PDA

View Full Version : ***Breaking News*** UIL aproves HP rule

PHS Wildcats
06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Now before KTJ jump downs my throat. I go this from Smoaky.com

The rule prevents a school from being forced to flip for a playoff stadium that can't accomodate its fans.

If there is a dispute, the U-I-L will determine whether a stadium is adequate, based on fan attendance at the school's previous game.

The rule change comes from a controversy over last season's Class 4-A Division One State Championship Game between Highland Park and Marshall.

Highland Park fans were in an uproar throughout the week before the game because they felt the 12-thousand seat TMF Rose Stadium was too small for the amount of interest in the game.

Highland Park wanted to play at Texas Stadium.

Highland Park beat Marshall 59-0 to win the state championship.

Emerson1
06-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Thats the only eason they did it so HP wouldn't cry when they didn't get their way.

injuredinmelee
06-13-2006, 05:37 PM
That stadium wasnt even close to being big enough for the game and their opponent knew that. It isnt right for coaches to try and do that sort of crap. i can understand them not wanting to go to the metro mess but there were other alternatives.

District303aPastPlayer
06-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
That stadium wasnt even close to being big enough for the game and their opponent knew that. It isnt right for coaches to try and do that sort of crap. i can understand them not wanting to go to the metro mess but there were other alternatives.

question, whats the point in flippin then. this rule totally like, eliminates the process and throws it in the UILs hands

Emerson1
06-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Highland Park could of easily agreed to play at Kyle field like Marshall's coach orignally wanted to, but they refused to agree on anything so they did a coin flip, and when they lost they cried about it.

GetRDoneStangs
06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
The coaches need to get their act together before it gets to the UIL.

I think the "Quality" of a stadiun should be considered as well.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

big daddy russ
06-13-2006, 05:51 PM
That opens up a whole new can of worms.

What would've happened if HP was playing, say, Texarkana? HP has the whole Dallas Metroplex at their disposal. What does Texarkana have? Nac is what, a two- or three-hour drive? It's probably about the same distance to Dallas.

And you know what? One of these days (and it'll happen soon), a coach will want to flip, something like this will happen, and then all the rich, stuck-up people in a place like HP will be in an uproar all over again.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!! If it's a 4A playoff game, a nice 5A stadium should be just fine.

3afan
06-13-2006, 05:53 PM

but they played by the rules

lostaussie
06-13-2006, 07:26 PM
That stadium wasnt even close to being big enough for the game and their opponent knew that. It isnt right for coaches to try and do that sort of crap. i can understand them not wanting to go to the metro mess but there were other alternatives. highland park didn't even fill the stands. the other part of this screw the small town folks deal, is it only is concerning state championship games.

KTJ
06-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Dude, learn to take a joke.

Seriously.