PDA

View Full Version : Southlake Carroll Tournament Controversy??

Matthew328
06-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Check it out, what do you think should happen in this situation???

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=551763

PhiI C
06-11-2006, 09:01 AM
If you can't beat 'em disqualify 'em!

Matthew328
06-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Me personally I dont feel Southlake should get DQ'd from the state tournament....I do feel they should not be able to host a SQT for at least one year as punishment for violating the rules....

VWG
06-11-2006, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't DQ them from the state tournament, but I would agree with you Matt on banning them from hosting tournaments for 2007.

WOSgrad
06-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Well, Diggs' column suggests a little more shenanigans may be involved here. If that is the case, then DQing them may be a viable option.

DU_stud04
06-11-2006, 11:10 AM
"The selected item does not exist or has been deleted."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
"The selected item does not exist or has been deleted."

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Looks like it was pulled.

DU_stud04
06-11-2006, 11:15 AM
:( , i shoulda check this out again this morning before i left to church.

sounds interesting, can anyone tell me about it?

smustangs
06-11-2006, 11:26 AM
dang it me too cuz i want to read it or hear what happened

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:( , i shoulda check this out again this morning before i left to church.

sounds interesting, can anyone tell me about it?
Check your privates. ;)

Old Tiger
06-11-2006, 12:23 PM
I want to know :(

rockdale80
06-11-2006, 12:26 PM
me too

Gobbla2001
06-11-2006, 12:31 PM
me three AND four!!! :(

kaorder1999
06-11-2006, 12:49 PM
five and six

Emerson1
06-11-2006, 01:08 PM
It was something about a team being disqualified because they didn't have numbers on their jerseys. Then there was something about SLC holding there own 7on7 tournament, their homer clock keepers giving them an extra play and winning on that play. None of it mattered though because it wasn't an official tournament. Didn't get what the big deal was.

smustangs
06-11-2006, 01:15 PM
lh panther mom will you private me the information about it too please?

VWG
06-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Why was the thread not able to open all of a sudden?
What, did Todd Dodge put pressure on Matt and staff to pull the story? LOL

Emerson1
06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Nothing bad even happened, they just blew something WAYYYYYY out of proportion. SLC got to run 1 extra play in a 7 on 7 game on which they scored and won the championship, it wasn't even an official tournament. There is no "Controversy".

Gobbla2001
06-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Nothing bad even happened, they just blew something WAYYYYYY out of proportion. SLC got to run 1 extra play in a 7 on 7 game on which they scored and won the championship, it wasn't even an official tournament. There is no "Controversy".

But if they do it then and it is unfair, what's to say they won't do it again during an 'official' tournament???

I don't know all of the facts here, but this is a competition, you cheat I wanna know about it, I don't care if it's hop-scotch...

did they cheat and how is what I wanna know...

And how far did some of these teams drive just to have the host school pull strings if strings were infact pulled???

Hopefully no wrong was done here, but it is good to know who you can and can't trust...

rockdale80
06-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I would think that cheating a bunch of kids out of a win is a big deal. What kind of example is that setting if as adults you allow this to happen?

eagles_victory
06-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Are we all missing something this is 7 on 7 who cares besides Matthew 328 and thats just about promoting his little rip ofa site

Gobbla2001
06-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Are we all missing something this is 7 on 7 who cares

You clicked on it...

Keep promoting Matt, it brings out the little whiners...

Emerson1
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
But if they do it then and it is unfair, what's to say they won't do it again during an 'official' tournament???

I don't know all of the facts here, but this is a competition, you cheat I wanna know about it, I don't care if it's hop-scotch...

And how far did some of these teams drive just to have the host school pull strings if strings were infact pulled???

Hopefully no wrong was done here, but it is good to know who you can and can't trust...
They are making it sound alot worse than it is, is this really a "Controversy"? No, they got to run 1 extra play in a meaningless 7 on 7 game. They are trying to make it sound like they were caught recruiting or using ineligible players.

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by smustangs
lh panther mom will you private me the information about it too please?
I didn't post it earlier, because I read it around 6:30-7 this morning and didn't want to get something wrong (and had forgotten some of the teams). This is the edited version. Darn those 'ritas.

Seems there were a few "issues". First, one of the teams was DQ'd during their 4th game (or just after) because some of their players didn't have numbers on their shirts. Funny that no one noticed it until that late, plus they had competed on another SQT the week before with the same kids not having numbers. (And the coach that turned them in was the host coach the week before.) I thought this was quite odd, myself. :thinking:

Then, I didn't quite "get" all this, but some teams had to play 6 games, when the norm is 4. (If I rmember that correctly).

BUT, the biggest thing was that the rules clearly state that a team cannot advance past pool play if they have already qualified for the state tourney. Since SLC had already qualified, it seems they shouldn't have been in the final. :thinking: Then, there was the play after time was called....to get the win.

ey from their tournamentSLC is listed as a SQT on texasfootball, so it does sound like an "official" tourney.

The main thing I took from it was that it would be a good idea if all teams and hosts were reminded of all the rules at the beginning of each season. (This is one area where my knowledge is not very great, since we don't participate in tourney 7 vs 7, only weekly games with Leander.)

olddawggreen
06-11-2006, 02:47 PM

1. South Lake Carrol had already qualified at an earlier tournament.

2. South Lake Carrol doesn't need to cheat to win.

3>:p :p :p

Gobbla2001
06-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
1. South Lake Carrol had already qualified at an earlier tournament.

2. South Lake Carrol doesn't need to cheat to win.

3>:p :p :p

Hell, you're probably right, but there was an article about it and I was interested...

olddawggreen
06-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Hell, you're probably right, but there was an article about it and I was interested...

Me too. I will be at SLC tomorrow and will ask TD about it. :D

Matthew328
06-11-2006, 04:21 PM
It was an official tournament...but the article I am not allowed to speak about it publicly....

And for eagles_victory yes I do like to promote the site I work for...but I have never prohibited anyone else from promoting other sites as long as they aren't direct competitors..but this was a bigger issue than just SLC getting to run an extra play in a meaningless game..

3afan
06-11-2006, 04:28 PM
7 on 7 = PRACTICE ..... all-in-all, yes, its pretty meaningless unles some laws were broken or something like that

Gobbla2001
06-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
7 on 7 = PRACTICE ..... all-in-all, yes, its pretty meaningless unles some laws were broken or something like that

Meaningless in predicting the outcome of the regular football season? I agree...

But as for it just being practice, these volunteer coaches and kids with summer things to do don't travel three hours or more in some cases just to practice, they travel to compete and win...

Atleast that's what I gather...

Gobbla2001
06-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I finally found the article... talked to all my friends that I knew had rivals subscriptions and one of 'em had for some reason saved the article... I read it and things started clearing up for me and making since about 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through...

I guess I'm promoting too (rats)

------
I had to delete this since someone copied and pasted it and posted it on texasprepxtra.com I hope you guys got your reading in! (Matthew328)

lostaussie
06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
:( this ain't football no more. as usual, its all about politics and behind the scenes garbage.

kaorder1999
06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
easy explanation to why Southlake can do whatever they want and article was pulled...just my opinion
yall ready???

Doug Stephens= Southlake Assistant Coach

Doug Stephens= head man of 7 on 7, President of the Board of Directors

Doug Stephens= Bobby Burton's brother-in-law

SUMMARY=That is why I think Southlake can do anything and the reason the article was pulled..

WHAT DO YALL THINK????

lostaussie
06-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
easy explanation to why Southlake can do whatever they want and article was pulled...just my opinion
yall ready???

Doug Stephens= Southlake Assistant Coach

Doug Stephens= head man of 7 on 7, President of the Board of Directors

Doug Stephens= Bobby Burton's brother-in-law

SUMMARY=That is why I think Southlake can do anything and the reason the article was pulled..

WHAT DO YALL THINK???? you are definately on to something!!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you are definately on to something!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup: Ditto!

Haunta Yo
06-11-2006, 09:28 PM
... A (DESERVING) team that has already advanced to the state tournament is now preventing another ( AVERAGE) team from qualifying in the big dance.

I lvoe hnarieg pelpoe cry auobt 7-on-7...
the rfes chaeted, we got the tguohest pool, jeresy numrebs, we olny wnat to paly fuor gmaes to qaulify not six.

Let Alze and Graepvine tarvel 800 mlies lkie E-E if tehy wnat to backodor a way to A&M.

olddawggreen
06-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
the rfes chaeted, we got the tguohest pool, jeresy numrebs, we olny wnat to paly fuor gmaes to qaulify not six.

Let Alze and Graepvine tarvel 800 mlies lkie E-E if tehy wnat to backodor a way to A&M.

Wow!:thinking:

slpybear the bullfan
06-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
the rfes chaeted, we got the tguohest pool, jeresy numrebs, we olny wnat to paly fuor gmaes to qaulify not six.Let Alze and Graepvine tarvel 800 mlies lkie E-E if tehy wnat to backodor a way to A&M.

Ummm...

Turn the keyboard around so the letters and numbers are facing you. HINT: The space bar shoud be next to you.