06-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Anyone else tried this?

http://www.ambalajtasarimi.com/files/coke_blak.jpg

3afan
06-15-2006, 10:25 PM
never heard of it

DU_stud04
06-15-2006, 10:27 PM
did a speech about coke and the downfall of thier sales over the past decade blah blah blah.......i tried it after doing research.....worst idea i had.....ever...(trying the drink, not the speech)

DU_stud04
06-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
never heard of it

just think....coffee flavored soft drink......

GreenMonster
06-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
just think....coffee flavored soft drink......

It's not coffe flavored, it's Coke and coffee mixed together. From what I've seen in the convenience store business either you love the stuff or you hate it. Coke has been grasping at straws to boost their sales the last few years. Adding flavors to old standby's is just a gimmick to get you to try it a couple of times. After a year or so they will pull it and repackage a new flavor combination. The Zero package they have come out with is their reaction to the "no/low carb diet" fad that is already passing us by. I assume it will fall by the way side by next summer. Honestly though the fastest growing single serving drink category is the energy drink and expect to see a much wider array of these in the near future. Everyone is busting their R&D department's butts to come up with an energy drink that actually tastes good.

MHSvarsity2007
06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
one of my friends brought it too me...i tried it at room temp and it was disgusting...tried it again while it was cold [he insisted it was better cold]...still disgusted

pirate44
06-16-2006, 06:37 AM
sounds bad but maybe its ok as an icecream float :D

piratebg
06-16-2006, 06:41 AM
This looked like a bad idea to begin with. Who ever came up with this one needs to be shot.

pirate44
06-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
This looked like a bad idea to begin with. Who ever came up with this one needs to be shot.
no good. the dude would then come up with blood flavored coke. :(

STANG RED
06-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It's not coffe flavored, it's Coke and coffee mixed together. From what I've seen in the convenience store business either you love the stuff or you hate it. Coke has been grasping at straws to boost their sales the last few years. Adding flavors to old standby's is just a gimmick to get you to try it a couple of times. After a year or so they will pull it and repackage a new flavor combination. The Zero package they have come out with is their reaction to the "no/low carb diet" fad that is already passing us by. I assume it will fall by the way side by next summer. Honestly though the fastest growing single serving drink category is the energy drink and expect to see a much wider array of these in the near future. Everyone is busting their R&D department's butts to come up with an energy drink that actually tastes good.

Truth be known, I bet Coke makes some of those energy drinks, and is making a fortune on them. I'm not ready to feel too sorry for them yet.
I dont usually buy those energy drinks, because their just too dang expensive! If they'll ever get them down to a reasonable price, I may start getting them more often. There is no way, they can cost that much to make, to justify their selling price.

District303aPastPlayer
06-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Truth be known, I bet Coke makes some of those energy drinks, and is making a fortune on them. I'm not ready to feel too sorry for them yet.
I dont usually buy those energy drinks, because their just too dang expensive! If they'll ever get them down to a reasonable price, I may start getting them more often. There is no way, they can cost that much to make, to justify their selling price.

coca cola makes the vault energy drink. its a mixture in taste of sprite and mountain dew... the sugar content on this soda is alot more than you would think. for one 20 oz bottle, there are 78 grams of carbs, all 78 of it are sugar...

DU_stud04
06-16-2006, 08:17 AM
coke is doing good in the coke sales department...actually leading the industry in "soda" sales. what is killing them is that their "non-carbonated drink line is blow out of the water by pepsi(which is gatorade(leader in sports drinks), aquafina(leader in water sales), tropicana, lipton tea(leader in tea)....starbucks double shot expresssos, frapachinoes ready to drink coffee, sobe energy drinks)

coke has desani and powerade( not sure of what else). they need to expand their powerade flavors like gatorade has just due to the fact people are tryin to lead away from cokes and are tryin more healthier drink alternatives. everyone know what flavor gatoraide they like. powerade,....usually just get"oh, i like the red one" just cause there is only 1 red one, 1 blue one, 1 yellow, and now a green...names of the flavors are still unknown....

Also, pepsi own other companies that sale snacks such as quacker oats, frito lay, which total sales eclipse Coke completely.

DaHop72
06-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
coca cola makes the vault energy drink. its a mixture in taste of sprite and mountain dew... the sugar content on this soda is alot more than you would think. for one 20 oz bottle, there are 78 grams of carbs, all 78 of it are sugar... No wonder my son likes it so well.

MHSvarsity2007
06-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
...just cause there is only 1 red one, 1 blue one, 1 yellow, and now a green...names of the flavors are still unknown....

don't forget the orange one...my favorite :)

Emerson1
06-16-2006, 11:35 AM
http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/drpepper_cherry_vanilla/drpepper-cherryvan.jpg

That's the best stuff. Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

MHSvarsity2007
06-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/drpepper_cherry_vanilla/drpepper-cherryvan.jpg

That's the best stuff. Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

:eek: :eek: i find that repulsive!

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-16-2006, 12:13 PM
one of my co-workers tried that crap. they told me about the coffee flavor. i hate coffee. i hate coke. no chance in H-E-double hockey sticks im ever EVER gonna drink that crap. might aswell use it as a space taker or something useless like that.