PDA

View Full Version : Rank next year's top 10- NCAA

big daddy russ
06-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Or if you want to rank the top 25, you can do that too. I'll count up all the rankings late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning.

A team who gets a vote for the top ranking gets 25 points, a team who gets ranked 25th gets one point, just like the AP polls.

big daddy russ
06-10-2006, 03:08 PM
1. Florida State
2. OU
3. West Virginia
4. Notre Dame
5. Texas
6. Ohio State
7. LSU
8. Virginia Tech
9. Auburn
10. USC
11. Iowa
12. Penn State
13. Cal
14. Michigan
15. Miami
16. TCU
17. Florida
18. Tennessee
19. Georgia
20. Arizona State
21. Louisville
22. Texas Tech
23. Michigan State
24. South Carolina
25. Nevada

Others/sleepers:
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Oregon
Arizona
Houston
Rutgers
Southern Miss
Wazzu

schu1213
06-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
1. Florida State
2. OU
3. West Virginia
4. Notre Dame
5. Texas
6. Ohio State
7. LSU
8. Virginia Tech
9. Auburn
10. USC
11. Iowa
12. Penn State
13. Cal
14. Michigan
15. Miami
16. TCU
17. Florida
18. Tennessee
19. Georgia
20. Arizona State
21. Louisville
22. Texas Tech
23. Michigan State
24. South Carolina
25. Nevada

Others/sleepers:
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Oregon
Arizona
Houston
Rutgers
Southern Miss
Wazzu

1.Ohio St.
2. West Virgina
3.Notre dame
4.OU
5.Texas
6.Florida
7.LSU
8.USC
9.LSU
10.Florida St

Ohio St has to be higher than 6 man come on, thye have to be top two.

big daddy russ
06-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
...Ohio St has to be higher than 6 man come on, thye have to be top two.
Notre Dame, UT, and OSU are interchangeable IMO.

I can't knock OSU's offense, but they lost their five best defenders. The entire LB crew, the anchors of last year's defense, are gone. So is the entire secondary.

There's no truly dominant team that stands out right now, so I'm just going on which teams have the fewest question marks. The Buckeyes are a top two-caliber team in terms of talent, I just think they have too many unanswered questions to put them ahead of OU, FSU, or WV. After that, I'd be willing to put them anywhere 4-7 and be comfortable with that ranking.

DU_stud04
06-10-2006, 04:46 PM
1. miami
2. notre dame
3. ucla
4. texas
5. ohio state
6. virginia tech
7. lsu
8. auburn
9. penn state
10. texas a&m

yea, im ready for all the laughs

Emerson1
06-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't get why people are putting OU up so high, they had a horrible oline last year and the 2 good players on that line were drafted.

schu1213
06-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I think ou will be verry verry good this year. A healthy peterson and a bomar with a year under his belt will be a dangerous combination

Sweetwater96
06-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
1. miami
2. notre dame
3. ucla
4. texas
5. ohio state
6. virginia tech
7. lsu
8. auburn
9. penn state
10. texas a&m

yea, im ready for all the laughs

I think it is awesome you put A&M :O), but OU would be up there too. It is sad that A&M can only ever hope to be 3rd in the big 12 south.

Emerson1
06-10-2006, 06:21 PM
There oline is horrible. Adrian isn't good enough to get yards without a good line.

and this will happen once again
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/Micky25/bomar.gif

schu1213
06-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
There oline is horrible. Adrian isn't good enough to get yards without a good line.

and this will happen once again
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/Micky25/bomar.gif

Bohmar is better than any qb that ut will start and we will see buddy, OU was verry close to being good last year.

mustang04
06-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Bohmar is better than any qb that ut will start and we will see buddy, OU was verry close to being good last year.

I have to agree....OU started improving IMMENSELY as the season went on...they remind me of Abilene Wylie....start of season is mediocre, then they progress to become a helluva team!

Emerson1
06-10-2006, 06:53 PM
But there o-line got worse in the offseason.

I don't even think VY could of done all that he did if he had OU o-line instead of the one he had.

hutex04
06-10-2006, 07:10 PM
what! oklahoma played baylor in overtime down the stretch and beat an oregon team without its starting quarterback. Oklahoma will go 10-2 or 9-3 at best. People dont realize how important an offensive line is

big daddy russ
06-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I don't get why people are putting OU up so high, they had a horrible oline last year and the 2 good players on that line were drafted.
Actually, Chris Messner was every bit as good as Davin Joseph, but he's the only player they return from last year's OL.

This year, their line has different problems than last year. Last year's line suffered from lack of talent and lack of football IQ, but if you watched them towards the end of the year, they started to gel. This year, they're starting Messner and four sophs, one of whom (JD Quinn) is a true soph. They have quite a bit more talent on the line with this group, but nobody knows how they'll actually play. The reason everyone in Norman is so high on them, though, is not just their talent, but also their toughness. Three of these guys were three-star recruits who beat out four blue chippers.

QB is the only other position Oklahoma is even mildly concerned with, and after the way Bomar played towards the end of the season )capping it off with a HUGE Holiday Bowl) it's not exactly a big concern. They return the best player in college football, an up-and-coming QB, and one of the most talented defenses in the nation. That defense boasts three DE's that should go in the NFL Draft, one of the three or four best LB's in the nation, and their best secondary in five years. The defense will miss Dusty Dvoracek and Clint Ingram, but nonetheless should be every bit as good as the D's at Texas, Auburn, or Penn State.

Like I said in an earlier post, there's a realistic chance that the kids on that OL go through some growing pains, but Adrian Peterson will still be unstoppable and that defense will keep them in every game.

And even if a couple of the starters choke, they still have all those blue chips waiting to get some PT. I still think G Duke Robinson gets First Team All-Big XII honors next year and that Jon Cooper and Brandon Braxton find their way onto the second team.

To me at least, UT's problems at QB outweigh OU's problems on the line.

big daddy russ
06-10-2006, 07:28 PM
One thing I forgot to add: the schedule will give those kids some time to gel at the start of the season. The only real challenge during the first five weeks will be at Oregon. Middle Tennessee, UAB, a grossly under-manned Washington, and a bye week will give them time to prep for the annual showdown in Dallas. With the d-line they'll be squaring off against every day in practice, they should be ready for the boys in orange by the time the game rolls around.

Should be better this year than it's been in a long time. If Texas makes it past Ohio State and neither stumbles against the teams they should beat, there's a good chance they'll both be ranked in the top three going into the Red River Showdown.

thewyliefan
06-10-2006, 08:03 PM
i dont care where my gators are ranked...as long as florida wins a national championship:clap:

schu1213
06-10-2006, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thewyliefan
i dont care where my gators are ranked...as long as florida wins a national championship:clap: [/QUOTE

I think Florida will be dang good. They have one of the best coaches in d1 and Chirs Leak has a lot of games under his belt. Plus that offense that Mayer puts in takes a few years to really get going so thsi could be a big year for the Gators. The only thing is they play in the best confrence and every week will be a challange for them.