PDA

View Full Version : Check Out The Hutto ISD Projected Growth In The Next 3-4 Years!!!

ILS1
06-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Wow!!! It's a Powerpoint presentation,give it a minute or so to load. But very large jprojected numbers for a small school. Just think almost 20 years ago when I graduated,we ONLY had 18 Seniors and K-12 was in ONE building!!! LOL!!! :D

:clap:

Hutto ISD Projected Growth (http://www.hutto.txed.net/cgibin/index.cgi?mod=Topic_UI&rm=view_featured_detail&id=165)

Click on link above the picture

KTJ
06-11-2006, 10:21 PM
"Hutto is the fastest growing school district in the state"

Okay, why do they claim this? Do they have a stat to back that up?

Because I can name 10 other school districts who claim the same thing.

formermbcouns
06-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Bye Bye 3A very soon : )

lepfan
06-12-2006, 01:39 AM
The had a Hutto renovation on HGTV the other day....it seems there was an old grocery store downtown that a couple renovated and is living in...Did I remember the story right?

ILS1
06-12-2006, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
The had a Hutto renovation on HGTV the other day....it seems there was an old grocery store downtown that a couple renovated and is living in...Did I remember the story right?

Yes,it used to be own by a former mayor of Hutto. It's in downtown Hutto and it's actually a two story building. It's no longer a grocery store,I believe they sell insurance on the 1st floor and live on the 2nd floor. Haven't been inside that building in years. But it looks nice on the outside.

:D

injuredinmelee
06-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Hutto has the best looking Wal-Mart ever.

KTJ
06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Hutto has the best looking Wal-Mart ever.

If it's the same one I think you're talking about, that Wal-Mart is technically in Round Rock. There are a few stores that look like that here in the D/FW area. I believe the city/neighborhood has to request that the store "fit in with the neighborhood" so that it fits city/neighborhood codes. Nevertheless, it does look nice.

Hutto is definitely growing and they should act soon. It's not having Frisco type growth, but it's growing at a rapid pace. I heard the other day that Round Rock ISD is building another high school off of 1431. And Leander/Cedar Park ISD is building another high school as well.

Aesculus gilmus
06-12-2006, 12:37 PM
It sounds like Hutto is really spreading out all over the vicinity down there.

Where does a Hippo spread?
ANYWHERE he wants to.

Maybe if it gets large enough Hutto should be renamed the Elephants.

ILS1
06-12-2006, 04:14 PM
If it's the same one I think you're talking about, that Wal-Mart is technically in Round Rock.

County Road 122 is the Hutto ETJ boundary. Which is where the store sits just East of that. Anything East of that is technical Hutto (meaning they get all the taxes) and anything West of that is Round Rock. If you call them they usually answer "Thank You for calling Wal-Mart in Hutto". LOL!!! Plus,the outline on the front of the store is a silouhette of downtown Hutto. I have a friend who lives just Northwest of that store. He has a Hutto address,Round Rock utilities and his kids are located in Georgetown ISD boundaries. Crazy in that area!!!!

Adidas410s
06-12-2006, 04:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

- Within two years (2008) our high school will be at 1376. This is 176 students ABOVE capacity* (1200).
- Within three years (2009) our high school will be at 1704. This is 504 students ABOVE capacity.
- Within four years (2010) our high school will be at 2038. This is 838 students ABOVE capacity.

- Our vision for how to deal with our high school situation must drive how we handle our other facility needs!

- In two years (2008) we will be above capacity in our high school with the need for portables. Keep in mind that we currently have no plans for how to handle our future high school needs. n

- deally, the decisions made on the high school situation over the next few months should offer a solution by the 2009-2010 school year or we will be crowding 1704 students into a facility built for 1200.

espn1
06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I expect Liberty Hill to be not very far behind.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-12-2006, 06:04 PM
i lived between Pflugerville and Hutto back in 2001 and i remember seeing city limit sign saying around 600 people lol they were justing putting that sonic, but isnt Pflugerville growing just as fast?

ILS1
06-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i lived between Pflugerville and Hutto back in 2001 and i remember seeing city limit sign saying around 600 people lol they were justing putting that sonic, but isnt Pflugerville growing just as fast?

Yeah,the city limit sign still has a population of about 1280. When actually it's almost 10X that!!! Including the Sonic,they now have a Home Depot,Chili's,Subway,Quizno's,Taco Bell,McDonald's,Domino's Pizza,Golden Chick and about 10 other local restaurants. I never thought I'd see the day where we actually had choices of places to eat in Hutto!!! With an Outlet Mall,HEB and another huge auto dealership in the near future. They also went from 1 bank to 4.

lepfan
06-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Yes,it used to be own by a former mayor of Hutto. It's in downtown Hutto and it's actually a two story building. It's no longer a grocery store,I believe they sell insurance on the 1st floor and live on the 2nd floor. Haven't been inside that building in years. But it looks nice on the outside.

:D I thought it was renovated into a home....and a couple was living in it. (?????)

ILS1
06-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Ok,it might be the same thing I was thinking about. I didn't see that HGTV show so I wouldn't know what they were talking about. But that was the ONLY grocery store Hutto had at the time. I'll call and ask my brother.

hutex04
06-13-2006, 07:44 AM
when i was young i lived in round rock. Back when round rock was a whole lot smaller. I remember any time we drove to hutto it seemed like it took forever! nothing but country land along the way. Its sad to see Hutto grow, at least it is for me. I wish we could stay 3a and have a population under 10,000