PDA

View Full Version : Hallettsville's Loss is Victoria Memorial's Gain

44INAROW
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
Taylor joins MHS coaching staff
MIKE FORMAN - Advocate Sports Writer
Friday, June 16, 2006

It didn't take Kyle Taylor long to find out how much he missed coaching football.
Two weeks after he resigned as Hallettsville's athletic director and head football coach to enter private business, Taylor has returned to coaching as Memorial's offensive coordinator.

The Victoria school district board of trustees approved Taylor's hiring at Thursday night's meeting.

"Sometimes it takes guys a year to figure it out," Taylor said. "It took me two weeks. Kyle Taylor needs to be coaching."

Taylor was a head coach for 14 years at Weimar, Goliad, and Hallettsville, and compiled a 98-53 record. Before becoming a head coach, he was the offensive coordinator at Killeen, which won the 1991 Class 5A, Division I state championship.

"This will give me a chance to focus on what I love," Taylor said. "I've got a lot of meetings and catching up to do. It looks like we've got some talent but just not the experience. As long as they're willing to work hard, we'll be fine."

Taylor visited with Memorial head coach Jerry Campbell in March and watched the Vipers practice. Campbell is excited about adding Taylor to his staff.

"He's a proven winner," Campbell said. "He knows what a program takes. He brings head coaching experience and a lot of ideas to the table. He's somebody I feel very comfortable with."

Campbell and Taylor won't wait long before beginning preparations for the Vipers' season opener against McAllen Memorial on Sept. 2 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

"We'll probably start about 8 o'clock tomorrow (Friday) morning," Campbell said. "He'll bring a lot to the kids. He'll be a great addition to our program."

pirate4state
06-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
"Sometimes it takes guys a year to figure it out," Taylor said. "It took me two weeks. Kyle Taylor needs to be coaching."
:rolleyes: :doh:

44INAROW
06-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:rolleyes: :doh:

ROFL

KTJ
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Two weeks?

Phil C
06-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Looks like Victoria Memorial has got themselves a good coach.

Haunta Yo
06-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Taylor said, "... Kyle Taylor needs to be coaching."

Klye Talyor needs to buy a voewl...How abuot an I?

LH Panther Mom
06-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
:clap: :clap: :D

DaHop72
06-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Klye Talyor needs to buy a voewl...How abuot an I? Maybe AI is his hero so he know will talk in the third person.:D

AP Panther Fan
06-16-2006, 11:10 AM

LOL!:D

:thumbsup:

Adidas410s
06-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Two weeks?

sounds like somebody couldn't get their business off the ground!!!

pirate4state
06-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
sounds like somebody couldn't get their business off the ground!!! that is so funny, in so many different ways!!! :evillaugh :evillaugh

scotty
06-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Has the Hallettsville job been filled?

Old Green
06-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Has the Hallettsville job been filled? They promoted DC Masek to the AD position.

KingRob
06-18-2006, 08:09 AM
It's going to take more than a new offensive coach to get Victoria Memorial winning. So much for this mega school giving Judson a run for their money!!:D :rolleyes: