PDA

View Full Version : DCF - Sweetwater/ Wylie

Lobo10
06-12-2006, 08:37 AM
How is the Sweetwater/ Wylie district picked?

STANG RED
06-12-2006, 09:38 AM
I havent seen it, so this is only a guess, but since Sweetwater is ranked higher than Wylie in the DCF poll, here is my guess.

1. Sweetwater
2. Wylie
3. Breckinridge
4. Clyde
5. Commanche

This is what makes the most sense right now, but we are talking about DCF, so that doesnt mean much.

Lobo10
06-12-2006, 09:44 AM
That's what I would think with the first two, but the other 3 might be more of a toss up.

DaHop72
06-12-2006, 09:46 AM
From the Pony Express

Here is what Dave Campbell's Texas Football says about District 7-3A in 2006.

"Here is how Texas Football sees this district playing our (enrollment numbers in parentheses Division 1 representative in bold):

1. Sweetwater (611)
2. Abilene Wylie (916)
3. Breckenridge (460)
4. Clyde (506)
5. Comanche (426)"

Here is what the magazine says about Region 1:

"In looking at the playoffs by bracket, Region 1 seems to be the most wide open. No.11 Snyder has the highest ranking in the region. Snyder wants to atone for what it considered an upset by Monahans in the first round last year. Snyder was coming off a school-best 3a semi-final showing in 2004, only to be knocked off 28-21. And Monahans could again be looming as an early round opponent.

Sweetwater was the one to oust Monahans last season and wasn't stopped until losing to eventual champ Tatum in the state semifinals. Sweetwater has track speedster Skye Green returning at running back and he can be the big-play maker to remind West Texans of the halcyon days of Mike Welch, who led Sweetwater to its last state championship in 1985 in 4A.

With more recent success is Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater's District 7-3A rival and the Division 1 state champ in 2004. Wylie reached the quarterfinals before Gainesville ousted it in a heartbreaking 25-22 game. Wylie also has a speedster in running back Gary Edwards, forth in the 200 meters at the state track meet. Of course, Wylie starts at No. 18 and could have another rematch with No. 24 Canyon. Wylie edged Canyon 39-36 last season.

Gainesville, after Greenville hired it's former head coach Jeff Cordell- who took the team to last year's title game and won it all in 2004- will have a difficult time just making out of District 8, where Decatur seems the choice to take the district crown."

District303aPastPlayer
06-12-2006, 09:47 AM
can you post hte region IV one too :)

STANG RED
06-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Lobo10
That's what I would think with the first two, but the other 3 might be more of a toss up.

I could easily see a possible flip flop on Breckinridge and Clyde, but I dont see Commanche moving up. They have been down for several years now, and will have a very hard time in this district.

Lobo10
06-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Stil I don't think that any of the district games would be a walk-over. But remember, Games are played on the field not in a Magazine.

STANG RED
06-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Lobo10
Stil I don't think that any of the district games would be a walk-over. But remember, Games are played on the field not in a Magazine.

True enough. Personaly, I hope the district is tough as nails from top to bottom. I hate walkover games. I hope there is still alot of drama left on that last Friday night, and everybody is still playing for a playoff spot.

Lobo10
06-12-2006, 11:16 AM
could come down to that. Someone will have a bye and have to watch, i hate open weeks that late in the year.

VWG
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Breckenridge will have a tough time replacing three year starter at QB Jeremy Heatley. Kid was a very good player. They did have a good soph. RB last year that really ate some yards up in that offense.
Can Clyde make the playoffs as the third place team?

wildstangs
06-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Winner of Sweetwater - Wylie will be outright district champion. No more Snyder too force a three way tie. I am not sure what Clyde has coming back, but Breckenridge lost a great QB. I will go with Breckenridge.

1. Sweetwater (Homer pick. Sweetwater has yet to beat Wylie in a district game, might as well be this year)

2. Wylie (Will be really interesting to see who ends up at QB. Edwards would be fun to watch)

3. Breckenridge (Great tradition. Seem to be back on track)

4. Clyde (Clyde has made drastic improvements, but they are still in a tough district)

5. Comanche (Comanche always seems to have a good RB, but their enrollment will really hurt them against the larger schools. Seems like they bounce back and forth between 3A and 2A every realignment)

wtxmike
06-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Breckenridge will have a tough time replacing three year starter at QB Jeremy Heatley. Kid was a very good player. They did have a good soph. RB last year that really ate some yards up in that offense.
Can Clyde make the playoffs as the third place team? I would say clyde will be the 3rd place team i'm real close to alot of their players and i know they have alot of confidence in Coach Slaughter they are always Big and Strong every year mainly i think the key to there sucess is gettin the ball in QB wes lyles' hands he's big, and definately in the Kevils hands they're runnin back regional Quailifier in the 100m dash (sweetwater district) and also state champion powerlifter in the 181 class........i'm not sayin clyde will take it all but they will be better than years past i don't see them makin a run like monahans did last year but i can see a winning season and playoff berth for sure

shadow13
06-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by wtxmike
I would say clyde will be the 3rd place team i'm real close to alot of their players and i know they have alot of confidence in Coach Slaughter they are always Big and Strong every year mainly i think the key to there sucess is gettin the ball in QB wes lyles' hands he's big, and definately in the Kevils hands they're runnin back regional Quailifier in the 100m dash (sweetwater district) and also state champion powerlifter in the 181 class........i'm not sayin clyde will take it all but they will be better than years past i don't see them makin a run like monahans did last year but i can see a winning season and playoff berth for sure I totally agree mike, although Snyder is gone this district will still be very stuff to win, Clyde was a young team last year with size and strength and they do have alot of talent also. They will be in the hunt for a playoff spot. I was very impressed after their game with Sweetwater last year.

VWG
06-14-2006, 07:33 AM
just took a look at Clyde's schedule, and they have games against Vernon, Burkburnett, and Graham. Should be three good tests for Clyde before district starts. Ballinger is their season opener.

STANG RED
06-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I dont know his name, but Clyde's RB was just a soph last year, but he was a big, strong, fast, bruiser. I think he rushed for around 180 against Sweetwater last year, and I dont remember another back even getting close to 100 all year against that D. I look for that kid to make some noise over the next couple of years. He may be the difference that Clyde needs to finally get a playoff birth. I look for them to compete well in that district for the next couple of years.

shadow13
06-14-2006, 12:36 PM
I know that none of our kids are taking Clyde or anyone else in the District lightly, I went past the fieldhouse this morning and the parking lot was just about full. These Mustangs are taking this year very seriously ( not that they haven't in the past) but I can't remember that many kids working out on their own before.

VWG
06-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
I know that none of our kids are taking Clyde or anyone else in the District lightly, I went past the fieldhouse this morning and the parking lot was just about full. These Mustangs are taking this year very seriously ( not that they haven't in the past) but I can't remember that many kids working out on their own before.

Don't take this the wrong way, but those "voluntary" workouts are misleading.
I know of about three schools right now that have summer workouts and there are sign in sheets. These are checked weekly by coaching staff to make sure who is working out and who isn't.

injuredinmelee
06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
True enough. Personaly, I hope the district is tough as nails from top to bottom. I hate walkover games. I hope there is still alot of drama left on that last Friday night, and everybody is still playing for a playoff spot.
I think Wylie will fight for a playoff spot. After the preseason sched is over we might not have anogh kids healthy to play 6 man football. But if we can come out of those 6 games healhty we will be a better team for it.

thewyliefan
06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
tru dat

Adidas410s
06-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I know of about three schools right now that have summer workouts and there are sign in sheets. These are checked weekly by coaching staff to make sure who is working out and who isn't.

true...true...

shadow13
06-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I know of about three schools right now that have summer workouts and there are sign in sheets. These are checked weekly by coaching staff to make sure who is working out and who isn't. I guess you are probably right ,if they have to sign in ,then it doesn't quiet seem like voluntary workouts.

vet93
06-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Coach Slaughter will be the difference maker for this team. He is a great motivator and coach. If they have some talent...look for them to do well in their new district. Unfortunately for clyde, it is a very tough district. If they give coach Slaughter a few years....he will have them contending each year for a playoff slot.

#1 Fan
06-20-2006, 10:52 PM
I think Sweetwater will do well with their new defensive coordinator.

DU_stud04
06-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by #1 Fan
I think Sweetwater will do well with their new defensive coordinator.

wigington still there????

oh well
06-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Who left? Who is the new Dc

#1 Fan
06-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Heard he was now principal and Mobley was new DC