PDA

View Full Version : Good Times JJ

TxRedneck13
06-14-2006, 09:58 PM
« Former AP star making bigger name | Main

Good Times, J.J.
June 14, 2006 02:46 PM
When is it good for your NBA draft status to get arrested for DWI? When the Portland Trail Blazers have a high pick and you are former Duke guard J.J. Redick.

Around 1 a.m. on Monday night/Tuesday morning, the Associated Press College Basketball Player of the Year was behind the wheel when he saw a police checkpoint ahead. Making an illegal U-turn on the Durham area highway, Redick was stopped and tested with a blood alcohol content of 0.11. (The legal limit for drivers in North Carolina is 0.08.)

The leading scorer in ACC history was expected to be a mid-first round pick in the June 28 NBA draft.

He has since canceled a scheduled Wednesday workout with the Orlando Magic, who have the No. 11 pick. The Magic don't know why, but I do.

Redick will be the fourth overall pick of the Trail Blazers. The most troubled team in the NBA, Redick's action reek of not only of alcohol (as mentioned by police who arrested him) but of a man ready to build his street cred as he prepares for what could be a short NBA career.

Many scouts question Redick's ability to play in the NBA, especially on the defensive end. But his offense is also no sure thing, unless he becomes a long-range sharpshooter.

While I really doubt that Portland would pick Redick, based on his ability to play, they would make a cute couple. Here's to success ... You'll toast to that, right J.J.?

AggieJohn
06-14-2006, 10:51 PM
i think he elevated his status by this...to number 4, with the trailblazers

BreckTxLonghorn
06-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

HAHAHAHA.....that made my morning. The thing is, it wouldn't surprise me if you were right.

Adidas410s
06-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

:clap: :clap: :clap: