PDA

View Full Version : CFN's Texas Preview

3afan
06-11-2006, 04:32 PM
http://collegefootballnews.com/Big_12/2006_Previews/Texas_preview.htm

Txbroadcaster
06-11-2006, 06:30 PM
I agree with everything for the most part EXCEPT this part

The season will be a success if ... Texas plays for the national title. After last year, would anything less be acceptable? If there isn't a repeat trip to the championship game, that likely means a loss to either Ohio State, Oklahoma or Nebraska, and
the heat will be back on Mack Brown.

Sorry but as a UT fan I am not going to be putting the heat back on Brown if he does not get a team that will either be starting a Frshman QB or a redshirt freshman QB back to the NAtional Champ game.Yes I know the team is loaded, but there will still be plays in big games that the QB will have to make the play.

big daddy russ
06-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I agree with everything for the most part EXCEPT this part

The season will be a success if ... Texas plays for the national title. After last year, would anything less be acceptable? If there isn't a repeat trip to the championship game, that likely means a loss to either Ohio State, Oklahoma or Nebraska, and
the heat will be back on Mack Brown.

Sorry but as a UT fan I am not going to be putting the heat back on Brown if he does not get a team that will either be starting a Frshman QB or a redshirt freshman QB back to the NAtional Champ game.Yes I know the team is loaded, but there will still be plays in big games that the QB will have to make the play.
I agree. I don't think Mack will be on the hot seat for a while. IF he loses to OU the next two or three years, maybe... and that's a big maybe... but the weight of 14 karats will be enough to keep him in town for a long while.

Txbroadcaster
06-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Barry Switzer said it best..for every NC that gives a coach 5 years of safety.

Chris Hart
06-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Barry Switzer said it best..for every NC that gives a coach 5 years of safety. It definately should guarantee at least 5 years...

ILS1
06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I really think that the loss of Ramonce Taylor was HUGE!!!!! He was such a versatile player and made some really big plays in the clutch. Plus,he relieved Jammal Charles during the game alot!!! His presence will be deeped missed!!! I'm very interested in FINALLY getting to see Jordan Shipley play live instead of the IR.

:D

Txbroadcaster
06-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I really think that the loss of Ramonce Taylor was HUGE!!!!! He was such a versatile player and made some really big plays in the clutch. Plus,he relieved Jammal Charles during the game alot!!! His presence will be deeped missed!!! I'm very interested in FINALLY getting to see Jordan Shipley play live instead of the IR.

:D

Not to take away from what Taylor did cause he had some big plays, but losing him IMO will not hurt as bad as it seems, Horns have a deep WR corp, and a deep RB corp, and that was the two positions he was going to play