PDA

View Full Version : I just survived my first Kansas tornado

lepfan
06-15-2006, 07:19 PM
...a small one---lots of tree limbs down, 4 semis overturned in town, and farm equipment strown about! And to think I just thought it was just some weird @$$ wind outside. IT WAS WEIRD!!!!

big daddy russ
06-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I survived a night with Freddy Fender once. That's the only Tornado I've ever been through.

big daddy russ
06-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Glad you made it through, lep. Coming back to Texas anytime soon?

3afan
06-15-2006, 08:00 PM
did ya hear about the tornado that went thru the redneck neighborhood and did $100K worth of improvements?

sorry ........

turbostud
06-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I survived a night with Freddy Fender once. That's the only Tornado I've ever been through.
"Hey baby Que Paso"

lepfan
06-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
did ya hear about the tornado that went thru the redneck neighborhood and did $100K worth of improvements?

sorry ........ LOL... Some of the limbs that got taken out needed to be taken out!!! Although one lady wishes that that one big tree branch had not landed on her Suburban...

It is trying to start back up...this is some weird stuff out in the atmosphere tonight!

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Isn't Kansas part of "tornado alley"? :thinking: I'm glad you made it though and hope you don't see another one soon.

lepfan
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Survived round 2...no tornado in this one...just massive wind and lightning.

Damage so far: 1 barn went AWOL (only the ladder to loft left); irrigation sprinklers doing the tango tangle dance, a couple of roofs gone, several houses missing siding, 1 power line pole snapped at the ground, a total of 4 trucks turned over (3 brand new Tyson trucks...Volvos) and 1 transport truck (the Tyson trucks were in round 1 with the tornado and the transport truck happened in round 2 with the high winds), a lot of very large limbs down, 1 tree limb down on 1 Suburban, that is all I saw before it got dark.

All we had were twigs about the size of my pinky blown out of the trees in our yard...funny, the trucks were overturned just 4 blocks down the road and big limbs across the street. :clap: :clap: :clap: yeah for us!

piratebg
06-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Things sound pretty exciting in Kansas right now. Glad to see you are still with us. Remember, if you get sucked in and wake up surrounded by a bunch of midgets, just click you heels three times and say, "There's no place like home."

Oh and watch out for flying monkeys. :thumbsup:

lepfan
06-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Things sound pretty exciting in Kansas right now. Glad to see you are still with us. Remember, if you get sucked in and wake up surrounded by a bunch of midgets, just click you heels three times and say, "There's no place like home."

Oh and watch out for flying monkeys. :thumbsup: Funny you should mention midgets....I worked next door to one all year long....I have been clicking my heels and saying that all year long!!!:D

CHS_Grad '85
06-16-2006, 08:28 AM
lol - Good to see that you survived just fine... hope it stays that way...

44INAROW
06-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
"Hey baby Que Paso"

"I thought I was your only Vato"

Lepfan - glad you are OK and survived :)