PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs Gonzaga

Buccaneer
06-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Here are the top non-conference games set so far for Texas:

•Dec. 2: Against Gonzaga in Phoenix as part of a Basketball Hall of Fame Challenge doubleheader that includes Arizona vs. Illinois.

•Dec. 10: Against LSU in the Toyota Center in Houston in a rematch of their regional semifinal in March.

•Dec. 19: Home against Arkansas.

•Dec. 23: On the road at Tennessee.

•Jan 20: On the road at Villanova.

AggieJohn
06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
glad to know texas knows how to schedule quality opponents

Bullaholic
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Serious or sacasm, AJ? And you left a capital "T" off of "Texas".

3afan
06-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Serious or sacasm, AJ? And you left a capital "T" off of "Texas".

here was aTm's non-conf schedule last season ....

Southern
Mississippi Valley State
Tulane
Penn State
North Texas
Grambling State
Savannah State
Auburn
Texas Southern
Northwestern State
@ Pacific

very, very weak --- but, it served them very well ... look where they were at the end of the season. they needed Ws at the start of the season, not to get whacked by big name opponents. maybe in time they can get Ws against the big name opponents.

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I can't find A&M's 06-07 schedule yet. I did see they are playing UCLA in the John Wooden classic though.

KTJ
06-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

:confused:

Txbroadcaster
06-15-2006, 06:06 PM
I will ASSUME he meant it withut sarcasm, because Texas over the last 4 years have had one of the toughest non-con schedules in America

Bulldog_12
06-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I can't find A&M's 06-07 schedule yet. I did see they are playing UCLA in the John Wooden classic though.

It isnt up yet, but word on the street is that it will be very tough this year. We have set in stone a game at LSU, UCLA, and perhaps Wisconsin coming in. I also know that Pacific is coming to College Station, and we make a return trip to Auburn.

big daddy russ
06-15-2006, 08:17 PM
I was at that Auburn game last year at Reed. I wept.

Bulldog_12
06-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I was at that Auburn game last year at Reed. I wept.

I was there too. I came in especially for that game over Christmas Break. It was a fairly decent game.

big daddy russ
06-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, but A&M never really let Auburn back in it there at the end. After that game, I knew A&M would be very competitive in Big XII play (I figured they'd get into the dance) and the Auburn would tank. Auburn had a TON of athletes this past year, they just didn't have many basketball players.