PDA

View Full Version : Aggies losing a basketball coach!!!

Adidas410s
06-16-2006, 01:27 PM
The University of New Orleans, in the midst of a major rebuilding campaign on campus and with its public image after Hurricane Katrina, will name Texas A&M assistant Buzz Williams to replace Monte Towe, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

Towe left UNO to become the associate head coach at North Carolina State, under new Wolfpack coach Sidney Lowe.

For Towe, the point guard on N.C. State's 1974 national championship team who later recruited Lowe, the point guard on the Wolfpack's 1983 title team, the decision was not an easy one.

"I love New Orleans, I love my team and I love going to work every day," Towe said. "But I also love N.C. State."

Andy Katz is a senior writer at ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report

big daddy russ
06-16-2006, 01:51 PM
That may have been the most confusing article I've ever read.

Adidas410s
06-16-2006, 02:00 PM
yeah...I thought it would be about the A&M coach going to New Orleans...but it's really not!

Bulldog_12
06-16-2006, 06:08 PM
This is the second assistant coach we have lost this year. I am glad they are getting better jobs, but I hate to see them go.

Bulldog_12
07-14-2006, 07:20 PM
This just in, actually last night, A&M hires a new assistant. Coach Jeremy Cox led Arkansas Fort Smith to the JC National Championship this past year and has great ties in Dallas. It is a fantastic hire for A&M. Here is the report.

A&M lands new assistant (http://www.wtaw.com/sports.php?phase=show&item=941)