PDA

View Full Version : The movie "Cars"

pirate44
06-11-2006, 08:10 AM
i cant say enough good things about this movie. wow. best animation ever done. it is actually now one of my favorite movies. my 2 year old loved every minute of the 2 hour movie. afterwards as disney and pixar had planned, we headed to the store and bought all the "Cars" stuff. this movie is great for all ages. and the "short" they played before the movie had amazing animation as well. im not a fan of these types of movies, but The Incredibles made me think twice. i loved that one, but Cars just kicked it up several notches. Everybody go see this one.

injuredinmelee
06-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I had this eerie feeling the entire time that i had seen this movie before only with real people. So I went home and went through my movie stash... Doc Hollywood??? Then I read a article about it sat morning in the Abilene Paper and they said the same thing.

bjrod9
06-11-2006, 10:46 AM
This movie was sweet! Owen Wilson played the part of Lightning Mcqueen just perfect. Tow Mater can you remind you of one of those lost friends someone might have. BUt overall, i highly reccomend this movie. i give it 5 jalapenos out of 5.

pirate44
06-11-2006, 12:08 PM
everything was so realistic, for a while i thought to myself, "i need to plan a trip to route 66 to that town" then i realized it wasnt a real town. but id like to watch the movie over again just to look at the computer generated scenery. awesome

injuredinmelee
06-11-2006, 12:19 PM
It was very very good.

Bellville22
06-12-2006, 11:01 AM
This was also the best animated movie I've ever seen. Very very realistic down to the smallest little details. One of those G rated movies that's aimed at adults. Highly recommend it.

AP Panther Fan
06-12-2006, 11:19 AM
My mom and youngest daughter went to see it over the weekend! They both loved it.:)

Phil C
06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
My mom and youngest daughter went to see it over the weekend! They both loved it.:)

Has your son seen it though. I would like his opinion.

AP Panther Fan
06-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Has your son seen it though. I would like his opinion.

The only viewing my son is seeing is that of girls in bikinis in Cancun. :D I'm pretty sure he will share his opinion on that with you when he returns though.

They actually left last Thursday and return this Thursday. Needless to say, this was one Mom that has had her eyes glued to the Weather Channel over the last few days. Was relieved when the depression made it through the Yucatan and headed for Florida....where my mother-in-law lives.:eek: :eek:

DU_stud04
06-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Was relieved when the depression made it through the Yucatan and headed for Florida....where my mother-in-law lives

hahaha, that just sounds funny

RiverRat19
06-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Best part of the movie... McQueen has lost the big race in the beginning and is going to meet everyone in the "sponsor's tent"... He's on stage and all is quiet... from the back you hear a faint "Freebird!"... classic...

piratebg
06-14-2006, 06:59 PM
The movie was awesome. I took my family to finally go see it on Tuesday and it is only the second movie to keep both my son's attention for 2hrs.

Bull's-eye
06-14-2006, 08:29 PM
I've seen the Rascal Flats video "Life is a highway" from the movie. It's a very good song! How is the rest of the sound track?

DaHop72
06-15-2006, 09:57 PM
My family went and saw the movie tonight. It was a great movie.:clap: :clap:

Cameron Crazy
06-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Isnt larry the cable guy one of the characters?:thinking:

turbostud
06-15-2006, 10:29 PM
yes and owen wilson, cheech marin and george carlin.

MHSvarsity2007
06-16-2006, 12:02 AM
i saw it tonight...it was actually good...of course me and my friend were the only people over the age of 7 in there...but it was good nonetheless

pirate44
06-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I've seen the Rascal Flats video "Life is a highway" from the movie. It's a very good song! How is the rest of the sound track?
i thought that version of "life is a highway" was very good, but it wasnt quite as good as the Chris Ledoux version. i love that one.

DU_stud04
06-22-2006, 04:15 AM
cant wait to see this one, will go this weekend for sure!:)

scrub c
06-22-2006, 07:36 AM
good movie. Another Disney / Pixar winner. And I cant wait for FARM ANIMALS did yall see the previews for that one?

here is a funny story for ya

about a week before the movie was in the theaters.... I was in walmart with my kids going up and down the toy isle. trying every toy out that has a "try me" button (them not me- really) and came across this tractor toy the made a sound and flipped over backwards... I thought it was pretty stupid at the time...

needless to say, as we sat in the movie and that part came up, I spit pop-corn and pepsi all over the family in front of us.

spiveyrat
06-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
but id like to watch the movie over again just to look at the computer generated scenery. awesome

took my son yesterday to see this. Some of the scenery tricked me into thinking I was looking at actual film rather than computer generated. WOW! :eek: :thumbsup:

kaorder1999
06-26-2006, 08:19 AM
i thought it was good. Very good animation and pretty funny. Tad bit too long though

wordonthastreet
06-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Took the wife and kids to see this the other day. Paul Newman's character is our favorite. Word on tha street is this is a great movie for young and old to see.

pirate44
06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i thought it was good. Very good animation and pretty funny. Tad bit too long though
my brother thought the same thing. i didnt think so, but i can understand.

spiveyrat
06-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
my brother thought the same thing. i didnt think so, but i can understand.

My son started getting "shifty" with about 10 minutes left. I couldn't get enough. Really great animation!

pirate44
06-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
My son started getting "shifty" with about 10 minutes left. I couldn't get enough. Really great animation!
i was the same way as you. i cant wait for the sequel