PDA

View Full Version : I just got a craving...

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-16-2006, 01:20 PM
...For a Tommy's Burger. God why cant the next few weeks go by faster. hawaii sucks. no sonic, no olive garden, no Tommy's burgers. it sucks here.

CHS_CG
06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
dont worry you will be back in texas in less than a month lol you can pig out then! lol

3afan
06-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
dont worry you will be back in texas in less than a month lol you can pig out then! lol

me too!!! last day up here 7/10

STANG RED
06-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
...For a Tommy's Burger. God why cant the next few weeks go by faster. hawaii sucks. no sonic, no olive garden, no Tommy's burgers. it sucks here.

Lets see here, your in Hawaii, and I'm not. I gotta say, I'm having a real hard time feeling sorry for ya buddy.
Go check out some thongs and roasted pig down on the beach. You'll forget all about sonic and olive garden in no time.:cool:

BullFrog Dad
06-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Go check out some thongs and roasted pig down on the beach. You'll forget all about sonic and olive garden in no time.:cool: But not Tommy's burgers. It'll take more than that.

Phantom Stang
06-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Tommy's burgers are to Lake Worth, what Allen's chicken is to Sweetwater.;)

Adidas410s
06-16-2006, 02:42 PM
I've never had this burger that you speak of. I may have to check this out the next time I am over on northside of 820!

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Lets see here, your in Hawaii, and I'm not. I gotta say, I'm having a real hard time feeling sorry for ya buddy.
Go check out some thongs and roasted pig down on the beach. You'll forget all about sonic and olive garden in no time.:cool: I HATE THIS GOD AWFUL PLACE MORE THAN ANYTHING. EXCEPT THAT IS OF COURSE OKLAHOMA. THE SOONER I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CUSTOMS AND BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST JUST CAUSE IM WHITE THE BETTER. (also on that note, i will make it known now, that i will never EVER discriminate based on anything. not liking someone because of their character or credibility is different, but never discriminate.)

sinton66
06-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Hawaii was great for the first 3 months I was there, but after you've travelled all the way around the island a couple of times, it gets old real fast. The only way to break the monotony is to visit some of the other islands. Maui is nice. The big island is cool for a visit.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I know exactly how you feel. Hawaii was great for the first 3 months I was there, but after you've travelled all the way around the island a couple of times, it gets old real fast. The only way to break the monotony is to visit some of the other islands. Maui is nice. The big island is cool for a visit. idk about the big island...hilo has way to many mahu's...i would like to go to kauai. but i dont think i have time.

sinton66
06-16-2006, 10:40 PM
The reason I mentioned the big island was because of the Volcano. When I was there you could walk right up to the edge of it and look in. Bound to still be some observation points up there somewhere. I heard Black Sand Beach isn't there anymore, but that is a beautiful area with some huge surf.

sinton66
06-16-2006, 10:42 PM
On Maui, there is an old whaling port at Lahina. They used to have a 3 masted schooner in the harbor there that was once a whaling ship.

DU_stud04
06-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I've never had this burger that you speak of. I may have to check this out the next time I am over on northside of 820!

its that close to me and ive never had one???:eek: i think im going tomarrow:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
its that close to me and ive never had one???:eek: i think im going tomarrow:D if you get on 820 headed west, you will get there. since you live in arlington, im gonna assume you will take 30 to get there...if you do when you get to the 820 exit you will head like you are gonna go towards lake worth. which i believe at that point would be north on 820...i think the exit to take is caddo? then drive under the overpass and you will see tommy's. they are the best burger you will find around. im sure they would compete with just about any mom and pop shop in the state.

DU_stud04
06-17-2006, 12:05 AM
if you get on 820 headed west, you will get there. since you live in arlington, im gonna assume you will take 30 to get there...if you do when you get to the 820 exit you will head like you are gonna go towards lake worth. which i believe at that point would be north on 820...i think the exit to take is caddo? then drive under the overpass and you will see tommy's. they are the best burger you will find around. im sure they would compete with just about any mom and pop shop in the state.

awesome, appreciate it! me and a few friends been looking 4 a good burger joint. airways is the best ive found so
far.....(besides the shannon burger at buck-n-loons(heart attack on a bun))

DU_stud04
06-27-2006, 03:01 AM

is tommy's burger a gas station also??? i think i passed it today coming back on 820 around lakeworth. felt like stopping but it was kinda late(around 1am)

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-27-2006, 03:33 AM
yes it is also a gas station. im not sure of the hours though, so it was prolly a good thing you didnt stop. but atleast you know where it is.

DU_stud04
06-29-2006, 03:07 AM
its not the same tommy burgers as in "grandma's boy" is it? or same branch...you get what i mean.

AggieJohn
06-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
me too!!! last day up here 7/10 wow six months passes by pretty fast

KTJ
06-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Is it just me or is Olive Garden very overrated? Sure, I love their breadsticks and Sangria, but other than that, I'll take Johnny Carino's or Macaroni Grill anyday.

AggieJohn
06-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Is it just me or is Olive Garden very overrated? Sure, I love their breadsticks and Sangria, but other than that, I'll take Johnny Carino's or Macaroni Grill anyday. i kind of agree with you, as a child i thought that it was like going to the palace getting to go there, i felt so rich going there, but then as i got older, i realized their stuff isn't actually that over priced