PDA

View Full Version : To Dallas Mavericks Fans

Phil C
06-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Don't be discouraged. I really thought Miami would be up for last night's game and I really didn't expect a sweep. Remember Dallas is still up 2 - 1 and will still be in great shape if the Mavs can at least win one in Miami. I would hate to go back to Dallas down 2 - 3 though so Dallas needs a win in Miami. I know many of you would love to have it finished off in Dallas but believe you me it is best to end it if you can anywhere.

Good teams win on the road. That must be remembered.

Dallas can still win this series.

pirate44
06-14-2006, 09:57 AM
next 2 games go to Dallas

Go Mavs!!

Adidas410s
06-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Even when we took a lead in the 3rd and 4th I didn't think we would win it. Dwayne Wade was playing great and the supporting cast was knocking down some shots. Plus, we had a very poor shooting game and couldn't really count on anybody to knock down a shot when we needed it. We were getting all of our points by driving to the basket and taking layups and free throws. Yeah...that's our game but the jump shots must fall for you to be able to win!

Congrats to the Heat...on to Game 4 tomorrow! :)

Emerson1
06-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Adidas where were your seats at?

SintonFan
06-14-2006, 10:43 AM
I thought Dallas had it won but Miami scratched and clawed back for a win.
I also think Dallas lost some of their composure.:confused:

kaorder1999
06-14-2006, 10:44 AM
is it just me or does Wade end up on the floor after almost every shot attempt?

SintonFan
06-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
It's just you and your little black dog.:D
That happens to Manu all the time too.

Adidas410s
06-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Adidas where were your seats at?

Section 201...then we moved over to a suite on the opposite end for a bit...and then to the bar on the platinum level behind the suites that has a big projection screen in it...pretty fun stuff!

Macarthur
06-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Dallas can still win this series.

Miami has won thier last game. They emptied the entire take for this game. They played about as well as they could and Dallas played about as poorly as they could and they still were lucky because of a Dirk missed FT. Dallas was very sloppy and unagressive. I think Dallas rolls Miami tomorrow. 15+

Dallas is simply the better team.

D_bird
06-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Dallas had won the past 6 in a row against Miami. Miami was due to win a game before long. Dallas will take care of business in the next 2 or 3 games.

Phil C
06-14-2006, 02:12 PM
We must be cautious. Miami has woke up. Scary times indeed.

PHS Wildcats
06-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Yea, keep thinking the Mavs have it easy for the next 2 games:clap:

3afan
06-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Yea, keep thinking the Mavs have it easy for the next 2 games:clap:

i doubt anyone really thinks that .... its gonna be a dogfight

by the way, how come you are anti-Mavs? just curious ........

PHS Wildcats
06-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Just not a Mavs fan, although grew up in East Texas and now in Dallas, I work with Mavs fans and all they talk about is how the NBA is out to get the Mavs and that Stern is out to make sure the Mavs don't win and how the refs hate the Mavs. They whine about how the other team whines about calls and they do the same thing. I don't have a team in Texas( with the exception of the Texas Longhorns, they are my all-time favorite) that I like. MLB it's the Braves, NFL it's the Steelers. Really don't have a favorite team in the NBA grew up rooting for the 76ers. So I would rather see anyone win other than the Mavs.

DaHop72
06-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Just not a Mavs fan, although grew up in East Texas and now in Dallas, I work with Mavs fans and all they talk about is how the NBA is out to get the Mavs and that Stern is out to make sure the Mavs don't win and how the refs hate the Mavs. They whine about how the other team whines about calls and they do the same thing. I don't have a team in Texas( with the exception of the Texas Longhorns, they are my all-time favorite) that I like. MLB it's the Braves, NFL it's the Steelers. Really don't have a favorite team in the NBA grew up rooting for the 76ers. So I would rather see anyone win other than the Mavs. Humm, the Kurt Angle of Texas.:D

Emerson1
06-14-2006, 03:58 PM
and carolina is your favorite hockey team, the chicago AFL team is your favorite to I'm guessing. I hear brazil is a favorite to win the WC, jump on their bandwagon to.

Heat out rebounded dallas by 16 and still were able to just eak out a 2 point win. Dallas has yet to play a complete game, last night was the best we will see the heat. Dwade had his 1 good quarter, shaq had the best game he will have all series, and this was probably Avery Johnson's worst coached game of his career.

PHS Wildcats
06-14-2006, 03:58 PM
if that's what you want to call it:clap:

PHS Wildcats
06-14-2006, 04:01 PM
and carolina is your favorite hockey team, the chicago AFL team is your favorite to I'm guessing. I hear brazil is a favorite to win the WC, jump on their bandwagon to.

Heat out rebounded dallas by 16 and still were able to just eak out a 2 point win. Dallas has yet to play a complete game, last night was the best we will see the heat. Dwade had his 1 good quarter, shaq had the best game he will have all series, and this was probably Avery Johnson's worst coached game of his career.

Carolina has a hockey team. Don't watch hockey and I like The Tampa Bay storm becuase one of my friends play for them.

Hey can I help that my teams are doing well this year, except the Braves.

slpybear the bullfan
06-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Miami has won thier last game. They emptied the entire take for this game. They played about as well as they could and Dallas played about as poorly as they could and they still were lucky because of a Dirk missed FT. Dallas was very sloppy and unagressive. I think Dallas rolls Miami tomorrow. 15+

Dallas is simply the better team.

I think you are dead on... Miami played all out... just had one bad quarter... and still has to rely on Dirk missing and Shaq making it to win.

Be interesting to see if Avery keeps the Mavs focused now... personally, I just think they stopped being agressive when they went up by 13.

slpybear the bullfan
06-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Just not a Mavs fan, although grew up in East Texas and now in Dallas, I work with Mavs fans and all they talk about is how the NBA is out to get the Mavs and that Stern is out to make sure the Mavs don't win and how the refs hate the Mavs. They whine about how the other team whines about calls and they do the same thing. I don't have a team in Texas( with the exception of the Texas Longhorns, they are my all-time favorite) that I like. MLB it's the Braves, NFL it's the Steelers. Really don't have a favorite team in the NBA grew up rooting for the 76ers. So I would rather see anyone win other than the Mavs.

LOL... PHS... I think that everyone grew up with a kid like you in the class.

GO MAVS!
GO RANGERS!
GO COWBOYS!
GO STARS!
GO CATS!
GO DBU PATRIOTS!
GO BULLS!

Emerson1
06-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
He flops more than Raja Bell and Manu Ginobli combined. If he has the ball stolen or blocked he throws himself the ground.

Emerson1
06-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Be interesting to see if Avery keeps the Mavs focused now... personally, I just think they stopped being agressive when they went up by 13.
Exactly the reason they lost, it's not their style of play to walk up court, pass the ball 5 times then wait till their is 4 seconds left to run a play. They have to keep pushing like it's the first quarter.

slpybear the bullfan
06-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I agree... I have said many, many times I don't understand basketball... especially the NBA.

But...

When you are having success slicing and dicing the Heat up the middle with the fast legs of Terry, Harris, Josh, etc... why stop?

After the Josh Howard foul - 3 pt play... the Mavs drew their horns in and got waaaaayyyy to comfortable playing the perimeter and waiting till under 5 on the shot clock.

KTJ
06-14-2006, 09:07 PM
He flops more than Raja Bell and Manu Ginobli combined. If he has the ball stolen or blocked he throws himself the ground.

No one flops more that Manu. He's the king of flopping.

Chris Hart
06-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Dallas is simply the better team. My thoughts exactly! Dallas should've never lost last night's game, they were hosed on a foul Shaq committed, and then Shaq hitting two big free throws and Dirk missing 1 of 2 doesn't happen often. The real NBA championship was played between San Antonio and Dallas. IMO, I even think Phoenix could beat Miami in a 7 game series.

SintonFan
06-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
No one flops more that Manu. He's the king of flopping.
Heresy I say! HERESY!!!!!!!:o
Be honest, would you take a Manu on your team(most would lol)?:p