PDA

View Full Version : Mavs/Heat Question

Adidas410s
06-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Many people in Dallas keep saying, "I kinda want the series to go 6 games so that we can finish it off in Dallas." I must ask this though...if the Heat get back to Dallas...would they have some momentum coming with them? That means they have either won 3 in a row or 2 out of the last 3. What do you think?

Phil C
06-14-2006, 02:11 PM
If Dallas can win the next two games they should do so. You can't take a chance even if you have the last two games at home. If Dallas wins one of the next two it will be great but if they lose the next two they are in trouble.
Also, even if they close it out in Miami, can you imagine the greeting they will get at the airport when they arive in Dallas. Plus the celebration that would be coming.

Adidas410s
06-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
If Dallas can win the next two games they should do so. You can't take a chance even if you have the last two games at home. If Dallas wins one of the next two it will be great but if they lose the next two they are in trouble.
Also, even if they close it out in Miami, can you imagine the greeting they will get at the airport when they arive in Dallas. Plus the celebration that would be coming.

I saw the celebrations after the San Antonio and Phoenix planes returned at like 2AM and it was awesome! Somethins special to be a part of indeed. Kinda gave this giant NBA thing a "small town HS feel" for a few minutes

Phil C
06-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Ad It was like when Dallas won the Super Bowls in the NFL. Big celebration. I remember in the 70s when Dallas lost a close one to Pittsburgh when the Cowboys got to the airport they had a big welcome from the fans even though they lost. What was pointed out was they had more fans show up than when Pittsburgh showed up at their airport. Of course maybe the weather in Pittsburgh was bad since it was in January.

Maroon87
06-14-2006, 04:00 PM
I'd be a little worried if it gets back to Dallas if I were a Mavs fan, but they're still better than the Heat IMO. If they come back to AAC just hope the Mavs are up. That's why Horry's performance in Game 5 last year was so big for SA...if they lose that game, they basically lose the series because Detrioit won Game 6. I think the Mavs will get one in Miami though.