PDA

View Full Version : Snyder - Sweetwater????

BMOC
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Just saw in Dave Campbell's Magazine down here in San Antone that these two will not meet this year. That's too bad, I am originally from the area, and that was one game I loved to go back and watch. Any reason why they didn't meet in pre-district???

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
Just saw in Dave Campbell's Magazine down here in San Antone that these two will not meet this year. That's too bad, I am originally from the area, and that was one game I loved to go back and watch. Any reason why they didn't meet in pre-district???

Snyder got tired of dropping below Sweetwater in the polls after losing to them!!! ;)

Ranger Mom
06-15-2006, 02:05 PM
This thread could get GOOD!!!:eek:

Bullaholic
06-15-2006, 02:07 PM

Carnage, mayhem, civil insurrection, and rioting. See World Cup fans. :D

GetRDoneStangs
06-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Any reason why they didn't meet in pre-district???

COACH CHAD RODGERS

Insead, we will travel to the other side of Amarillo 2 times instead of the measley 30 miles to Snyder.:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 02:12 PM
a win is a win...but a win over Snyder is glory!!!

MHSvarsity2007
06-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

true that.

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
true that.

and any win for Merkel is also glory! :D :D :D

MHSvarsity2007
06-15-2006, 02:18 PM
and any win for Merkel is also glory! :D :D :D

haha yes...indeed! but one of snyder is ten times better! :D

DaHop72
06-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
COACH CHAD RODGERS

Insead, we will travel to the other side of Amarillo 2 times instead of the measley 30 miles to Snyder.:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: Humm, I thought 30 miles would get you to Hermleigh.:thinking: :thinking:

injuredinmelee
06-15-2006, 02:20 PM
They wont paly Wylie anymore either. Rogers knows he has been living on a prayer the last two or three years and it cant last forever. Why not play weaker teams from out west to try and get a high ranking then lose in the first round again.

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
They wont paly Wylie anymore either. Rogers knows he has been living on a prayer the last two or three years and it cant last forever. Why not play weaker teams from out west to try and get a high ranking then lose in the first round again.

If I was him I would rather be 7-3 or 8-2 and lose in the first round than to be 10-0 with a Top 10 ranking and lose in the first round. It sure kept Bourquin his job in Graham

GetRDoneStangs
06-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Humm, I thought 30 miles would get you to Hermleigh.

DaHop.. I stand corrected.... per Mapquest....

1205 Ragland St
Sweetwater, TX 79556-2438, US
Revise | New Directions

Snyder, TX US
Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 55 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 39.40 miles

Total Est. Time: 55 minutes...I DON'T THINK SO!!!:D :D :D :D

DaHop72
06-15-2006, 02:32 PM

1205 Ragland St
Revise | New Directions

Snyder, TX US
Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 55 minutes...I DON'T THINK SO!!!:D :D :D :D Just giving you a hard time. After I graduated I drove back to Sweetwater every weekend (for a girl of course). I had all the mileage signs down by heart.:D

Ranger Mom
06-15-2006, 02:36 PM

1205 Ragland St
Revise | New Directions

Snyder, TX US
Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 55 minutes...I DON'T THINK SO!!!:D :D :D :D

Unless me and my daughter are with you, then we gotta make pit stops along the way!:p

GetRDoneStangs
06-15-2006, 02:39 PM
The 55 minute commute is what is really a joke..... Anyone driven on Hwy 84??....With the Texas Tech kids coming and going back???

They drive 90 to nothin on any given day!!:eyetwitch :eyetwitch:

Ranger Mom
06-15-2006, 02:41 PM
The 55 minute commute is what is really a joke..... Anyone driven on Hwy 84??....With the Texas Tech kids coming and going back???

They drive 90 to nothin on any given day!!:eyetwitch :eyetwitch:

That's what I am saying though.....a 30 minute trip could take an hour if me and Ash are there!

GetRDoneStangs
06-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Unless me and my daughter are with you, then we gotta make pit stops along the way!

About the only place to stop is ..... Hermleigh... and it's on 30 miles from Sweetwater!...:D

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's what I am saying though.....a 30 minute trip could take an hour if me and Ash are there!

do you always find yourself going??? ;)

Ranger Mom
06-15-2006, 02:51 PM
do you always find yourself going??? ;)

It's like this, if Ashton HAS to go, I don't have to....and vice versa!

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 02:53 PM
It's like this, if Ashton HAS to go, I don't have to....and vice versa!

did you not catch the commercial reference?

GetRDoneStangs
06-15-2006, 02:55 PM
It's like this, if Ashton HAS to go, I don't have to....and vice versa

Do cotton fields bother you??? If not, the only place to stop being Hermleigh... is not an issue here!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

STANG RED
06-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Do cotton fields bother you??? If not, the only place to stop being Hermleigh... is not an issue here!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Cotton burrs are a little scratchy on the butt though.:devil:

Ranger Mom
06-15-2006, 04:34 PM
did you not catch the commercial reference?

I don't watch TV.....did that commercial come on during American Idol???

Ranger Mom
06-15-2006, 04:34 PM

Im a West Texas gal......I've had to "cop a squat" more times than I can count!!

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I don't watch TV.....did that commercial come on during American Idol???

I don't know. It was a commercial about having an enlarged prostate.

Ranger Mom
06-15-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't know. It was a commercial about having an enlarged prostate.

Oh...I usually get up and leave (probably to go to the bathroom) during commercials anyway!!:p

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Oh...I usually get up and leave (probably to go to the bathroom) during commercials anyway!!:p

ROFL

pirate4state
06-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Im a West Texas gal......I've had to "cop a squat" more times than I can count!! LOL!! "cop a squat" :D :D

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Cotton burrs are a little scratchy on the butt though.:devil:
:doh: You're supposed to use the dropped bolls, not the burrs. :p :evillaugh :evillaugh

DU_stud04
06-15-2006, 05:41 PM

one of my new favorite quotes:clap: :clap: :clap:

DU_stud04
06-15-2006, 05:43 PM
About the only place to stop is ..... Hermleigh... and it's on 30 miles from Sweetwater!...:D

what about roscoe for some allsups burritoes and a tallsup????:D

GetRDoneStangs
06-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
what about roscoe for some allsups burritoes and a tallsup????:D

Then you will need more than a cotton field before long... those burritoes are good....but soon after.....http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-018.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-018.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-018.gif

oh well
06-15-2006, 07:27 PM
COACH CHAD RODGERS

Insead, we will travel to the other side of Amarillo 2 times instead of the measley 30 miles to Snyder.:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Back @ you instead of the 2 year deal that was offered move the Sammy Baugh to Snyder. When has anyone in SNYDER cared how far people in Sweetwater DRive. Wait you are right we did drive to Big Spring instead of Midland.

DU_stud04
06-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by oh well
Back @ you instead of the 2 year deal that was offered move the Sammy Baugh to Snyder.

seriously....why would ANYONE want to play in snyder???:confused:

DaHop72
06-15-2006, 09:41 PM
seriously....why would ANYONE want to play in snyder???:confused: Well duh, because it's a short drive.:D :D

injuredinmelee
06-15-2006, 10:57 PM
i love that road when the tech kids are going back and forth. You can get in behind the kids that daddy is still paying their tickets and car insurance and haul tail. I also like to get behind them going to DFW and back.

DU_stud04
06-15-2006, 11:07 PM
i love that road when the tech kids are going back and forth. You can get in behind the kids that daddy is still paying their tickets and car insurance and haul tail. I also like to get behind them going to DFW and back.

yes, same here.... i wait itll i see someone coming up fast then hi-tail it behind them. fastest ive been from arlington to sweetwater was about 2 hours 5minutes.....averaging about 100 was crazy

PlayaJBiehl20
06-15-2006, 11:17 PM

Maybe now not every thread will turn into a Sweetwater/Snyder trash talking fest.

DU_stud04
06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
Maybe now not every thread will turn into a Sweetwater/Snyder trash talking fest.

idk about that, even though were not playing, the hate is still there, and since sweetwater had the last win, and snyder still talks about a win from 2 years ago......all i can say is "THE RIVALRY" 's hyph wont die down

oh well
06-15-2006, 11:26 PM
seriously....why would ANYONE want to play in snyder???:confused:

So you would not play in Snyder 2 years in a row?

DU_stud04
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
no one in their right minds would want to play there at all.....playing snyder is one thing and im all for it, playing in the junkyard is another

STANG RED
06-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: You're supposed to use the dropped bolls, not the burrs. :p :evillaugh :evillaugh

LOL
Actually, I wasn’t talking about using them. I was thinking more along the lines of scratching up against them with a bare butt. But now that you mention it, better be sure and pull the seeds out of them bolls first, before using them. That could be mighty uncomfortable also.:eek: :p

DaHop72
06-16-2006, 08:13 AM
no one in their right minds would want to play there at all.....playing snyder is one thing and im all for it, playing in the junkyard is another I'm not sure where all the junkyard comments come from. Since changing maintenance supervisors several years ago out field is as good as any around and the stadium is funtional. Also, our turf is paid for.:D :D

Black_Magic
06-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Sweetwater folks sure are mouthy all of a sudden. Guess thats what happens when you know you dont face each other. No crow to eat later. The way I understand it is Snyder had previously commited to play other schools because They naturaly expected Sweetwater to be in the same district. Then the only way they could play after the realignment was anounced was to #1 Just drop a commitment made to a school ( one thing Rogers would NOT do for some simple reason of 35 mille drive or so) or #2 Sweetwater had an open date on week 6 ( not happening because of sweetwate r not having an open date when Snyder had....
As for snyders Field being a "Junk yard". LOL:clap: now thats so rediculous and transparent its funny. Snyders Field is better than at least 75% of all 3A fields. Just about to get a New $10,000 Sound system just like the one at Lowery and Midland Grand Com Stadium, and a new Score board with Info center. The Grass is the best in west texas. I guess Sweetwater folks just hate grass. They tore there grass out and replaced it with UNPAID for field turf. Its clear sweetwater folks dont like or cant afford to pay for any improvements to thier field. After all, The WPA ( american taxpayers ) paid for the Mustang bowl to be built in the first place. Sweetwater could afford to inprove the bathrooms in that relic.;) without having to default or a federal grant to pay for it.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Sweetwater folks sure are mouthy all of a sudden. Guess thats what happens when you know you dont face each other. No crow to eat later. The way I understand it is Snyder had previously commited to play other schools because They naturaly expected Sweetwater to be in the same district. Then the only way they could play after the realignment was anounced was to #1 Just drop a commitment made to a school ( one thing Rogers would NOT do for some simple reason of 35 mille drive or so) or #2 Sweetwater had an open date on week 6 ( not happening because of sweetwate r not having an open date when Snyder had....

Makes since to me. Who would have thought that they would not be in the same district? :rolleyes: Sucks.

Tiger Baseball
06-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe now not every thread will turn into a Sweetwater/Snyder trash talking fest. But of course you can see who is doing trash talking already, just can't keep their lips from moving. :clap: :clap: Good job mustangs and bulldogs!

Ranger Mom
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
This thread could get GOOD!!!:eek:

Did I call it or what?????:D :D :D

Tiger Baseball
06-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Did I call it or what?????:D :D :D Mom you did good!

wildstangs
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM
The WPA offered to build everyone stadiums...Snyder could have had one too.

It really is too bad Sweetwater and Snyder arent playing this year. After most of our second stringers hung a loss on the undefeated Tigers last year, I figured Rogers and BM would be itching to get a win over the Mustangs. Maybe they knew they couldnt beat the Mustangs this year. :thinking:

Tiger Baseball
06-16-2006, 11:11 AM
They wont paly Wylie anymore either. Rogers knows he has been living on a prayer the last two or three years and it cant last forever. Why not play weaker teams from out west to try and get a high ranking then lose in the first round again. I guess this is a push over schedule. All non-district games are playoff teams from last year 3A and 4A

DATE VARSITY SITE TIME
Saturday, Aug 19 Frenship (scrimmage) 9th,JV & Varsity . Snyder 10:00AM
Friday, Aug 25 Canyon Randall (scrimmage) 9th,JV & Varsity Canyon 3:00
Thursday, Aug 31 Monahans (Snyder is home team) Midland Grande 7:30
Friday, Sept 8 Hereford Snyder 7:30
Friday, Sept 15 Gordon Wood Classic (Marlin) Visitor Brownwood 7:30
Friday, Sept 22 Amarillo Palo Duro Snyder 7:30
Friday, Sept 29 Lubbock Cooper Lubbock Cooper 7:30
Friday, Oct 6 Lubbock Estacado Lowrey Field 7:30
Friday, Oct 13 Canyon Homecoming Snyder 7:30
Friday, Oct 20 Open Open
Friday, Oct 27 Greenwood Greenwood 7:30
Friday, Nov 3 Lamesa Snyder 7:30
Friday, Nov 10 Andrews '"." - .Andrews. -"'.- 7:30

wildstangs
06-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Snyder is playing a tough pre district schedule. Marlin is actualy a 2A now, but still a quality opponent.

Their district is terrible though. I doubt Andrews, Lamesa, or Greenwood will stay within 25 points of the Tigers.

LH Panther Mom
06-16-2006, 11:13 AM
You're kidding, right? :doh: ;)

Originally posted by STANG RED
LOL
Actually, I wasn’t talking about using them. I was thinking more along the lines of scratching up against them with a bare butt. But now that you mention it, better be sure and pull the seeds out of them bolls first, before using them. That could be mighty uncomfortable also.:eek: :p
Just keep mine away from any prickly pears and I'm good. ;)

Tiger Baseball
06-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Snyder is playing a tough pre district schedule. Marlin is actualy a 2A now, but still a quality opponent.

Their district is terrible though. I doubt Andrews, Lamesa, or Greenwood will stay within 25 points of the Tigers. I wrote playoff teams from last year 3A and 4A!

Ranger Mom
06-16-2006, 11:47 AM

Their district is terrible though. I doubt Andrews, Lamesa, or Greenwood will stay within 25 points of the Tigers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sad0064.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sad0049.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sad0144.gif

DaHop72
06-16-2006, 11:50 AM

Their district is terrible though. I doubt Andrews, Lamesa, or Greenwood will stay within 25 points of the Tigers. Well, I hope you're happy. Make a mom cry will you.:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

Ranger Mom
06-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Well, I hope you're happy. Make a mom cry will you.:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

Awwww!!!

I talked to Wildstangs last night and he told me the same thing then....it's just sad!!:(

wtxmike
06-16-2006, 12:12 PM
i don't think Greenwood will be a pushover next year they've got good skill coming back i agree that snyder will win district but not by 25 points every game.........i'm really excited bout week 0 it will be quite an event

3afan
06-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
I guess this is a push over schedule. All non-district games are playoff teams from last year 3A and 4A

DATE VARSITY SITE TIME
Saturday, Aug 19 Frenship (scrimmage) 9th,JV & Varsity . Snyder 10:00AM
Friday, Aug 25 Canyon Randall (scrimmage) 9th,JV & Varsity Canyon 3:00
Thursday, Aug 31 Monahans (Snyder is home team) Midland Grande 7:30
Friday, Sept 8 Hereford Snyder 7:30
Friday, Sept 15 Gordon Wood Classic (Marlin) Visitor Brownwood 7:30
Friday, Sept 22 Amarillo Palo Duro Snyder 7:30
Friday, Sept 29 Lubbock Cooper Lubbock Cooper 7:30
Friday, Oct 6 Lubbock Estacado Lowrey Field 7:30
Friday, Oct 13 Canyon Homecoming Snyder 7:30
Friday, Oct 20 Open Open
Friday, Oct 27 Greenwood Greenwood 7:30
Friday, Nov 3 Lamesa Snyder 7:30
Friday, Nov 10 Andrews '"." - .Andrews. -"'.- 7:30

FYI :: Estacado was 0-10 last year so not all "non-district games are playoff teams from last year 3A and 4A"

oh well
06-16-2006, 01:01 PM
5 out of the 7 were District Champions. It is a very tough schedule as is Sweetwaters and Wylies. That is what happens when you have 3 quality teams in the same area. No one thought Sweetwater and SNyder would not be in the Dist together that is the main reason for them not playing.

oh well
06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
What else

mustang04
06-16-2006, 07:43 PM
you know...i just LOVE how blacky loves to bring up Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl being built in the depression with help from the govt. as an insult...i take pride in it, cuz i know that building the bowl help give many people jobs in a time of dispair...shows what kind of heart he has...a black one!!! to go with his yellow-belly... SNYDER COLORS!!!!

oh well
06-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Getherwrong where are you you had a lot to say and now nothing. Not sure you should be posting names on here and blaming them I guess I can post yours when I have a road problem in Sweetater

oh well
06-17-2006, 10:10 AM
where is Get Her Wrong @

Black_Magic
06-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
you know...i just LOVE how blacky loves to bring up Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl being built in the depression with help from the govt. as an insult...i take pride in it, cuz i know that building the bowl help give many people jobs in a time of dispair...shows what kind of heart he has...a black one!!! to go with his yellow-belly... SNYDER COLORS!!!! Well, When Sweetwater Folks comment on what a "junk Yard" Tiger stadium is then I believe it is FAIR and VERY acurate to point out the FACTS that Sweetwaters Bowl was paid for by government hand outs ( I mean come on if your gona boast about something or big shot something then it is kinda funny that you didnt actualy pay for it your self.) and then on top of that you have not even paid for the field truf you had put in. Those are FACTS about the mustang bowl. Good thing you didnt get the bowl from Renta center or Color Time or they would have reposesed your place LOL:clap: :clap: :clap: I know those are FACTS you dont like discused when talking about the mustang bowl but thats what happens when you try to crack on someone elses house.:rolleyes: DId I say something that was not true about the mustang bowl?? I didnt think taking well fare was a source of Pride or taking something and not paying for it but maybe you do.....:rolleyes:

wildstangs
06-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Aren't most schools funded by the state or federal Government? Did someone from Snyder pay for their football field with cash? No, I am sure that Government funds were used to pay for it.

Phantom Stang
06-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Black_Magic's obsession with Sweetwater cracks me up.:D

thewyliefan
06-17-2006, 03:04 PM
yea pretty sure there wasnt a rich guy in snyder that one day decided to buy a stadium for the football team

people always talk about how rich wylie is but its not like we had a bake sale and paid for it our selves.....the money is going to come from the state

mustang04
06-17-2006, 05:37 PM
I didnt think taking well fare was a source of Pride

its not the fact of taking it...its the fact of swallowing your pride to accept it, which i believe takes a better man to do so (by the way, i will be in snyder tonight):D

maybe i can give that tiger outside yalls stadium another visit, i just hope the rich guy who baught it HIMSELF with cash doesnt get offended:rolleyes:

SWMustang
06-17-2006, 11:41 PM
[i]
maybe i can give that tiger outside yalls stadium another visit, i just hope the rich guy who baught it HIMSELF with cash doesnt get offended:rolleyes: [/B]

Reg will be "catting" in Snyder.

Black_Magic
06-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Aren't most schools funded by the state or federal Government? Did someone from Snyder pay for their football field with cash? No, I am sure that Government funds were used to pay for it. Local Tax Money to build a Staduim comes from the people In the same county. Federal Money Comes From the Federal Government. Snyder Tax Money Built Tiger stadium. Snyder Tax Money also Had a part in paying for The Mustang bowl... Your welcome.:) AGAIN.. The people of Sweetwater have not payed for the mustang bowl not even the field turf put in. BUT some of them want to talk trash about other fields. Thats what is Ironic here.:rolleyes:

wildstangs
06-18-2006, 08:49 AM
So the Federal Gov. paid to build Mustang Bowl, or did tax money from Snyder pay for it?

SWMustang
06-18-2006, 08:52 AM
AGAIN.. The people of Sweetwater have not payed for the mustang bowl

After giving this some thought, I think you're right Blackie. Snyder tax dollars that could have been spent on your spelling skills were squandered on the Mustang Bowl.

mustang04
06-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Local Tax Money to build a Staduim comes from the people In the same county. Federal Money Comes From the Federal Government. Snyder Tax Money Built Tiger stadium. Snyder Tax Money also Had a part in paying for The Mustang bowl... Your welcome.:) AGAIN.. The people of Sweetwater have not payed for the mustang bowl not even the field turf put in. BUT some of them want to talk trash about other fields. Thats what is Ironic here.:rolleyes:

well..as much as i'd like to argue with ya...i still gotta say Happy Father's Day cuz I know you are one!:)

oh well
06-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Where is GET-HER-WRong @

Black_Magic
06-19-2006, 10:44 AM
So the Federal Gov. paid to build Mustang Bowl, or did tax money from Snyder pay for it? Yes the Federal Gov paid to build the Mustang Bowl. Snyder people pay Federal Taxes too. What Im saying is Snyder folks most likely contributed to the funds that were used to build it just as much as Sweetwater Tax payers. Abilene folks also paid for it and so did Leveland folks ect. and so on... Look the only point im trying to make by even bringing it up is in response to the comment about Tiger Stadium being a junk yard ( that still baffles me how you could say that about one of the best 3A Stadiums in west texas.) If Folks from Sweetwater are going to make a statement like that then they should be able to take a few FACTS being stated about the Mustang Bowl. dont ya think?

pero chato
06-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I don't really have a dog in this hunt about the stadiums. Snyder's is indeed one of the best as is Sweetwater's regardless of who paid for it. My only heartburn with the Snyder facility is that the Snyder fans have a section located on the visitors side. This makes for some not very nice things to be said at close range.

Ranger Mom
06-19-2006, 02:59 PM
OMG!!!! I am gone for 3 days and this topic is STILL being argued???

IMO, Sweetwater's stadium has a more "game" atmosphere. I have been to Snyder's stadium a time or two though, and didn't see anything wrong with it.

Both those stadiums are WAY WAY WAY better than ours!!:( :(

Black_Magic
06-19-2006, 04:13 PM
OMG!!!! I am gone for 3 days and this topic is STILL being argued???

IMO, Sweetwater's stadium has a more "game" atmosphere. I have been to Snyder's stadium a time or two though, and didn't see anything wrong with it.

Both those stadiums are WAY WAY WAY better than ours!!:( :( I may have missed it but I dont remember anything being said about Game atmosphere. If you will go back and read the thread RM you will see a refrence to TIger stadium as a "Junkyard" . Now I Just Called attention to the FACT that Sweetwaters Mustang bowl was not even paid for by them and even the recent Field Turf has not been paid for.... They clearly too offence to those little tid bits being disclosed. I just think If folks from Swater dont like that being said or disclosed then they should not talk about other peoples stadiums. Is that not a fair statement?

Ranger Mom
06-19-2006, 04:23 PM
I may have missed it but I dont remember anything being said about Game atmosphere. If you will go back and read the thread RM you will see a refrence to TIger stadium as a "Junkyard" . Now I Just Called attention to the FACT that Sweetwaters Mustang bowl was not even paid for by them and even the recent Field Turf has not been paid for.... They clearly too offence to those little tid bits being disclosed. I just think If folks from Swater dont like that being said or disclosed then they should not talk about other peoples stadiums. Is that not a fair statement?

I don't give a rat's patooty who said what about who, what was paid for by whomever...blah blah blah.

I was just giving MY opinion of the stadiums....not responding to any certain post on here.

I will say it again......The Mustang Stadium and the Tiger Stadium is TONS better than the Ranger Stadium so I personally won't trash either one of them!!

mustang04
06-19-2006, 05:55 PM
hey blacky....i'd honestly rather have a brand new dodge cummins 4x4 that is not paid for than drive a 1985 station wagon that is paid for...get my drift??? sry, but yalls stadium just doesnt even compare to ours, whether its paid for or not! i dont care if ours was built and paid for by the fed. govt....guess which stadium hosts more playoff games for different classifications, sweetwater or snyder???? i talk to ppl all the time at ASU and they are like "man, ur from sweetwater, yall have a bad@$$ stadium, we played there that one year, etc." but i bet they havent even heard of snyders 'premier west texas stadium' haha

bottom line...our stadium is better regardless:)

oh well
06-19-2006, 07:20 PM
WHere is get er done I mean get her wrong he started the negative stuff that he knows a liitle bit about then no showa for 3 days.

GetRDoneStangs
06-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by oh well
WHere is get er done I mean get her wrong he started the negative stuff that he knows a liitle bit about then no showa for 3 days.

I don't know if u r talkin about me... I m a busy guy.. I did not talk trash about the Syder Stadium... I was on it last year and the field was in good shape..I will leave it at that.. My issue is not ::::

"AT ALL WITH THE SNYDER FOLKS or THE STADIUM"
"oh well".......Where have yu been??? I have posted more today than in the past...I have not trashed Snyder so give up....

oh well
06-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Your statement was to the fact that you know why Snyder & Sweetwater are not playing yet you have no clue you like to say you do because you call folks and invite them to the Sammy Baugh Classic.

GetRDoneStangs
06-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Snyder was invited to the Sammy Baugh last year, but it didn't work out. We wanted Snyder to play in the inaugral event because of the relationship Snyder has to the Baugh family. (Rotan the same way).

Coach Rogers requested a 2 year deal to play in the Classic (as well as other schools have), but at this time it is not set up to do that. The main reason is that the Classic rotates weekends to allow Sweetwtaer to be at home that particular weekend.

My point I was trying to make is that both schools have small districts, which means more non-district games. Sweetwater-Snyder would be less travel, more folks going to the game, more folks eating at local places, a bigger gate.... and oh yea.... there is that little rivalry thing....

I hope I cleard that up for you... I was never trashing Snyder with the Sammy Baugh Classic.

oh well
06-20-2006, 08:53 AM
No but you did say on here our Head Coach is the reason we will not play. When the only game we were offered was week 2. DO not feel you should put someones name on here even if you do not know how to spell it

Ranger Mom
06-20-2006, 09:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sign0023.gif

(This seemed like the perfect thread for this smilie)

DaHop72
06-20-2006, 09:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sign0023.gif

(This seemed like the perfect thread for this smilie) SHOW SOME COMPASSION:mad:

Adidas410s
06-20-2006, 09:50 AM
when will you people ever learn to just get along!

Ranger Mom
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
when will you people ever learn to just get along!

N-E-V-E-R!!!!!

DaHop72
06-20-2006, 09:58 AM
when will you people ever learn to just get along! If that ever happened it would ruin everybodys fun.

Black_Magic
06-20-2006, 12:08 PM
hey blacky....i'd honestly rather have a brand new dodge cummins 4x4 that is not paid for than drive a 1985 station wagon that is paid for...get my drift??? sry, but yalls stadium just doesnt even compare to ours, whether its paid for or not! i dont care if ours was built and paid for by the fed. govt....guess which stadium hosts more playoff games for different classifications, sweetwater or snyder???? i talk to ppl all the time at ASU and they are like "man, ur from sweetwater, yall have a bad@$$ stadium, we played there that one year, etc." but i bet they havent even heard of snyders 'premier west texas stadium' haha

bottom line...our stadium is better regardless:) Well in the real world if you go get a dodge cimmins 4x4 and the dont make the payments it gets reposesed ..:clap: Too bad that cant happen with the field turf.:rolleyes: ... Get My drift?:rolleyes: .. Bet thos people that talk about how great sweetwaters stadium is dont know that it was a well fare gift/ default deal..:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
If I remember last year's 17-6 win over Snyder in Snyder right...
the only thing keeping up with all that speed of Sweetwater's
was the tumbleweeds blowing down the field.

pero chato
06-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If I remember last year's 17-6 win over Snyder in Snyder right...
the only thing keeping up with all that speed of Sweetwater's
was the tumbleweeds blowing down the field.

Now that should smooth things over for awhile.

Sweetwater Red
06-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Now that should smooth things over for awhile.

Well, if it does...I want everyone to know that that was not my
intention...:D

Snydertigersrul
06-29-2006, 10:20 PM
I know both head coaches personally and Sweetwater wouldn't agree to a date to play. Check the preseason poll and see which team is ranked higher. As far as Wylie, I'm sure Sandifer didn't want to play Snyder after losing two years in a row.

mustang04
06-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Well in the real world if you go get a dodge cimmins 4x4 and the dont make the payments it gets reposesed ..:clap: Too bad that cant happen with the field turf.:rolleyes: ... Get My drift?:rolleyes: .. Bet thos people that talk about how great sweetwaters stadium is dont know that it was a well fare gift/ default deal..:rolleyes:

haha...you HONESTLY think ppl would care about that....i could care less if kyle field wasnt paid for, cuz i'd LOVE to play there.....you sure are stuck on the whole welfare deal..and i really dont think that anybody from sweetwater cares....:D

DU_stud04
06-29-2006, 10:53 PM
haha...you HONESTLY think ppl would care about that....i could care less if kyle field wasnt paid for, cuz i'd LOVE to play there.....you sure are stuck on the whole welfare deal..and i really dont think that anybody from sweetwater cares....:D

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 08:42 AM
haha...you HONESTLY think ppl would care about that....i could care less if kyle field wasnt paid for, cuz i'd LOVE to play there.....you sure are stuck on the whole welfare deal..and i really dont think that anybody from sweetwater cares....:D you must because your the one defending it. Look Its like some of the trash of the world going down and charging off a big screen and a bunch of other expensive stuff then not paying for it. Then, making fun of the nieghbors 27 inch TV and braging what a great big screen they have. Im just being the one letting people know that the stuff your brag about was not and has not been paid for by you and the stuff you brag about that has been paid for was paid for by the government( well fare ).

Looks like we have a new person to stir the pot.

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 08:53 AM
This thread will never die! :D

It may get closed if Black Magic continues to booze it up and
post at the same time....But, it won't die...:devil:

STANG RED
06-30-2006, 09:04 AM
you must because your the one defending it. Look Its like some of the trash of the world going down and charging off a big screen and a bunch of other expensive stuff then not paying for it. Then, making fun of the nieghbors 27 inch TV and braging what a great big screen they have. Im just being the one letting people know that the stuff your brag about was not and has not been paid for by you and the stuff you brag about that has been paid for was paid for by the government( well fare ).

Looks like we have a new person to stir the pot.

Blackie, If thats the way you look at it, then we're all on wellfare to some extent. Who keeps the streets paved in your naighborhood? Who keeps the grassed mowed along the sides of the highways around Snyder? Also, Snyder gets a huge economic benefit from that big prison just east of town. I guess you could even call that welfare for Snyder since it is all supported by government money.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 09:33 AM
OMG!! If you are gonna use the word, at least spell it correctly!

WELFARE

I don't know why that's driving me nuts, but it is!!:p :p

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 09:51 AM
This thread will never die! :D

It may get closed if Black Magic continues to booze it up and
post at the same time....But, it won't die...:devil: 1) I didnt bring the thread back up. 2) I didnt bring the topic (Mustang bowl turf still not being paid for ) back up. 3) what about my comments are false?

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 10:07 AM
1) I did not say you brought it up.
2) I think Stang Red is waiting for your reply on this thread.
3) You took a shot at me on another thread in the middle of the
night after you sucked the worm out of a Cuervo bottle and I did
not find it til someone else brought the thread back up.
4) Be man, take your lace panties and wonder bra off, and
respond to me on that thread.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Here is the way I see it, and this is my opinion and MY opinion only!

Sweetwater and Snyder both have nice fields. If I had to pick my favorite, it would be Sweetwater.

Not because I like Sweetwater better, but just because of the whole "bowl experience".

Now, that being said, I could care less who paid for the field, or if it's even paid for or not! Same as I could care less about who paid for Snyder's and whether it's paid off or not.

IMO. those facts are neither here nor there.

Sweetwater fans have every right to be proud of their field, as do Snyder fans. This constant arguing over who paid for what and who defaulted who is petty and just plain childish!

The great majority of us on here could CARE LESS!!

DaHop72
06-30-2006, 10:13 AM
respond to me on that thread. http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8774/no0wk.gif (http://imageshack.us)

sww-bull52
06-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanx RM. The majority of us from these two towns could care less also. We in Sweetwater are proud of our field. I BELIEVE we are still makeing payments on our turf, but that, like you said is niether here nor there.
I think Snyder has a nice facility also. The only problem I have over there is the seating. But even that doesn't stop me from going to the games.
Come on guys, grow up.

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Here is the way I see it, and this is my opinion and MY opinion only!

Sweetwater and Snyder both have nice fields. If I had to pick my favorite, it would be Sweetwater.

Not because I like Sweetwater better, but just because of the whole "bowl experience".

Now, that being said, I could care less who paid for the field, or if it's even paid for or not! Same as I could care less about who paid for Snyder's and whether it's paid off or not.

IMO. those facts are neither here nor there.

Sweetwater fans have every right to be proud of their field, as do Snyder fans. This constant arguing over who paid for what and who defaulted who is petty and just plain childish!

The great majority of us on here could CARE LESS!!

That's all we need is a responsible adult being the voice of reason
on this thread.:D

Phantom Stang
06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
. Look Its like some of the trash of the world going down and charging off a big screen and a bunch of other expensive stuff then not paying for it. Then, making fun of the nieghbors 27 inch TV and braging what a great big screen they have.
I didn't know you lived in Southlake!!!:eek:

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8774/no0wk.gif (http://imageshack.us)

DaHop72 when I reach the number of posts needed to get an
avatar can I use this? Yes, I know what it is...:D

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
That's all we need is a responsible adult being the voice of reason
on this thread.:D

Sorry.....every so often "mom mode" kicks in and I have to point out the obvious!:p

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Thanx RM. The majority of us from these two towns could care less also. We in Sweetwater are proud of our field. I BELIEVE we are still makeing payments on our turf, but that, like you said is niether here nor there.
I think Snyder has a nice facility also. The only problem I have over there is the seating. But even that doesn't stop me from going to the games.
Come on guys, grow up.

The only two debating the fields are BM and 04 ???

Black_Magic
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I didn't know you lived in Southlake!!!:eek: What in the world are you talking about now?

DaHop72
DaHop72 when I reach the number of posts needed to get an
avatar can I use this? Yes, I know what it is...:D Sure, knock yourself out. It's a simple avatar that means no.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 10:22 AM
The only two debating the fields are BM and 04 ???

I think you are right. They have been debating it for a couple of years now!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phantom Stang
06-30-2006, 10:26 AM

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey , The way I see it is if you cant take it then dont dish it out. Its funny how people can make comments like they have made about Snyders stadium calling it a "junk yard" THEN, when I mention a couple of undisputed facts about the Mustang bowl, you get all worked up. Funny how some get all defensive about one thing and turn a blind eye to what brought the whole thing up. Like I have said before. Dont knock on someones door and ask them to play if you dont want them to play to win. If you cant take it then dont start stuff.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
Just a little Metroplex humor for those that don't give a rat's a$$ about you're argument.;)

"MY" argument??:confused:

Phantom Stang
oops!!
Wrong Quote!!
Sorry RM!!!:doh:

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey , The way I see it is if you cant take it then dont dish it out. Its funny how people can make comments like they have made about Snyders stadium calling it a "junk yard" THEN, when I mention a couple of undisputed facts about the Mustang bowl, you get all worked up. Funny how some get all defensive about one thing and turn a blind eye to what brought the whole thing up. Like I have said before. Dont knock on someones door and ask them to play if you dont want them to play to win. If you cant take it then dont start stuff.:rolleyes:

Uh, 04 isn't here. So, you're basically arguing with yourself.:doh:

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 10:30 AM
oops!!
Wrong Quote!!
Sorry RM!!!:doh: tell us what your talking about then because you are not making any sense.

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Uh, 04 isn't here. So, you're basically arguing with yourself.:doh: Heck then half of your posts fall under the same circumstances. So now everyone has to be on to post to something??:rolleyes:

Phantom Stang
06-30-2006, 10:35 AM
What in the world are you talking about now?
Just a little inside Metroplex humor for those that don't give a rat's a$$ about you're argument!;)

That's what I meant to say!!:D

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 10:38 AM
respond to me on that thread.

If you want to reply to something reply to this. I am here.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Did anyone ever play that game when you were younger "Got you last"! (Where the person who gets the last hit...wins).

That's what this thread reminds me of!

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Heck then half of your posts fall under the same circumstances. So now everyone has to be on to post to something??:rolleyes: I got it now. so your from Southlake. My fault. I didnt get that until now.:doh:

Black_Magic
06-30-2006, 10:43 AM
If you want to reply to something reply to this. I am here. dont know what your talking about . what do you want me to reply to?

Phantom Stang
06-30-2006, 10:59 AM
I got it now. so your from Southlake. My fault. I didnt get that until now.:doh:
No.... I live close to there. Southlake is an affluent suburb of DFW. While most of the residents there, are successfull business people and athletes; it has it's fair share of credit bandits.

Tiger Baseball
07-01-2006, 04:00 PM
What is the average age on this thread! 12

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_211.gif

mustang04
07-01-2006, 04:16 PM
So now everyone has to be on to post to something??:rolleyes:

are you implying that i am on invisible????? cuz if so, sry but ive been up a wind turbine all day troubleshooting it and just now got home to read this thread

first of all....i dunno what your'e talkin about "dont dish it if you cant take it" im pretty sure i made myself clear when i said that the bottom line was that our field is better than yalls no matter who paid for it or what

and second of all...i dont do the ghost thing.....if im on 3adownlow, you'll know! i have no reason to get on secretly:D

c'mon now..you of ALL posters should know i like making my presence known...well besides rangermom, but sry i am not going to flirt with you like i do with her:D

mustang04
07-01-2006, 04:18 PM

well...i KNOW for a fact im 20 and rangermom, phantom stang, blackie, and dahop are all a lil' older than me....so i think 12 is a bad guess for the age!!! but then again.....we dont act our age (i act more like an adult than blackie!!!!:D )

Ranger Mom
07-01-2006, 06:10 PM
well...i KNOW for a fact im 20 and rangermom, phantom stang, blackie, and dahop are all a lil' older than me..D )

Just a tad...:p

Ranger Mom
07-01-2006, 06:14 PM

Guess again!!

Age Demographics (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15269&highlight=demographics)

Phantom Stang
07-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Just a tad...:p
yep:smoker:

Black_Magic
07-01-2006, 10:29 PM
well...i KNOW for a fact im 20 and rangermom, phantom stang, blackie, and dahop are all a lil' older than me....so i think 12 is a bad guess for the age!!! but then again.....we dont act our age (i act more like an adult than blackie!!!!:D ) LOL oh yes your real mature! I loved the mature picture of you on the behind the Tiger:rolleyes:

DU_stud04
07-01-2006, 11:15 PM
LOL oh yes your real mature! I loved the mature picture of you on the behind the Tiger:rolleyes:

that one was quite funny:D

Sweetwater Red
07-02-2006, 12:50 PM
ttt