PDA

View Full Version : Which first year Quarterback will have the greatest impact on his team.

hawkfan
06-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Which first year Big XII Quarterback will have the greatest impact on his team.

1. Stephen McGee, A&M
2. Colt McCoy, UT
3. Jevan Snead, UT
4. Graham Harrel, TT

Adidas410s
06-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Graham Harrell will have a minimal impact on his team in that the system overpowers the abilities of the individual...for the most part.

Stephen Mcgee (if you consider him a true 1st year QB) should offer A&M some much needed consistency and balance from game to game.

With McCoy and Snead...it's still not clear if there will be a clear cut starter. If they stick with a two QB system all year long, I think it will have a negative impact on the team results.

Emerson1
06-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Mcgee just because he is on the worst team of the 3. Though he has to do better than throwing just 9/29 in his 2 starts at the end of the season.

Colt and Jevan arn't even sure who is starting, but whoever does will have more success than Mcgee just because they are superior in every position compared to a&m.

Harrel is in a system where I could get 4000 yards passing.

big daddy russ
06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
While Tech is on the cusp of being a national power, I don't think they get there until Harrell has a year under his belt.

While UT will be a NC contender, they're still taking a step back. You can't expect a 19-year old to fill the shoes of one of the greatest college QB's ever. McCoy and/or Snead will have an impact on their team, but when you're stacking them up against last year's squad it will be a negative impact.

Either way, McGee will have a greater impact on his team. Texas A&M has tons of talent (much more than Tech), but that talent never lived up to it's expectations during the Reggie era. Enter McGee. When he entered the game, even though he may have only completed some 30% of his passes, you could tell a difference in the way the entire team played. Imagine if the Ags played the entire '05 season the way they played the 'Horns. Considering last year's record, there's no question that A&M should be the most improved team out of these three... it won't be hard... and McGee will be the single most important factor.