PDA

View Full Version : TCU Football Gets Expanded TV Coverage

Bullaholic
06-13-2006, 09:25 PM
From the "Dallas Morning News".........

TCU-Baylor game moved to Sept. 3

03:39 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 13, 2006
From Staff Reports

TCU's football season opener at Baylor, originally scheduled for Sept. 2, has been moved to Sept. 3 to accommodate national television on Fox Sports Net. Kickoff will be at 4:30 p.m. CDT at Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco.

For the first time in school history, TCU will have all its regular-season games on television. Five of those 12 contests will be seen nationally.

TCU and Baylor are meeting for the first time since the breakup of the Southwest Conference following the 1995 season. The Bears won the last two meetings to take a 49-47-7 series edge.

Glad to see the Frogs get a little respect and more media coverage....Rah Rah TCU!

sahen
06-13-2006, 09:36 PM
its gonna be hotter than heck but i'll be at the game....good way to start the season off for the Bears on national tv....sic'em!

AggieJohn
06-13-2006, 09:36 PM
their not getting more respect, their just playing better than average opponents who have more national draw

sahen
06-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
their not getting more respect, their just playing better than average opponents who have more national draw
John dont crush him and the Dallas Morning News so soon...everyone knows TCU is awesome so thats y they r playing this game on TV along w/ all the rest of their games....everyone wants to watch those Frogs play football!

KTJ
06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Actually they ARE getting respect. They are consistantly in the Top 20, and have been battling it out with Tech as to who the 2nd best football team in the state of Texas is. Actually, that battle has been going on for probably the last 5 years or so.

sahen
06-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Actually they ARE getting respect. They are consistantly in the Top 20, and have been battling it out with Tech as to who the 2nd best football team in the state of Texas is. Actually, that battle has been going on for probably the last 5 years or so.
2nd best team or 2nd best record? i find it hard to say TCU is better than any texas team in the big 12 south other than Baylor and thats becoming questionable now....

KTJ
06-13-2006, 09:51 PM
TCU and Tech are both better than Agricultural and Baylor right now.

Until I see something that proves it otherwise....

sahen
06-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Until I see something that proves it otherwise....
watch the game sept. 3rd i guess? u will get to see one school try to prove ur apprantly unarguable point wrong....

Bullaholic
06-13-2006, 10:06 PM

Yea---What they said, AJ...I won't pile on, but you know TCU is gaining more respect and fan support each season, and your post is contradictory---"playing better than average opponents (and beating most in the bowls) who have more national draw." Pretty good definition of "respect" in most folks minds, AJ.

KTJ
06-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by sahen
watch the game sept. 3rd i guess? u will get to see one school try to prove ur apprantly unarguable point wrong....

How is the point wrong?

What have Baylor and Agricultural done the last few years for me to say they are better than TCU? No bowl games (no winning bowl games for Agricultural) and no ranking in the top 25. TCU and Tech have had both of those, consistantly, over the last 5 years.

I honestly hope you do beat them on the 3rd. In fact, I'm rooting for Baylor to have a great season this year and I want them to do well. But if you think has been a better team than TCU over the last few years, I think you're kidding yourself.

sahen
06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
How is the point wrong?

What have Baylor and Agricultural done the last few years for me to say they are better than TCU? No bowl games (no winning bowl games for Agricultural) and no ranking in the top 25. TCU and Tech have had both of those, consistantly, over the last 5 years.

I honestly hope you do beat them on the 3rd. In fact, I'm rooting for Baylor to have a great season this year and I want them to do well. But if you think has been a better team than TCU over the last few years, I think you're kidding yourself.
if we had the schedule that TCU had then we would be in bowls and be ranked as well.....who did TCU beat to warrant a top 20 ranking last year? OU w/ a wideout as QB and an Iowa State team taht was less than impressive.....heck Baylor beat Iowa State more convicingly than TCU did in Ames while TCU had probs w/ them in Houston, Baylor almost beat OU with a real quarterback and lets not even mention TCU lost to SMU who Baylor beat as well in Dallas and the Aggies destroyed in Aggieland....TCU gets ranked because they play NOBODY all year long so they get to have 11-1 seasons, they are the media's pity party trying to find a team to screw up the BCS by throwing a mid major in the mix....im glad TCU is ranked in the top 20's because it would be dang near pathetic if they couldnt go dang near perfect every year with the schedule they play, and since 11-1 warrants a top 20 ranking then by all means im happy they are there....it is hard to argue whether or not what team would beat which one on a given saturday but if TCU played either A&M or Baylor in a 3 games series i would put my money on the Aggies and the Bears winning atleast 2 of those each time, those 2 teams r more battle tested and may lose more games, be in less bowls, and not be ranked as high however they play better teams consistantly and have the experience to win the games, TCU cant just out athlete them like they do to the MWC, CUSA or whatever conference they r in this year....

KTJ
06-13-2006, 10:25 PM
they are the media's pity party trying to find a team to screw up the BCS by throwing a mid major in the mix.

But ultimately, isn't that what we all want...a team to screw up the BCS so we can get rid of it. :D

Seriously, I think Baylor will shock a lot of folks next year. I'm rooting for you all the way. A bowl game should be in the cards this year.

sahen
06-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
But ultimately, isn't that what we all want...a team to screw up the BCS so we can get rid of it. :D

Seriously, I think Baylor will shock a lot of folks next year. I'm rooting for you all the way. A bowl game should be in the cards this year.
i hope you are right, we need a bowl game cause im sick of sitting at home in december/janurary and watchin everyone else on tv.....

and yes that is what we want, however im afraid even if the TCUs and the Utahs of the mid major world who can dominate their conferences keep popping into BCS games they wont have enough pull to destroy the BCS to go to a playoff system or +1 system.....there is just too much money in the bowl system and the NCAA is greedy just like any other buisness...though lately it does seem to be getting closer to a playoff system so maybe they will prove me wrong however i dont think it will be soon....

Aesculus gilmus
06-14-2006, 05:50 AM
Does anyone else think it strange that the largest Baptist university in the world would agree to hold a game on Sunday?

TCU is no longer officially aligned with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), so I can understand them doing anything for the money. Come to think of it, perhaps I did read a few years back that Baylor had more or less cut the ties to the Southern Baptists as well. I know they went through a "rechartering" process about 15 years ago to prevent what the "liberals" there were calling the threat of a SBC "takeover" of the campus.

My prediction: TCU by 50

AggieJohn
06-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by sahen
John dont crush him and the Dallas Morning News so soon...everyone knows TCU is awesome so thats y they r playing this game on TV along w/ all the rest of their games....everyone wants to watch those Frogs play football! yes, everyone in the metroplex and that's it....

AggieJohn
06-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Until I see something that proves it otherwise.... that's right TCU is in a Hard conference KTJ

AggieJohn
06-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Does anyone else think it strange that the largest Baptist university in the world would agree to hold a game on Sunday?

TCU is no longer officially aligned with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), so I can understand them doing anything for the money. Come to think of it, perhaps I did read a few years back that Baylor had more or less cut the ties to the Southern Baptists as well. I know they went through a "rechartering" process about 15 years ago to prevent what the "liberals" there were calling the threat of a SBC "takeover" of the campus.

Baylor by 12

KTJ
06-14-2006, 10:27 AM
that's right TCU is in a Hard conference KTJ

So is that the excuse you're using as to why Agricultural hasn't been winning? Because they are in a "hard conference"?

AggieJohn
06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
So is that the excuse you're using as to why Agricultural hasn't been winning? Because they are in a "hard conference"? i'm sorry i forgot that the MWAC and C-USA also had 7 bowls that they were tied too

KTJ
06-14-2006, 01:09 PM
i'm sorry i forgot that the MWAC and C-USA also had 7 bowls that they were tied too

Your point?

DaHop72
06-14-2006, 01:15 PM
I think these threads rival Snyder vs. Sweetwater:D :D

sahen
06-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

the game is at 4:30, thats perfect timing.....go to church, go home and change clothes, and go tailgate at the game then watch football....Baylor is tied to the Baptist General Convention of Texas now, i believe the Southern Baptist Covention split and the General Convention was teh more liberal of the 2 parts that split so Baylor is tied w/ that though its still very conservative especially for a college....

TCU isnt going to win by 50.....if they win it will be by much less