PDA

View Full Version : For UT football fans only!

Phil C
06-13-2006, 09:38 AM
A quote from Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson a few years ago.

At the U.S. Army All American Bowl Peterson donned an OU cap and announced his college choice to a national TV audiance. "One of my goals is win a national championship," he brashly proclaimed, "and they (Longhorns) didn't fit into that catagory."

June 4, 2005 at National Championship Game
USC 55 Oklahoma 19

One year later at National Championship Game
Texas 41 USC 38

:)

AggieJohn
06-13-2006, 09:41 AM
you are on top of it always PhiI C

Adidas410s
06-13-2006, 09:41 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

You stay classy Phil C! :thumbsup:

pirate44
06-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
A quote from Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson a few years ago.

At the U.S. Army All American Bowl Peterson donned an OU cap and announced his college choice to a national TV audiance. "One of my goals is win a national championship," he brashly proclaimed, "and they (Longhorns) didn't fit into that catagory."

June 4, 2005 at National Championship Game
USC 55 Oklahoma 19

One year later at National Championship Game
Texas 41 USC 38

:)
this is by far the biggest, most blatant attemp at post padding :mad:

CenTexSports
06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Where in the world is the COMPASSION?

Why does Texas not fall into the Gulf of Mexico?

Because Oklahoma SUCKS?

kaorder1999
06-13-2006, 10:04 AM
that is awesome. By far my favorite Phil C post...maybe one of the only ones I've ever liked!

Adidas410s
06-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
that is awesome. By far my favorite Phil C post...maybe one of the only ones I've ever liked!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :flamingma

Phil C
06-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Actually I wouldn't have made any comment it on it but AP did knock UT when he signed and kept knocking UT at OU. There is nothing wrong with wanting to win a national championship - in fact that is only a natural goal of any athlete but you shouldn't knock any other school or schools (Yes I know these are young athletes but still they are old enough to know better). I don't even like it when UT athletes knock other schools.
When CAT Osterman came to UT she said it was her goal to win a National Championship for Texas in softball. She said it with class and didn't knock any of the other schools and even though she didn't get that goal she had an outstanding, classy career here.

Adidas410s
06-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Phil...I admire Cat's performance on the field and they way she carried herself off the field

KTJ
06-13-2006, 10:55 AM
His look at the RRS last year was priceless.

Phil C
06-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
His look at the RRS last year was priceless.

Hey KTJ he also was quoted during recruiting that players got better at Oklahoma than at UT which is one reason why he chose Oklahoma. Also he said later it was due to better strength and conditioning coaching. Well we did alright too in the RRS out last year and the UT fans there gave him the well deserved business. :)

Steer Fever
06-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Just wait, AP will have his chance. He is the better football player than the whole texas team as was the case last year except for the qb.
I am just fed up with all the UT OU bashing. why do all the texans have to be ballin' on OU all the time.

it is really simple and clear cut the OU has the better athletic program and has always had the better program.

if UT were so great then why do they have all TEXAS athlete's on their team. because the TRADITION of OU is far greater and better than that of UT.

i was glad to see UT get bounced in the regionals and was so excited to see CAT cry on National T.V. when she got beat at her own game.

O, did i mention that Taylor is a longhorn who got busted for 5lbs of POT and a weapon

it it's one thing thing the " TEXAS Athletic program" does well it is SMOKE POT. you have taylor, you have Ricky williams, and from what i have heard over the years there is plenty more.

i hope UT burns in hell. and so to all the UT wagonhoppers

Old Tiger
06-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Was the quote about Adrian Peterson, that someone had in their signature, "Adrian Peterson is the best thing to come from Palestine since Jesus Christ?"

Old Tiger
06-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
Just wait, AP will have his chance. He is the better football player than the whole texas team as was the case last year except for the qb.
I am just fed up with all the UT OU bashing. why do all the texans have to be ballin' on OU all the time.

it is really simple and clear cut the OU has the better athletic program and has always had the better program.

if UT were so great then why do they have all TEXAS athlete's on their team. because the TRADITION of OU is far greater and better than that of UT.

i was glad to see UT get bounced in the regionals and was so excited to see CAT cry on National T.V. when she got beat at her own game.

O, did i mention that Taylor is a longhorn who got busted for 5lbs of POT and a weapon

it it's one thing thing the " TEXAS Athletic program" does well it is SMOKE POT. you have taylor, you have Ricky williams, and from what i have heard over the years there is plenty more.

i hope UT burns in hell. and so to all the UT wagonhoppers Do some research before you ramble. You just make yourself look like a douche. It wasn't a weapon it was a bullet. About the pot I guess you can say that OU is the MIP/DUI/DWI school if you wanna get real classy. Cat was one of the best players in the world and helped USA get gold in the Olympics so you're just hating on your country by bashing her. Texas is ranked either 3rd or 4th on the all-time win percentage/all time wins.

AggieJohn
06-13-2006, 12:22 PM

might want to have a different username when you post something texas bashing than "steer fever"

it's like me saying "i hate aggies"

Bullaholic
06-13-2006, 12:30 PM

I'll ask you the same thing I once asked the Chief, Steer Fever......How DO you fix your keyboard to type like that?

Big Papa
06-13-2006, 12:51 PM
For UT football fans only!

Adidas410s
06-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Please explain how Texas finishes in the top 2 or 3 EVERY year in the Sears Directors Cup. Since I'm sure you don't know what that is...it's a trophy given to the school with the best all-around athletic program. Stanford wins pretty much every year because they compete in many sports (gymnastics, mens soccer, lacrosse, cross country, rowing, the list goes on and one) that Texas doesn't compete it.

Texas has many players from Texas on it's team because there is enough talent within the state that they don't have to do a lot of recruiting outside of the state. The same is true at USC, UCLA, Ohio St, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Florida St, and Miami...amongst others. Oklahoma on the other hand recruits from Texas because the talent pool is much weaker in their own state than it is in Texas. Also, there is enough talent in Texas that Texas, Texas A&M, AND OU can all have Top 10 recruiting classes while pulling from the same talent pool.

If this is true...then why does he never come through in ANY big game other than the 2004 Texas game?

2004 vs USC...25 carries for 82 yds, 0 TD's
2005 vs TCU...22 carries for 63 yds, 1 TD
2005 vs UCLA...23 carries for 58 yds, 1 TD
2005 vs Texas...3 carries for 10 yards, 0 TD's
2005 vs Texas Tech...29 carries for 108 yds, 2 TD's
2005 vs Oregon...23 carries for 84 yards, 0 TD's

The Tech game was his most "impressive" performance...and he only averaged 3.5 yards/carry.

Seriously James...stop making an ass of yourself! :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM

wow i really thought this jack ass got banned. He is obviously still an imbecile.

Gp83
06-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Great post HO Phil:clap:

Maroon87
06-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow i really thought this jack ass got banned. He is obviously still an imbecile.

Yep.

wedo
06-13-2006, 06:33 PM

If OU is so much greater than UT than why is Ut third in all time wins??? And why do they hold the all time record against OU, a&m, tech?????

O lets not get started on Rhett Bhomar's Drunk A**!!!!

schu1213
06-13-2006, 07:10 PM

Preach it brotha. Haha keep pissin these morons off i love it. Say one thing negative about ut and you are the anitchrist on this freakin site. I agree with the last part of your post even though poeple on this site refuse to believe it its true.

injuredinmelee
06-13-2006, 07:16 PM
What about all the aggies arrested two seasons ago? One of them for masturbation. Does that mean all aggies spank the monkey in public?
ITs probably not wise to align yourself with a guy that has the following that Steer Fever has.

big daddy russ
06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
might want to have a different username when you post something texas bashing than "steer fever"
ROFL.

Originally posted by Adidas410s
Texas has many players from Texas on it's team because there is enough talent within the state that they don't have to do a lot of recruiting outside of the state. The same is true at USC, UCLA, Ohio St, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Florida St, and Miami...amongst others. Oklahoma on the other hand recruits from Texas because the talent pool is much weaker in their own state than it is in Texas. Also, there is enough talent in Texas that Texas, Texas A&M, AND OU can all have Top 10 recruiting classes while pulling from the same talent pool.
Some stats from DCTF. Couldn't find last year's or the '01 issue, but these represent the kids who are still playing Division I-A ball.

DIVISION 1-A SIGNEES BY STATE
........Texas...Cali....Florida...Okie
'04....314......Don't have this info
'03....345......285.......265......40
'02....366......252.......201......38

As you can see, three states dominate recruiting year-in, year-out. FL has averaged a little less than 250 D I-A prospects per year since the mid-90's. Meanwhile, Okie's struggling to find 40 while feeding two major Division I schools... and many of those 40 aren't good enough to play at an Oklahoma or Okie State. Therefore, they, along with Nebraska, Kansas State, Colorado, Arkansas, and tons of other major schools come to Texas to feed their teams.

So what other states churn out the Division I talent?

The list is short. Ohio and Georgia are the only two states that consistently turn out at least 100. Each averages between 120 and 150 prospects per year, but GA almost always has more than Ohio. Beyond that, Louisiana and Alabama will occasionally (albeit rarely) break 100.

wedo
06-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Preach it brotha. Haha keep pissin these morons off i love it. Say one thing negative about ut and you are the anitchrist on this freakin site. I agree with the last part of your post even though poeple on this site refuse to believe it its true.

Everyone that hates on UT is Jealous!!! When was the last time the Ags or should i say Fags won a national title in any sport?? Maybe the Championship in dominoes???

Yeah sure OU has been there three times in six years but only won one!! and that was against a weak Florida State Team!!! I'll put money that the 2000 OU team could not have beaten the 2005 USC Team!!

schu1213
06-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
What about all the aggies arrested two seasons ago? One of them for masturbation. Does that mean all aggies spank the monkey in public?
ITs probably not wise to align yourself with a guy that has the following that Steer Fever has.

I dont even know the guy im just sayin i agree with some of the things he said. Plus i love it when someone says something yall dont like because yall think yall are always right.

big daddy russ
06-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey Schu, are you an A&M fan?

lostaussie
06-13-2006, 07:57 PM

i hope UT burns in hell. and so to all the UT wagonhoppers i'm not a UT fan, but this could be ranked up in the preverbial top 10 in all time downlow stupidedness. talk about the pot calling the kettle black:doh:

schu1213
06-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey Schu, are you an A&M fan?

No not at all

schu1213
06-13-2006, 08:15 PM
I just think since ut won it last year people are ridding them and acting like they are the best college team to ever play. It makes me sick. UT will lose at least two games this year and have no shot at the national championship

wedo
06-13-2006, 08:43 PM
I just think since ut won it last year people are ridding them and acting like they are the best college team to ever play. It makes me sick. UT will lose at least two games this year and have no shot at the national championship

I have been a UT all my life!!! Im not on the wagon!! I hate when a team finally gets something accomplished and someone always has to put them down, saying that it was a one man team and all that BS.

We will see when the season comes around!!!!!!!!!!!

injuredinmelee
06-13-2006, 08:47 PM
I dont even know the guy im just sayin i agree with some of the things he said. Plus i love it when someone says something yall dont like because yall think yall are always right.

I have bled orange my entire life. Some might say that I was raised the right way. I have been p.o.ed and happy many times over and over. I think steer fever is some 15 yr old high school kid shooting off his mouth and has no backing for what he says. Sure a few UT guys got busted with weed. Some Miami guys got busted many times, some OU guys got busted many times, alot of Florida State guys got busted for all sorts of things. In the shallow minded peoples eyes a few bad apples can spoil the bunch but it takes an IQ of about 13 to see that steer fever is strictly driven by the ugliest of emotions... jealousy.

KTJ
06-13-2006, 10:02 PM

I think you're making this up and "thinking that's what people think" so you can say crap like you've said.

No one has said they were the best team ever. And no one here said they will go undefeated and win another NC. I personally think we lose 2. However, we can still make a BCS game.

If that happens, our season is a success.

Phil C
06-14-2006, 09:33 AM

Of course we are. :)

Phil C
06-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Or at least 99% of the time. :)

Phil C
06-14-2006, 09:39 AM

I respect Steer's right to his/her opinion and I agree about being excited about CAT crying on National TV because that still meant that UT was in the final 8 in college softball where any of those final 8 teams can win. Where was Oklahoma? Wait till CAT pitches at the 2008 Olympics in 2 years.

Phil C
06-14-2006, 09:42 AM

In my opinion Steer went too far with this last comment and I feel should be at least reprimanded by the moderators.

Phantom Stang
06-14-2006, 10:05 AM

It seems as though this post is missing something.:thinking:
Wait! I've got it!!!....

So Brothers
Until next time
Your buddie...

Steer Fever
06-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Yes, it's true ever since UT won the title everyone out of the blue falls head over heels in love with them. Please people quit hopping the wagon ever time a team does well.

Just b/c you are from texas doesn't mean you have to root for the longhorns. I'm not a longhorn fan and not really a big OU fan but i root for the aggies all the time.

i just don't like how the longhorns and their fans acted after they won. young doesn't respect anyone but himself his EGO gets the best of him as it does with the rest of the program.

it is my opinion and i just think that UT is classless in how they handle wins and it's really disappointing to see how all the bandwagon jumpers are so in love with this school.

their whole entire athletic program is a joke.

SintonFan
06-14-2006, 12:11 PM

i just don't like how the longhorns and their fans acted after they won. young doesn't respect anyone but himself his EGO gets the best of him as it does with the rest of the program.

it is my opinion and i just think that UT is classless in how they handle wins and it's really disappointing to see how all the bandwagon jumpers are so in love with this school.

Just how was UT fans supposed to act after winning the National Championship?
With jubilation, exuberance and pride(go ahead and look up those words)?
I think you've just pegged yourself as being classless and a joke. Also "jealous as hell" fits your demeanor. :hand:

schu1213
06-14-2006, 12:14 PM
UT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

wedo
06-14-2006, 12:45 PM
dang i click on the wrong one!!!!!! :o

KTJ
06-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Yes, it's true ever since UT won the title everyone out of the blue falls head over heels in love with them. Please people quit hopping the wagon ever time a team does well.

Just b/c you are from texas doesn't mean you have to root for the longhorns. I'm not a longhorn fan and not really a big OU fan but i root for the aggies all the time.

The athletic program is the #1 ranked athletic program in the Nation and you think it's a joke.

The only classless thing is your posts. You don't make any sense, you're really stupid, and have no justification for backing up your arguments except that you're an Aggie who is jealous. UT won the National Championship. What should we have done? You tell me since you know so much about that.

Your analysis on Vince Young just confirms the fact that you have no collective clue about college football and you're just rambling crap and making it up.

un b weavable
06-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Everyone that hates on UT is Jealous!!! When was the last time the Ags or should i say Fags won a national title in any sport?? Maybe the Championship in dominoes???

Everyone that hates UT is jealous? Are you freakin serious? That might be one of the most rediculous things i've ever heard. And calling ags fags... wow, never heard that one before. How long did it take you to think of that one? For the record, the Aggies last national championship was in 1987 in softball (not that thats anything to be proud of). I do have to say the comment about the championship in dominoes was pretty good though.

Steer Fever
06-14-2006, 08:08 PM
of course bangwagon jumpers like this whole forum is made up of. it makes me sick to my belly reading some of the posts that you people jot down. it's really mind boggling

injuredinmelee
06-14-2006, 08:15 PM
of course bangwagon jumpers like this whole forum is made up of. it makes me sick to my belly reading some of the posts that you people jot down. it's really mind boggling

wow im actually impressed that you can read. Your posts are generally made up of unsupported accusations or rash generalizations. You have never made a post on this forum that in any way provided valuable information or unbiased opinions.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-14-2006, 08:54 PM

Then don't read it. Simple as that. Saves your belly from getting sick, and saves us from reading your shallow, unorganized thoughts.

pirate4state
06-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Then don't read it. Simple as that. Saves your belly from getting sick, and saves us from reading your shallow, unorganized thoughts. That would be to easy :rolleyes:

SintonFan
06-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Look, I support all Texas sports. Period!
I seriously think you don't understand decorum and respect for starters. Why lash out at 50% of the populance here and expect them to *gasp* defend their teams or bring up holes in much of what you say? Is it your life goal to play devil's advocate to everyone out there/ here in Texas? If you are doing this for kicks and grins and you're the only one laughing then what does that say about you?

DaHop72
06-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Look, I support all Texas sports. Period!
I seriously think you don't understand decorum and respect for starters. Why lash out at 50% of the populance here and expect them to *gasp* defend their teams or bring up holes in much of what you say? Is it your life goal to play devil's advocate to everyone out there/ here in Texas? If you are doing this for kicks and grins and you're the only one laughing then what does that say about you? It says he's :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: .

SintonFan
06-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
It says he's :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: .
lol:D

pirate4state
06-14-2006, 10:12 PM
I think it is :crazy: that everyone lets this guy get under their skin. In the grand scheme of things (read: your life) why give him that much attention? :thinking: Just let him babble away...

He is never gona change his opinion and you're never gonna change yours...too much negative energy.

SintonFan
06-14-2006, 10:14 PM
I thought my post was analytical and devoid of emotion(at least my one 4 spots up). ;)

Phil C
06-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Sorry to bring this up below but it was on the Cover of SI at the time.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/beowulf77/OU_SI_Cover_Cheer.jpg

Phil C
06-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Sorry to bring this up below but it was on the Cover of SI at the time.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/beowulf77/OU_SI_Cover_Cheer.jpg

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

PHS Wildcats
06-19-2006, 02:43 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:
Hey Phil C atleast I'm not Longhorn Bandwagon fan, They are in my heart forever.

Phil C
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Hey Phil C atleast I'm not Longhorn Bandwagon fan, They are in my heart forever.

Very good PHS. Very good indeed. :)

Emerson1
07-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Phil a bandwagon UT fan?

You truly are an idiot guy.