PDA

View Full Version : For all the 'older' posters:

big daddy russ
06-15-2006, 06:04 PM
What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

1. Lite Beer (Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Lite, Natty, etc)
2. Full-flavored domestics/Lagers/Ice Brews (Bud, MGD, Coors Original, Molson, Rolling Rock, Foster's, Shiner Blonde, THE BEAST, Lone Star, etc.)
3. Ambers/Dark Beer (Guiness, Killian's Red, Shiner Bock, Zeigen Bock, etc.... Throw all votes for a black and tan and all votes for flavored beers [usually Belgian-style] such as Celis in this category)
4. Mixed Drinks (Ritas, Pina Coladas, Daquiris, Tequila Sunrises, etc... No soda + liquors)
5. Soda + Liquor (Self-explanatory... Coke/Jack, Coke/Rum, 7&7, Gin/Tonic, etc.)
6. Mixed Shots (Red Snappers, Irish Car Bombs, Four Horsemen, Liquid Cocaine, Sex on the Beach, etc... and go ahead and throw Flaming Dr. Peppers in this category)
7. Wine Coolers/Malt Beverages (Mickey's, Olde English, Zimas, Smirnoff Ice, etc.)
8. Wines (We'll throw Boone's Farm in here, even though it tastes more like a wine cooler... Champagne, Chardonnay, Reisling, )
9. Liquor (And let us know which one... This is everything you prefer as a straight shot [Rumpleminze, any other liquors], anything taken with ONLY water, or anything straight up on the ice)
10. Other (If I forgot anything, throw it in this category)

big daddy russ
06-15-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm a Southern Comfort on the rocks kind of guy.

3afan
06-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Corona Light, Coors Light, Mixed Drinks

SintonFan
06-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Coors light or Bud select. 1800 or Two Fingers takillya with 1800 margarita mix(best use of our snowcone machine for frozen ritas). Coke/Crown and the occasional Cubra Libra(yes, but I make mine good). Srewdrivers and sometimes goldsssssshlager(goldschlager) on ice when in a funky mood.

IHS Fan
06-15-2006, 07:03 PM
vodka on the rocks can't be beat.

lepfan
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Corona Light, Coors Light, Mixed Drinks Hey, we have a few things in common! :D

Gobbla2001
06-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Shiner Bock...

big daddy russ
06-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Shiner Bock...
If I'm drinking anything except SoCo, it's Shiner or Lone Star. I usually go with Lone Star because I like it almost as much as Shiner and it's only about half as much, but when money's no object I always wind up with a 12-pack of Shiners.

lostaussie
06-15-2006, 08:05 PM
i like a coors light sometimes, depending on what is going on. kicked back at the house though, its always the same, canadian mist with diet sprite zero.

mustang04
06-15-2006, 08:09 PM
all i gotta say..... KEYSTONES!!!!!! got lov the cheap 30pacs:D

lostaussie
06-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
all i gotta say..... KEYSTONES!!!!!! got lov the cheap 30pacs:D that from the guy making all the money. and btw, its funny that this thread came up, cause i was thinking today at work, i couldn't do your job cause i have to many hangovers:D

mustang04
06-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that from the guy making all the money. and btw, its funny that this thread came up, cause i was thinking today at work, i couldn't do your job cause i have to many hangovers:D

hey..ive done it hungover before!!! not this summer...YET, but last summer haha....you will sweat out ANY alcohol that is left in ya i PROMISE lol

Tiger Turtle
06-15-2006, 08:25 PM
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Gobbla, but Shiner Bock all the way. (...and yes, I am an Aggie...)

sinfan75
06-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I voted either because my first choice is full flavered Bud ( GO JUNIOR GO :D ) but I also like Jack and Sprite Zero. Lots of Jack with a splash of zero.:D :D :D

Ranger Mom
06-15-2006, 08:40 PM
If I drink a beer it HAS to be Coors light and it the weather has to be HOT and the beer ice cold.....then I gotta have plenty of Twang too!

I liked the Smirnoff Green Apples, but I burned myself out on them.

Now, when I DO drink, I go to the "Eskimo Hut" and get me an "adult snowcone"....which is actually (for me anyway) a frozen Pina Colada.

Last weekend I got a gallon of frozen Pina Colada's with 10 extra shots.....pretty potent stuff, don't think I will be doing that again in the near future...I was worthless the next day!!

DaHop72
06-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Ice tea for me.:D :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Jax, Pearl, Schlitz, and Falstaff, just bought some Pearl in Mason last week!

big daddy russ
06-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Gobbla, but Shiner Bock all the way. (...and yes, I am an Aggie...)
Fulshear, huh? Great BBQ out that way. My girl's family eats at Dozier's every other Sunday or so.

piratebg
06-16-2006, 01:07 AM
I cannot stand beer. I am more for mix drinks, soda+liquor, and mix shots. I will even have the occasional malt beverage, but that is about it. I very rarely drink thougth.

pirate44
06-16-2006, 06:32 AM
whiskey, bud light and margueritas in that order. not all at once though

piratebg
06-16-2006, 06:39 AM
I don't know why this didn't cross my mind earlier, but I love Long Island Ice Tea. IMO, that is the best drink there is, espcially on a warm summer day or any day for that matter. Cheers :cool:

District303aPastPlayer
06-16-2006, 07:32 AM
mixed drinks... cant beat a sex on the beach :)

STANG RED
06-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Ice tea for me.:D :D

I'm with ya there Hop. But on the rare occasions that I do like an alcoholic drink, heres my list.
Colorado Bulldog (not often, cause you cant drink just one)
Bourbon & Coke (preferably Crown)
Screwdriver
Bloody Mary (good n spicy hot, with a stick of celery & a cold beer chaser)
Coors Light, or a Carta Blanca if I'm eating mexican food

CHS_Grad '85
06-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Ice tea for me.:D :D My usual poison as well as I'm the DD... but if I'm at home - Parrot Bay Rum w/soda...

pirate4state
06-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Now, when I DO drink, I go to the "Eskimo Hut" and get me an "adult snowcone"....which is actually (for me anyway) a frozen Pina Colada.

Last weekend I got a gallon of frozen Pina Colada's with 10 extra shots.....pretty potent stuff, don't think I will be doing that again in the near future...I was worthless the next day!! I didn't believe my family when they told me about the "Eskimo Hut"....I'll have to check it out next time I'm out that way.

Phil C
06-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Water (by itself)

Diet Soda

Coffee (Usually every other day)

I am diabetic so with the medicine I have the doctor has forbidden me to drink any beverage with alcohol. I even have to have sugar prescription sugar free cough syrup when I need it. Oh well.

Ranger Mom
06-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I didn't believe my family when they told me about the "Eskimo Hut"....I'll have to check it out next time I'm out that way.

I talked to the owner, he said he has one in Midland, one in Odessa and one in San Antonio!

I think this site shows some other locations:
Eskimo Hut (http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dixiedog/eskimohut/index.htm)

pirate4state
06-16-2006, 09:05 AM
I talked to the owner, he said he has one in Midland, one in Odessa and one in San Antonio!

Eskimo Hut (http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dixiedog/eskimohut/index.htm) Thanks for the link!! :) San Antonio is alot closer than Midland. ;) :D

scratch that...according to the site they have locations in: Abilene, Amarillo, Beaumont, Denton, Ft. Worth, Houston, Midland, Odessa, San Macros and Witchia Falls.

Adidas410s
06-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Eskimo Hut (http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dixiedog/eskimohut/index.htm)

There are two locations in Abilene. A classy establishment indeed! Gotta love triple shot Thursdays! :thumbsup: I only went a few times but they usually sell alcohol as cheap as Wal-Mart or HEB...and you can stay in your car!

For me it's either Miller Lite or Vodka Tonic w/ 2 limes. When I'm feeling "special" I'll have some red wine...always a good night of sleeping after that. :D

Maroon87
06-16-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm usually a Bud man (Light, Select, Dry, etc...) but I also like Shiner Bock, and Miller Lite at Minute Maid Park in the "big mouth" plastic bottles. I used to drink Coors Light years ago, but I don't anymore. However, I've gotta give them credit for the "cooler box" and the 5 liter "keg can" which apparently is the next generation of the Party Ball...remember those?:cool:

pirate44
06-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm usually a Bud man (Light, Select, Dry, etc...) but I also like Shiner Bock, and Miller Lite at Minute Maid Park in the "big mouth" plastic bottles. I used to drink Coors Light years ago, but I don't anymore. However, I've gotta give them credit for the "cooler box" and the 5 liter "keg can" which apparently is the next generation of the Party Ball...remember those?:cool:
ahhh..the party ball:D

olddawggreen
06-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Although I'm not a big drinker any more, I do enjoy a few every now and then.

My favorite drink, occasionally after a hard days work, sometimes with dinner, is a good Scotch & Water, Johnnie Walker Red, or The Famous Grouse (My road scotch) or Johnnie Walker Black (My sipping scotch)

If I'm at the ranch on a hot after noon, Tecate with half a key lime sqeezed in it with a little salt is my beer of choice (none of that pansy, sissy light beer :p )

I also enjoy a good margarita at times. For you adults, heres a receipe that I learned in college (drinking age was 18) that makes a great marg and is consistantly good and fast & easy to make every time.

1 large can of Minute Maid Limeaid
1 can of beer
1 can of Gold Tequila (doesn't have to be top shelf)
1 half can of Triple Sec
2, or 3 cans of water
Sugar to taste, ala Tequila Sour
Mix well, double up the receipe if need be for more guest, pour over ice, add salt around the rim (if you want to get fancy) and enjoy!
ps..... if you havent already figured it out, your using the empty Lime Aid can for measuring:D

coiled2strike
06-16-2006, 11:09 AM
it's hard to beat any good bourbon on the rocks...or with a splash of water...crown is my preference...although with the weather lately, an ice cold beer has served me well...

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2006, 05:52 AM
Give me patron shots, or everclear shots, or when really wanting to drink something hard i have three bottles of Absinthe I keep stored, and no not the watered down stuff made here in America with southern wormwood, but the real stuff from Europe made with wormwood and contains thujone. And yes I got it legally because of an exemption.

District303aPastPlayer
06-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Give me patron shots, or everclear shots, or when really wanting to drink something hard i have three bottles of Absinthe I keep stored, and no not the watered down stuff made here in America with southern wormwood, but the real stuff from Europe made with wormwood and contains thujone. And yes I got it legally because of an exemption.

EVERCLEAR SHOTS?! :eek: :eek:

Maroon87
06-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
EVERCLEAR SHOTS?! :eek: :eek:

Might as well throw yourself in front of a train. The effect is similar...:eek:

slpybear the bullfan
06-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Dang... no one love the fruit of the vine?

I love a good red... Matanza's Creek 2002 Merlot is one of my faves!

I am also a huge fan of Shiner Bock... and Crown and Coke... Several Crown and Cokes!

KingRob
06-18-2006, 07:48 AM
I usually go with good German beer. A Pils goes down smooth. However, if I feel the beer gut coming on, then I switch to white wine for awhile. Over here they serve wine scholas, which is a medium white wine and a bit of mineral water. They are good! When I visit Texas, I like Tecate wih lime and salt. Yummy! As far as favorite wines, I would have to go with Jacob's Creek. Good Australian wines.