PDA

View Full Version : WF Hirschi Coach Quits

hawkfan
06-10-2006, 11:57 AM
0-20 in the past two years. I believe the talent to compete in 3A is there, they just need somebody to show them how to win.

Chris Hart
06-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I agree! I can't imagine them not having the talent to compete, especially at the 3A level. Old High and Rider are performing very well in 4A, there can't be THAT MUCH difference in talent, or can there?:confused:

Cameron Crazy
06-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Let me rephrase what you just said "They need someone who will disipline them and i think they would be a great team at everything if they just had disipline!

injuredinmelee
06-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Just my thoughts....

That school building was a run down pile of crap in 1990 and unless they have made remarkable improvements inside and out there is no way that school is even inhabitable for a herd of swine. You cant have pride in something that is such an eyesore. That mental attitude makes it's way through the entire student body and affects attitudes, performance and pride. That and apparently they havent had a coaching staff that could pull off the makeover of the program. There has always been LOADS of talent in that school and I cant figure out how they are so down. I do understand that WFISD now lets kids pick which high school? If this is the case then the shabby state of the building and no one wanting to go there certainly comes into play.

Haunta Yo
06-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Let me rephrase what you just said "They need someone who will disipline them and i think they would be a great team at everything if they just had disipline!

Hrad to do wehn a 15 yaer old kid can sipmly cohose to go to the ohter shcool beuacse a cocah is "picknig on him".

GreenMonster
06-10-2006, 03:33 PM
This guy has no class and has proven it once again by bailing out on those kids this late in the summer. He should have bailed out right after the season ended so that administration would have a decent chance of finding the right man for the job instead of some retread. Here's to you Brett Alexander, :tongue: for being my "Official" Jerk of the Week.

hawkfan
06-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
This guy has no class and has proven it once again by bailing out on those kids this late in the summer. He should have bailed out right after the season ended so that administration would have a decent chance of finding the right man for the job instead of some retread. Here's to you Brett Alexander, :tongue: for being my "Official" Jerk of the Week.

I agree. To leave at the end of the season or in the spring is one thing, but leave after school is out, and give the WFISD basically a month to find his replacement. That just shows no class, no integrity, and no morals. If I ever come across a job I like but he his the AD, I think I'll just keep on looking. And injuredinmelee, to answer your question, I was in Hirschi about a two years and the the condition of the school really wasn't that bad. They just need discipline and a winning attitude. Heres hoping they find both with the next coach.

VWG
06-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Choice program killed Hirschi. They used to be the best football team in WFISD. Opening 2A City View didn't help either.
The talent is there... but some of it might be walking the halls instead of playing on Friday nights.

hawkfan
06-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Choice program killed Hirschi. They used to be the best football team in WFISD. Opening 2A City View didn't help either.
The talent is there... but some of it might be walking the halls instead of playing on Friday nights.

I think the choice program had something to do with it, but I disagree with City View opening hurting the program. That took some kids away from IP too, and that hasn't hurt them any. But I agree also that talent might be in the halls and not out on the field. It is kind of hard to want to participate in Athletics when you can't win a football, basketball, or baseball game if your life depended on it. All kids see are losses and they do not want to be part of it, even if they can help them a lot.

LH Panther Mom
06-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
All kids see are losses and they do not want to be part of it, even if they can help them a lot.
Trust me, a good coach/motivator and someone who believes in the kids (and makes them believe in themselves again) can do wonders. :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
06-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Hirschi has great academics. Many go there for that purpose. I agree with everyone else. The coach should have given the school more notice. (Although I don't know his sitation...did he just get a job offer elsewhere or has he been looking?)

Hirschi had a heck of a track team this year.

injuredinmelee
06-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Trust me, a good coach/motivator and someone who believes in the kids (and makes them believe in themselves again) can do wonders. :)

but if the whole school sees the athletic teams as losers then it puts pessure on the kids that want to play to not paly so they are not ridiculed. WFISD has a guy in administration or he was when I was there that would be perfect to lead hirschi back to respectable. I wish I could remember his name. I will think on it for awhile and see if i can recall his name.

VWG
06-11-2006, 12:00 PM
There has been speculation of closing Hirschi athletics and just keeping it open as a magnet school for Arts/Science-Tech school.
Then, any athletes would be going to Rider or Old High.

injuredinmelee
06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Probably not a bad idea. Once you choose a high school then are you tied to that school for the remainder of your high school years? What if an arts student wants to play athletics do they go half and half to one fo the other schools? Would be a nightmare busng kids all the 3way from hirschi to Old High or over to rider. I guess Rider is actually closer to Hirschi.

hawkfan
06-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by VWG
There has been speculation of closing Hirschi athletics and just keeping it open as a magnet school for Arts/Science-Tech school.
Then, any athletes would be going to Rider or Old High.

They have been saying the same thing for years.

GreenMonster
06-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
They have been saying the same thing for years.

Forget that ever actually happening. The WFISD is in a big time money crunch and it would make sense. Problem is local politics won't allow it. The absolute best thing Wichita Falls could do would be to eliminate all of their high schools and build one big high school and do the same for the junior high's by culling the 4 current schools down to 2. With one head coach he could institute his entire program at both of the junior highs and there would be a feeder system that would crank out some serious athletic teams.

KTA
06-11-2006, 03:10 PM
I guess Rider is actually closer to Hirschi.

Nope Old High is by quite a bit.

Hirschi has been sorry for some time now, if im heading into my freshman year im not going to Hirschi unless I absolutley have to. Thats one of the main things I think hurting them is the losing tradition hurting the "recruiting" battle in a town that has 4 schools.

Macarthur
06-11-2006, 03:20 PM
GM, is right. The politics in WF are amazing. However, at some point, financial concerns have to take center stage. It's going to become more and more difficult financially to keep 3 HSs up and running. And the financial outlook in WF isn't going to get any better. In fact, if anything ever happens at Sheppard AFB, look out!