stadium to be built in Arlington.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

And some historical interest and consideration.

Emerson1
06-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Texas stadium is the best stadium in Texas to watch HS football.

Adidas410s
06-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Texas stadium is the best stadium in Texas to watch HS football.

http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/044.gif http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/046.gif http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/043.gif

injuredinmelee
06-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

isnt the compnay line of all Cowboy fans that they left the hole in the roof so God could watch them play? Very sacreligious I know but I have heard that a million times.

GreenMonster
06-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

And some historical interest and consideration.

I'd rather show it the wrecking ball and some dynamite. Change is progress, progress is change. Out with the old, in with the new.