PDA

View Full Version : Gold Hunter Digs 60-foot-deep Hole In Yard

TxRedneck13
06-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Gold hunter digs 60-foot-deep hole in yard

MONTCLAIR, Calif. (AP) -- A homeowner digging for gold in his front yard said he got "carried away" and ended up with a 60-foot-deep hole, authorities said.

Norm Enrique, 63, began digging 10 days ago after his gold detector reported a positive hit near his front patio. He told authorities he only intended to go down 3 or 4 feet.

Fire officials called to the scene Tuesday found two men that Enrique hired were inside the unreinforced hole, using a bucket and rope to remove dirt.

"We told him, 'You're done,'" said Montclair Fire Capt. Rich Baldwin. "It's amazing no one got killed."

Authorities fenced off Enrique's property.

Officials from the state Occupational Safety and Health Administration likely will visit the property Wednesday to determine how to shore up and fill the hole, authorities said.

Enrique will be required to hire and pay for a licensed engineer, Baldwin said.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Adidas410s
06-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Here's your sign...

http://www.danggoodjokes.com/pavement/sign.gif

SintonFan
06-14-2006, 05:05 PM
"gold detector"?

injuredinmelee
06-14-2006, 05:06 PM
there needs to be a law were certain people are not allowed to procreate.

Phil C
06-14-2006, 05:39 PM
On the other hand if he had hit gold he would have been rich indeed.
I think I will start digging in my yard this afternoon. :)

pirate44
06-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
On the other hand if he had hit gold he would have been rich indeed.
I think I will start digging in my yard this afternoon. :)
im sure your neighbors will be so happy, they will pitch in without you even asking;)